My husband and I stayed here over Christmas and absolutely loved it! We ended up getting it at a phenominal price and could not resist. When we arrived we were told our room was one of the furthest from all the amenities, about which we were not pleased, but ended up loving our location. We stepped out our door and the beach was right there. It was amazing! It was away from all the noise and crowds and everything. We loved sitting out on our patio at all times of day.
Our favorite bar was the Bunker bar where we sat to watch the sunsets. The other bars were great too, but this oneis right on the beach on stilts. Very islandy..
We found the food at the buffet exceptionally good, and my husband is a picky eater. We booked a couple a la cartes, but never went as we enjoyed the buffet with no timeline when we had to eat. The snack bar by the pool had excellent choices for luch or snacks. Their chicken fingers and fries were awesome.
The beach is absolutely gorgeous, but we wore our water shoes in because there were pieces of coral, and a bit of seaweed in spots. Loved it nevertheless. It is beautiful!
We didn't do any of the tours, but hired a taxi (Rudolph was our driver, great name for a Christmas vacation) and asked him to take us to spots around the island. We wanted to go to the California Lighthouse, and the natural bridge. He ended up taking us to a rock lookout and a small church in the middle of nowhere, and did not charge us for the extra time it took to see these. He was great, he gave us lots of info on the island and the places we visited. We tipped him well.
Downtown Oranjestad is very pretty and we enjoyed going there also in a taxi. One huge mall is all high end merchandise and very expensive, but fun to look at. We shopped at the other stores and the market while we were there.
All in all it was a fantastic trip at a fantastic resort and would not hestitate to recommend it and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel