“Highly recommend! Abe gave us an outstanding tour!”

Honest Abe First Class Tours
Ranked #31 of 45 Tours in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: A Tour and Taxi service based in St. John's Antigua, ready to take visitors on interesting tours around the country, seeing the interesting locations that abound on Antigua, and also the opportunity to visit some of the wonderful beaches.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First, Abe's vehicle is one of the best maintained, cleanest tour vans I have seen in the islands. He obviously takes pride in it and keeps it in top condition and running well with strong Air Conditioning.

Second, he himself is friendly, engaging, and very proud to show off his island and tell you all about it. The tour was educational, enjoyable, and well done. We were able to take all the time we wanted at each stop, and there was no doubt he would have us back at the cruise ship on time.

There was a cooler full of cold drinks waiting for us when we got thirsty, some snacks in the van if we got hungry, and I have to say that Abe makes the BEST rum punch I have ever had!!! It was homemade and absolutely awesome!

If we find our way back to Antigua, we will definitely call Abe to show us around again, you cannot go wrong doing the same.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"antigua"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We went with Abe on the island tour of Antigua for 20$ pp based on a group of 4. He was extremely knowledgable and passionate about the island and provided an excellent commentary as he drove. We felt very safe with Ade as an ex-policeman and he gave some very down to earth views on life and culture. we visited falmout harbour and Nelson dockyard areas, picked up local fruit in the rain forest area and then dropped us at Annes beach near sandalsl resort which is the nicest beach I have ever seen. He returned to collect us on time and was a total professional throughout. Excellent tour guide.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Abe is a lovely, happy guy who is passionate about the island and will fill your head with facts and information better than any book could. He provides a light-hearted tour full of fun and jokes and also provides refreshments. You are encouraged to ask questions and he will talk about anything you want. There was my wife and I and a party of 3 other ladies on our small intimate tour and Abe took us to to see sites such as Shirley Heights and Nelsons Dockyard. The final stop is to spend time at one of the local beaches which was a nice relaxing way to finish.
We did this tour as part of our cruise and Abe made sure that we were back at our ship in plenty of time without scrimping on the time we had around the attractions.
All in all Abe gives you a brilliant tour but beware.......his jokes are terrible!!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My wife and I were coming for a vacation to Antigua and I was looking for a private transfer from the airport. I hunted through and came across Abe and emailed him, He was very quick with his response.
Abe was at the airport and was very friendly and informative.

We also booked an island tour ending at Shirley Heights, Abe was bang on time and very very good and full of information of his lovely island we had a cooler with drinks in and also stopped off for some lovely fresh fruit.

We had Abe take us back to the airport on our way home, again prompt and as good as ever.

I would recommend Abe for transfers or an island tour.

Many Thanks Abe.

Tim and Sarah

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2016

This was our first cruise. My girlfriend had thought that American Express would be gladly received everywhere. Turns out, not so much. So we burned through our cash pretty quick. By the time we got to Antigua, our reserves were low. When we got off the ship, we thought we would just walk around town. Let me tell you, the taxi drivers are very excited to get you in their cabs or buses. I get it, when the boats are gone, the town is slow. But we had a budget, and had to abide by it. Abe greeted us, and I had told him we had a max amount that we could pay, and still grab lunch somewhere. He agreed, and the adventure began! He is very knowledgeable about the island. His mini bus was very clean, and you could tell he has pride in both his vehicle, and his service. He drove us all over town. Then off to another small town that is an amazing port filled with high end yachts. Breathtaking! Then we drove to the other side of the island to a beautiful white sandy beach., Restaurant and bar. Just what we needed. He sat in the car, and waited for us to eat, have a beverage, and then walk down the beach. He is a proud family man, and he told us all about them. He is a super well rounded guy! I highly recommend this tour for anybody coming to the island! Thanks Abe, you really made our day! Jerry and Lisa from California