All reviews warm welcome for sunday lunch corned beef pie salmon welsh pub little touches owners and staff nice atmosphere served quickly cheesecake maes manor paul menu portions chef waitress display
Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely 2 night stay here spring bank hol weekend.
Our room was very clean and attention to detail is apparent.
The only downside I would say is the shower with shower curtain (my pet hate I'm afraid) .
The breakfast room was really a lovely idea well stocked if there wasn't anything you liked well there's something wrong with you, they've thought of everything.
Jen and David are a lovely couple and we'll suited to the place ok they don't like kids in their pub but guess what I dint want screaming kids either when I'm out for a meal so that suited us grand.
I can understand how it may not suit everyone but hey we are all allowed an opinion and mine is definitely lovely place lovely food lovely people and would definitely come again!!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

Went out for a meal with friends who we haven't seen for a while. They chose the restaurant as I am normally too fussy!

Food was to a very high standard served quickly as well. I had a rib eye steak and to say I am fussy with my steak would be an understatement. The cut was very good and cooked to perfection (medium rare for a rib eye as it should be!)

One down side, would be nice to have drinks ordered at table as plenty of staff armed with notebooks working but that in no way tarnished the night but did interrupt the catch up conversations.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

I went here with a couple of friends. I've been a few times and the food is always excellent. The 3 of us had different meals which we all enjoyed immensely . Well worth a visit if you are near. They also do a 2 course lunch time menu for £10. Excellent value .

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2016

A Superb venue to meet up with friends for Lunch or an evening meal. I have tried the mushroom rissotto, Sunday dinners and the Steak and could not find fault with anything. Plenty of comfy seating and it also has a small outside seating area which is great in the Summer. The food is served quite quickly by friendly staff and nothing is too much trouble if you need anything. Also serves an excellent array of drinks including teas and coffees.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JUlesjai
Reviewed April 7, 2016

my husband and i poped in to the rock on the off chance that they had a table what lovely staff very wellcoming and polite we were seated straight away and once we had ordered our meals arrived soon after very happy with the service and quality of the food thanks very much pat

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple