1,340 results
All reviews afternoon tea cakes log fire leisure facilities bar area lovely hotel evening meal birthday treat function room tom jones wedding party food was lovely bar menu member of staff waiting staff duty manager great facilities
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

myself and my husband both decided to take a trip to the parkway restaurant, as soon as we approached the restaurant reception we had warm and welcoming smiles from all staff we was seen to right away and seated by Tom who was very kind towards us and very helpful, shortly after jade came over to take our drinks order, at the time we was unsure of what bottle of wine we wanted to share so we asked if we could see the menu. jade returned immediately with the menu and told us she would give us 5 when she returned we told her which bottle we would like and off she went between that time Tom then came over to the table to take our food order. jade came over again with our wine and just explained she was taking away our soup spoons to give us more room, after we then received bread and our starters straight after which was absolutely beautiful i had the duck and my husband had the melon, well presented jade came to check on us half way through the starters, she was very friendly although it seemed very busy she always seemed to of made time for each and every table around us and ourselves, then our starters were taken away, and we was told the carvery was ready when we were, we then made our way up to the carvery and the chef who was very polite and kind asked us what meat we would like, after being served our meat and then vegetables by Sophie, jade toke over our plates which I thought was very kind of her, she then made us aware our plates were very hot and told us to enjoy our meal and asked if we was okay for drinks. then half way through along came jade to check on us, she was very outgoing and seemed very happy to make a conversation with us, even whilst rushing around for other tables, after finishing our meals a different waitress toke them away, Sophie, who was also very friendly jade came back not long after to ask us if we was having deserts for the evening I agreed, she then read out a few of the desserts before I stopped her and told her crumble would do me, she then said thank you and told me she wouldn't be a minute Sophie returned with my crumble and custard, it was the best crumble I have ever tasted, compliments to the chefafter jade came over once more to ask if we was all okay and to ask if we would like any coffees we then ordered two coffees and was offered to sit down in the lounge, jade then told us to go out whenever we was ready, when we got up and left the restaurant she gave us a big smile and said thank you so much enjoy the rest of your evening see you soon, she was very professional always checking if we was okay, in the conversation we had with her she told us she was fairly new but to me was doing a great job she also told us she loved working here, that is nice to hear and again at the door a lovely goodbye and thank you from Tom, the staff at the parkway are very professional and caring, I was so pleased with the food and service I will be returning very soon thank you Tom, jade and Sophie I will see you soon keep up the good work

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kerry J, Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Dear soph2134,

What a pleasure to read through your review of your recent visit to our restaurant, Ravellos.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your time spent here with us and that there were many members of the team that had a positive impact on your stay. All of your lovely comments have been passed on to the team.

We hope to see you at the Parkway Hotel very soon.

Kind regards

Andrew Herron
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights as we passed through. Clean and comfortable, staff helpful and friendly. Mid range hotel, plenty of parking, not far from Cwmbran so easy to get to.
The girls on reception were particularly helpful and friendly. Nice large lounge/foyer, pleasant to sit for a while. Food good. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Stayed here the night before a close friend's wedding, so we could relax and be close to the wedding venue in Newport. Check in was really friendly and we were offered a table for dinner which we accepted (we had heard good things about the carvery). I'm glad we booked because it seems to be extremely popular and rightly so, the roast was lush! Service was a little slow but it was very busy.

All the staff we encountered during our stay were lovely and accommodating. The bar staff were happy to get us ice and a bucket for the Prosecco we had bought and the guy who works down at the pool and spa was really friendly, even if we did turn up at half past 9 (it closes at 10). We had a nice little soak and steam before bed which was a treat - the spa and pool area is gorgeous.

The rooms are beautifully presented, quiet and comfortable. It was a little hot in the rooms but a small electric fan is provided.

Breakfast was also lovely, I loved the selection of speciality teas and Dorset cereals (my fave). A perfect way to start our morning and help relax the bride's nerves!

Overall, a really lovely day. I'd highly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Came here the other day for a 70th birthday for my friend. The hotel is beautifully set out which we noticed straight away. The bar where we were situated had one member of staff on, a young girl who was very attentive and smiling always. We got speaking to her and she told us more about the hotel and Cwmbran itself which was a lovely added extra onto our night. The night itself was great fun and the drinks went down swimmingly! I'd like to thank the hotel for keeping us so well catered and especially to Sophie, the waitress who constantly checked on us to make sure we had a good night, service is everything in my eyes!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2016

The hotel is more of a holiday hotel than a business hotel and has a more laidback feel. Room whilst not huge was clean and comfortable with a view of the garden.
Staff mostly friendly and attentive ( especially the restaurant manager ) but reception could be a bit more inclined to be helpful.
Afternoon tea was fine, nothing special. In the evening we eat in the restaurant. both of us from the carvery. Suprisingly good ,veg cooked perfectly and meat not dry like a lot of carverys. Nice dessert.
We would probably stay again if in the area but would not make a special visit.

Date of stay: July 2016