My husband and I went to the Luberon area in July 2011 and stayed at "Le Jas de Joucas" 6 nights. Bottom line: WE LOVED IT!!!
Everyone has different ideas for their vacation and creature comforts, however, what WE always expect of an accommodation is:
- convenient location (reasonably close to hiking, sights and restaurants)
- reasonable size of room, if possible with small fridge
- good service, if problems arise
...and "Le Jas de Joucas" had all that for us!!!:
Location: Was PERFECT for us, because we were spared the hassle of Gordes and Roussilon and other sights, yet close enough to drive there within a few minutes.
The village of Joucas is about 2 miles down the hill from the property, and the village of Murs is about 2 miles up the hill. So - "Le Jas de Joucas" is seemingly in the smack middle of nothing - but only, if you must walk everywhere.
The location and also the size of the property makes "Le Jas de Joucas" a tranquil, quiet and relaxing place.
Size of rooms: If you are not European, do keep in mind, that in Europe all things are a little smaller. We stayed in Pavillon No. 1 and really liked it. Upon opening the door you sort of walked into your bed already - but only, if you step another 5 feet to the left.
There is a set of about 5 steps going down to the WC and shower/bathroom. And there is a set of about 10 steps up to a loft.
Theoretically, another 2 people could sleep here since there are two more single beds in the loft. But that would be a little tight in my opinion. We used the loft to keep our luggage out of our way.
Anyways, once you get organized in your room, you will find it rather spacy!
Also, we had a really nice terrace looking over to the pool that was only about 20 meters away.
Room was cleaned every day, towels changed every day (if so indicated by you)
We only had one complaint: The provided wine/water glasses were not cleaned every day - so we did that ourselves with some detergent. We told Nathalie, the owner, about that upon check-out - and she apologized right away and told us, that the cleaning personnel is supposed to clean drinking glasses every day as well. - I guess, we should have told her the first morning, and we would never had had any other problem. - Our mistake!
Service: We do not speak a lot of French, but Nathalie - the owner - worked with us very patiently and was very friendly and extremely service oriented. As mentioned with the topic of cleanliness: If you have any issues/complaints/wishes, please, do tell Nathalie right away - and she will do her utmost to make you happy.
Pool - gorgeous!!!! with a wonderful view over to the Petit Luberon and Great Luberon.
Lounge areas and quiet little places to hang out in various spots on the property.
Landscaping and decoration very nicely done, well kept and still looking natural.
(If you absolutely must have a fitness room: They have one, but it is a small, rather dark room - with quite a few machines and weights!!!)
Breakfast: People are always a little special with their expectations for breakfast. Nathalie covers almost all with her HUGE buffet: juice, fresh fruits, breads, croissants, pancakes, cakes, meats, water, coffee, tea, milk, eggs to boil, jam, butter - and all on a wonderful terrace!
Again: For US, it was the absolutely PERFECT place to stay.
If we travel to that part of Provence again, "Le Jas de Joucas" will be our first choice!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 400 metres above sea level, we warmly welcome you to a unique setting with a panoramic view of the Luberon. You can enjoy the swimming pool, a game of lawn bowling, the health spa, or the stillness of nature all around, as you like. Our 7 bungalows nestled in the heart of a pine grove provide a relaxing and friendly environment. For nature-lovers and the merely curious: get away to the many wonders of the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Le Jas de Joucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.