“Perfection from start to finish. Excellent choice of curries superb taste quality service and fantastic parking. ”
Review of Tamarind

Tamarind
Ranked #8 of 89 Restaurants in Cwmbran
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 22, 2016 via mobile

A no brainer. ....best parking so the evening starts without pressure. Great door to table service. And the best tasting curries in both town and city.well worthy of praise.

Reviewed January 20, 2016 via mobile

Was very impressed from the start! Ordered appetisers then main, the service was outstanding, they couldn't do enough, very polite, the food was delicious, I never choose Indian food as I'm never fussed, but it's changed my outlook, I thought the food was stunning, can not praise it up enough, was very satisfying. At the end of our meal, we was given hot towels and the waiter came with the bill, and gave us chocolate and a flower.

Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

If there's ever an Indian restaurant to go to, make sure it's this one! Exceptional professional service & they are amazing with my almost 3 year old! They definitely make a fuss of her and take her to see the fish in the tanks! They're also very aware when putting down the hot plates etc that she doesn't touch! Little things but they really make a difference. Gorgeous food too! Never ever had a problem

Reviewed December 24, 2015 via mobile

Lovely food nice surroundings very courteous and attentive staff. Prices very competitive. Thank you guys for a lovely evening.

Reviewed December 15, 2015 via mobile

I used to class the tamarind as the best restaurant in Cwmbran, but after tonight's takeaway I now have reservations. Don't get me wrong, service good, dry tikka OK but the Kashmir terrible, the chicken is I think is frozen processed, the sauce as less spices than my spiced wine and is either powdered or thickened by cornflower. The garlic probably powder as well, I should know I'm a chef and the last 5years have been cooking curries with the real ingredients. What a come down for a once nice restaurant.
And I won't start on the lager .

Hippsrer, Manager at Tamarind, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2015

We are sorry to here we did not meet your expectations. The Kashmir is a fruity mild dish that has little spice. All our ingredients and chicken is fresh and we do not use cornflour in any of our dishes you are most welcome to watch our chefs prepare your dish next time. If you were to express your view on the day we would have rectified the issue or perhaps recommend a different dish with more spice. Thank you