7,322 results
All reviews ok corral butler service caribbean side drunken duck mediterranean village main pool sushi bar cafe de paris bayside restaurant red lane spa club level caribbean grove swim up bar our honeymoon mediterranean pool piano bar bella napoli
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Well for the 4500.00 for an eight night stay in a mediocre room,with holes in the wall where a TV once was,and a view of the air conditioner units,this along with sub par food and birds eating off the spoons at the breakfast buffet ,was not worth the even considering going back..
There were some high points,the staff was accommodating,new addition pool was really nice and the pool bartenders were wonderful.All this being said I have been to resorts in Mexico and Punta Cana where the food,grounds and accommodations out shined Sandals by a long shot and for half the price.Sandals Antigua is an OK resort but not for the money. Pay your money take your choice???? Sandals has been offering 65% off for two years now??? according to them my 4800 dollar vacation should be over 6000.00. They are like a mattress company always having a sale. I don't know how they stay in business.Like I said OK resort,not worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2011
12  Thank pasquale t
Reviewed May 17, 2011

From the moment we entered the property we realized that all the things we had expected had already been blown WAY out of the aqua water. The staff and fun makers are there to make your stay exactly what you want it to be. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. But, there is so much to do on the resort property that you can and will be busy the entire time you are there. It is completely up to you!!
The staff works VERY hard to give you the best grounds you will ever see. I can almost promise you that it will be just that. It grounds allow you to be alone just by going around a corner or they can open up and allow you to be apart of the whole group. Again, its up to you!!
The beach and beach activities are great! The beach is spotless and was NEVER over crowded. It is closer to an empty beach than a full beach, that is for sure. The water activities are all easily accessible and the tools needed were always in working order and clean.
The food and the service staff are exactly what you are hoping it will be. You have so many more choices than you could even think of. The food is accessible most of the day. There is no reason to ever be hungry or thirsty. The staff does all they can to keep the food and drink flowing, with a smile. They were all there working and a part of the experience. It is so amazing how you will miss those servers or host that you have seen day in and out. They do make a difference.
lastly, I will say that the rooms are BEAUTIFUL!! I did see a couple and they were both perfect in there own way. We loved our room and all it had to offer. When purchasing your room, get what you ofcourse can afford but get what you like. That is key!! If you want a cabin on the beach...go for it. If you want to be in suite or whatever room you pick, just come knowing it will be beautiful and the picture is exactly what you will be getting. Go loving it!!! You will be happy you did.

Room Tip: its not the room, its what u make of the room.
4  Thank bryantravelers
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon from May 1, 2011 through May 8. Let me start off by saying that the grounds are beautiful - the gardens are maintained and are absolutely breathtaking. That said, the staff was EXTREMELY rude. We only met two staff members that were pleasant...Patrick, the somolier and a waitress whose name we can't remember.

There were cockroaches in one of the lobbies and an exterminator spraying 10 feet from where my husband and I were trying to enjoy a cocktail one evening. The beaches were beautiful, but are filled with local vendors who don't allow you to relax. We're all for supporting the local community, but literally as soon as you step onto the beach you are bombarded by vendors. We ended up spending 99 percent of our vacation at the pool rather than the beach because we weren't able to relax on the beach.

Additionally, the vendors are not supposed to solicit you through the fence but they do anyway. The security guards that are supposed to be patrolling the property and are located along the fence that divides the property from the beach stand there while the vendors offer you drugs through the fence. We were offered drugs at least three times a night through the fence, each time with a security guard standing right there.

Housekeeping turned down our bed only once our entire stay. We stayed in the "venetian" room and were supposed to be given fresh beach towels every night - we only received those once. Our bedroom was kept fairly nice, but the bathroom was filthy. The toilet area, which is seperate from the rest of the bathroom, had dead bugs scattered along the windowsill and there was dust and dirt all over the floor. We also had a mosquito infestation in our room and my poor husband left Antigua with about 20 huge bites. The fan in our room was broken, as was the air conditioning. The air conditioning was leaking so bad that we had to cover our floor with 5 large bathroom towels. Even then, the tiles were slippery. Our room, which was advertised as an oceanview had absolutely no view of the ocean.

My husband and I also visited the spa during our stay. We got a couple's massage, which was terrible and I got a manicure, which was even worse. They charge $45 for a manicure which is outrageous to begin with, but since my nails were so chipped from all of the water I figured "why not". Let me tell you, my nails looked better before the manicure than they did after. She filed them completely crooked, and used the rough side of the file on the TOPS of my nails - completely destroying them. Not only did she paint my nails, but she painted all of the skin around my nails too. I had to go back to our room, cut all of my nails down because of how thin she made them, and take my polish off.

We made the best of it because it was our honeymoon, but were insanely disappointed and would never recommend this hotel to anyone!

15  Thank ALuongo416
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Our gang of 6 recently visited the Sandals Grand Antigua in May7-14,2011. We have also stayed at the Grand St. Lucia, beaches Turks & Cacios. First of all we were all upgraded at arrival. However, the service of the staff at the bars and restaurant are lacking or just plan slow. We did not experience the at the Grand St. Lucia where we had outstanding service for the entire staff. However, the Playmakers again made all the difference to the trip. Morrison ( MO JO ) , King David, and not to mention Andre ( Lil Wayne ) made sure that each day was packed with new games and adventure for us and the other guess to enjoy. So it you are planning a trip here make sure you look them up and I assure you a great time. Tell them that the NC gang says hello for Rickybobby, Joybell, Mean, Sweetgirl, Just Jill, and Mindy. im sure that they will remember this gang for awhile based on the fun we had with them.
We are now heading over to the Sandals Whitehouse to check it out...... Can hardly wait

Room Tip: We stayed in the 600 block . Nice Rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Tarheel-2629
Reviewed May 15, 2011

This is our fourth Sandals stay with the previous three being in Jamaica. Overall, we found this resort definitely meeting our expectations. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite in the Mediterranean Village and it was the best room that we have had at a Sandals to date. Many folks have commented on the food but from our perspective, we thought the food was very good. The trick is making sure you make the phone call for the reservation. I found that to be a little bit of a pain but something easily lived with. One of the staff indicated the resort to be 96% full for our stay but you definitely wouldn't feel that way. The resort layout was such that we had plenty of space even with the high occupancy. The one definite difference with this resort compared to other Sandals was the lack of 24 hour availability of food and drink. In the early morning, you could not find coffee or muffins, etc, until the buffet opened at 7:30 so early birds need to drink from the in-room coffee machine and go hungry until 7:30. Fortunately for me, I had Diet Coke (my morning coffee) and Water available because I was Concierge. I ditto the comments about loungers being unavailable at the main pool but that is mainly due to guests reserving them all day with their towels and only using them a couple of hours or less. As usual, we found some staff that went above and beyond and others who were cordial but not acting very excited about their jobs. If I were just judging a return visit on this resort, I would definitely go back, however, it will take us a long time to forget the airport fiasco which will deter us from visiting this site in the future. We had a 4:30 flight and left the resort for the 10 minute drive at 1:30 per Sandals schedule. When we arrived, it took about 20 minutes to get checked in (which is outside I might add) and then came the nightmare. We stood in the security line from just before 2:00 until 4:30 most of which was outside in the sweltering heat. The line was enormous and rarely moved. We kept hearing our flight being called for boarding but knew they would just have to hold the plane since many of the other guests we knew were on our flight and were behind us. We thought this must just be some exception, however, when we asked about the long lines with airport employees, we found it apparently is this way every Saturday and they really did nothing help move it along. When we finally made it through security, we immediately hustled outside and the plane had already been boarded. They were missing 36 people so they went and found them in the security line and got them on the plane with about a 1/2 hour delay. No one had time to get any drinks or snacks before boarding so you better hope your seat is in the front of the plane or the cart will be sold out of food by the time they get to you. It was a long four hour flight. We found the situation at the airport to be the worst airport experience we have ever encountered and we travel to various destinations frequently. If you pick this resort, just recognize that your airport experience will likely be beyond ridiculous.

3  Thank JTZ04