Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Antigua Village(St. John's)
Excellent 5/5
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
    Great 4.5/5
    • Restaurant
    Very Good 4/5
    Coconut Beach Club(St. John's)
    • Breakfast included
    7,055 results
    All reviewsok corralbutler servicecaribbean sidedrunken duckmediterranean villagemain poolsushi barbayside restaurantcafe de parisred lane spaclub levelcaribbean groveswim up barour honeymoonmediterranean poolpiano barbutler suite
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed on the Mediterranean side in a butler suite. Both Shaunte' and Charmaine provided excellent service and seemed to anticipate our needs. The beach and water are great. We toured the island with John, World boss Taxi Service. John was hospitable, entertaining, and fun as he took us all over the island and provided us some history of the island. We also took a helicopter tour of Montserrat, which we highly recommend. It was an all around wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view on higher floors
    • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So I just want to start off by saying I was a little nervous about heading to Sandals Antigua after reading the reviews, however, we are still on our trip and I have to say, Don’t believe everything you read! Antigua is amazing! We’ve been to St. Lucia, Royal Bahamian, and Exuma. We had loved all of them for different reasons, but this property has been outstanding for these reasons. First of all, check in was a breeze. 20 min from airport, cool towels and drinks upon arrival. Our room wasn’t quite ready but had lunch on the beach and up we went afterwards. Pack a carry on with a suit and coverup in the event you may have to wait! We are staying on the Mediterranean side in the highest room category which is 7. This is our first time using butler service which in the past we feel we haven’t needed, but I must admit it’s pretty spectacular. A huge shout out to our Butlers Chante, Charmaine and Darren who have gone above and beyond making our trip so special. Everything from snacks in our room at the end of the day, a beautiful flower drawn bath waiting for us in our room, to finding gluten free crackers for me to munch on! They are frequently checking in to see what we need but are not obtrusive. They couldn’t be more helpful or lovely, so we completely thank them for adding all the special touches.
    The sunsets at this property are endless. Having the higher room category makes this even more enjoyable, however I heard today the red beach front houses,second floor rooms 711 and 714 are in high demand and also have great views of sunset. I totally suggest staying at the Mediterranean side. It’s newer and near the big pool. I read people thought music was too loud but I didn’t find that to be the case at all!!! Restaurants are more in the Caribbean village but unless you have difficulty walking It’s a nice stroll before dinner. The beach here is gorgeous. Yes there are vendors, but quite friendly, and you just say no thank you and they are fine. It’s no big deal. We love the pool but prefer the ocean. The people here are lovely. If you are polite and appreciative they are the same. Food is pretty good here. Like all Sandals we feel this could use improvement,but we seriously don’t come here for the food. I have been recently diagnosed with a wheat allergy and they have been very accommodating so they are really trying and I find that a huge plus.
    We went on the 360 tour yesterday through island routes. Highly recommend it. Beautiful tour of all the bays, snorkeling and lunch on the boat. Crew was awesome and I highly suggest it. Entertainment has been quite good. I would recommend a more extensive piano bar list fo singers. I’m a professional singer so I understand people like their standard songs, but most people can’t sing in the range of the songs I saw and so it’s less enjoyable. As for room improvements I would just mention brighter lighting in the bathrooms. It’s tough getting ready in a dim light, even the makeup mirrors are too dim, but a nice feature. All in all, Antigua is beautiful, people amazing, and this property is relaxing and fun! You can’t go wrong here. We are surely coming back and so will you!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank Jen H
    Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have just returned from our second holiday at this resort. The location and grounds are breathtaking. The staff are wonderful and there is a feeling of being at Sandals 'with them' and enjoying your holiday alongside them. The food is good, particularly Bayside, Barefoot and Mario's. I don't really rate Eleanor's although it is good for breakfast.

My gripes are 1) a Caribbean poolside room does not mean you have a view of the pool I was told. But if a room is described as poolside it should surely be beside the pool in which case you would expect to be able to see it. 2) Sunbeds with shade are impossible to get unless you are there well before 6am. I gave up and didn't get to sit on the beach during an 11 day stay. 3) Please invest in a better sound system at the Mediterranean pool. I loved the music but the talking during the games / entertainment was just an annoying inaudible mumble and at this point we usually relocated to a quieter area.

For the above reasons, particularly the sun bed situation, I will return to Antigua but probably not to Sandals.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
    6  Thank Carbib
    Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed early March and this was our second Sandals experience, the first being Barbados. This time we had booked a Med one bed villa with pool and hot tub and with views of the Caribbean from our patio which was very imoortant to me. On arrival at Sandals we were met by our lovely butler and taken to our one bed villa. We’d had a long day traveling and it wasn't until the nxt morning when I looked out from our patio that I realised we had no sea view. A quick trip to the Sandals onsite office and the butlers moved us the nxt day to what we think has to be the best location on the Sandals vast complex, villa #911. Complete with our own splash pool and hot tub and yes sounds and view of the beautiful Caribbean sea all from our own patio....I was in heaven! The two butlers between them took care of everything even checking with the jeep rental company that we had previously made our 4 day rental with that all was in order to deliver and pick up from the hotel. We made sure our sun beds were only reserved on the days we needed them and that our sunbeds were cleared and made avail for other guests once we had vacated them. We enjoyed Marios for breakfast and Barefoot for their lobster for a relaxing evening meal. A couple of negatives as to why I haven't rated SGA full marks. One was the food trays from the afternoon snacks that we would find in our room were not cleared away despite leaving them (empty ha!) outside our villa and so before we went to bed I would bring them back inside, and not sure why the turndown staff didn't remove them but perhaps it wasn't their job. The second negative was the room. Although ours was the most requested villa out of the 11 one bed villas, and yes we paid top $$$ for this villa so expected the standard of furniture to be in good condition. Infact one bedside draw wouldn't close and one closet door handle was hanging off and the floor of the whole villa needed a good steam clean and not just a vacuum. We brought it to the attention of the butlers that this was not a 5* villa standard and that we wanted the few issues corrected not just for us but for the next guests occupying that villa. Issues all resolved the next day and makes having a butler so easy...wouldn’t mind a butler at home as well We didn’t rebook as this particular villa # cannot be booked just requested and to be honest if I can’t see, hear and smell the Caribbean sea from my patio then I could be anywhere so will have to think about another Sandals. One other negative was the dreadfully loud music from the pool and the silly games....could have been Butlins or a kids club instead of an adult couples 5* resort. It would have been nice to have heard some local Caribbean music in the background. Thankfully the days we drove around the beautiful island reminded us we were actually in the Caribbean and it was so nice meeting the locals and hearing their music. All in all, certainly not a 5* resort...perhaps a generous 4.

Room Tip: Mediterranean side was the best imo and villa #911!
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Robyn608
    Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I chose Sandals Antigua to do a re-tie the knot ceremony. We got married only 5 days before our re-tie the knot ceremony and had loads of trouble communicating with Sandals before we arrived.
    Once we arrived we had a wedding co-ordinator quickly go through our options for the ceremony location, (we chose the garden gazebo), our flowers etc. We then met Cassandra in the wedding team to finish off the arrangements. Cassandra was wonderful, she spent extra time and gave us loads of additional options. Our evening meal couldn’t be on the beach (Sandals offer a candle-lit dinner) as the beach was being re-built with a bulldozer and most of the restaurants were shut as it was BBQ night. Instead she arranged for the Barefoot gazebo to be decorated with drapes, and we paid extra for a themed table decorations. We were so impressed with Cassandra we asked if she would be our co-ordinator instead.
    On the day of the ceremony Cassandra was exceptional, everything ran smoothly, my rose bouquet was perfect. The minister was a larger than life Caribbean minister, who was so passionate about marriage he carried out a traditional wedding ceremony as we had only recently been married. We thought he was perfect and good fun.
    I was a bit worried that Sandals might seem a little bit manufactured or corporate as a wedding venue, I could not have been more wrong. Cassandra ensured our day was romantic and personal. Everything ran smoothly and effortlessly. I smiled the whole day! The gluten-free wedding cake was delicious and we shamelessly ate it with champagne for breakfast the next morning!
    The evening dinner was exceptional. I highly recommend the gazebo dinner and pay extra for personalised decorations! It’s worth it. I attach some photos. The on-site photographer took amazing photos of us having dinner and all our friends were impressed (its better than dinner on a public beach, more romantic).
    Shenel served us for dinner and she did a great job.
    We personally thanked Cassandra and her manager Irose for making our day incredibly special and unforgettable!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple