“Not for under 8s”
Review of Hollywood Bowl

Hollywood Bowl
Ranked #4 of 11 Fun & Games in Cwmbran
Reviewed June 23, 2018

My children who are 5 have had 2 birthday partys here .each to their own like but most definitely not for under 8 year olds when you have a party of 26 children not enough room in lanes to cater that number .the lane kept breaking down only 1 host for that number of party .After 3 or 4 throw of the ball5 year olds get board by the time you had your 10th throw children have had enough .so no I don't think any bowling place should offer birthday partys for under 8s .the food the burger and hotdog rolls are so thick not suitable for a young child to eat .my opinion .

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"toilets"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Today my friends and I went to holly wood bowl and whilst in there we had multiple issues with their manager. She kept starring at us when we were playing on the machines and giving us dirty looks. Then we went to the restrooms and she continued to follow us in and tells us that we couldn't use the restrooms as we weren't using the premises when we clearly were. We weren't causing trouble we were just playing on the games and having fun.

1  Thank Dayna J
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Bowlplex/Hollywood Bowl has a good number of lanes, and other activities and amenities, including food, drinks, arcade amusements and pool/snooker tables. The location is good, near lots of free parking and restaurants and shops.

It’s a little noisy, but fun, and the staff seem professional, although elusive (they seem to move from one duty station, such as the bar or reception, to another, very frequently).

On the downside, the toilets need work, as cubicles don’t lock, toilet seats are broken, hand soap is unfilled, and both cubicles and toilets are dirty. Brown and red smears on cubicle walls, yellow puddles on seats. I would like to see a deep clean, then a routine established for a proper hourly check and clean/restock.

Additionally there were lane computer glitches on this and another recent visit, where pins were not being properly detected and shown on screen. Maybe maintenance is lacking there too.

1  Thank 349
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Recently visited bowlplex with children and a friend with young children. We all had a great time bowling and there was a nice atmosphere. Place was clean and staff were friendly and helpful and there in a flash to help when our lane broke for few minutes.
After bowling we ordered food from American diner.had to wait a while to order food even though a few staff members walked past me and didn’t acknowledge me. Food took over half and hour to come but was nice food.
Definitely return to bowlplex in the future

1  Thank rachael s
See more reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Visited 23/02/18 about 2pm. Pre booked so lane was ready when we arrived. Went to order drinks at the bar but I could see that it was busy so returned to my lane and pressed the service button. A lane host arrived quickly and took my order and payment. But I could see she was very busy running all the lanes herself. So had to wait 15minutes for out lane. Kids used the arcade which the loved. They won a few tickets and exchange d them for sam prizes. Lovely visit but under staffed.