Having stayed in Jamaica Sandals twice before, I was very much looking forward to our Antigua holiday. When we arrived our room was not ready, so we were advised to have some lunch and return in a little while.We arrived back at the Front Desk to find that the room we requested was not available and we were upgraded to a Portofino Suite on the mediteranean side, whilst this was all very nice, it was not the beach holiday accomadition we paid for, which was a Frangipani Patio WO accomodation on the beach, It was agreed that the said accomadition would be available the following Wednesday if we would'nt mind staying in Portofino for a couple of days so were happy, but when wednesday came we were told it was not available.
After some consultations with Hotel management and staff we were assured that we would then be moved the following Saturday, which duly happened and we enjoyed the rest of our holiday which was for 2 weeks.The management and staff swiftly corrected the situation and we commend the professional, personal way in which this was carried out.My other gripe is that all sun loungers seem to have towels placed on them as early as 4AM in the morning, which I actually witnessed one early morning when I got up to go to the bathroom, and had a look outside at the sea, to see one of our neighbours appear with his towels and other belongings and reserved his loungers, which most people did. I find this most unfair and would ask Sandals Management to look into this, as there are signs stating not to reserve loungers around the pool areas.Antigua is beautiful and we intend to return later this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish