At best an average show. The service in resteraunt is so bad you need the whole show to eat. The singer was just ok nothing like omg. More
At best an average show. The service in resteraunt is so bad you need the whole show to eat. The singer was just ok nothing like omg. MoreShow less
Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are very sorry you found the show at best an average show, the service in the restaurant so bad, you need the whole show to eat and the singer just ok.
Although we are doing our utmost best to make the evening at least enjoyable and awesome at most, for most of our guests this seems to be the case, unfortunately we are not able satisfy to all our visitors and every group is different.
The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal.
Thank you very much for your recommendation for Frank Sinatra lovers.
We hope you will give it another try in the future, while we will work on improvements of our show and service.
Fred de Jong
There are a few things that bothered me about this dinner show.
1. We did not know there would be an additional $15.00 charge by the performer. That took us by surprise when he brought over his charge card machine.
2. I feel he should sing more songs that people (under 65) would be familiar with.
3. The audience should give him their attention and stop speaking through his performance. I found that to be rude.
There was humor in one of his songs that gained the attention of the audience and made it a more enjoyable show.
The food was good, not great, but that's ok. When you are enduring hurricane Matthew and all the outdoor restaurants are closed, you are happy to have a place to eat and be entertained.
The audience should be over 65 to really enjoy this.
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your review and opinion. We are very sorry there were a few things that bothered you.
1. We did more than 250 shows over almost 5 years and you are one of a hand full of parties that are surprised by our entrance price for the show. We try to inform our guests as good as possible in advance, but because that evening many restaurants were closed you seemed to have landed in our special show room. By the way, it is possible to be seated outside the showroom indoors and outdoors without attending the show.
2. You would be surprised the knowledge young people that attend our show have about Sinatra songs. And most people know in advance that they are attending a Sinatra Show.
3. We totally agree with you about this point. Most of our guests know how to behave during a performance, but we still get a few people at some shows, that speak too loud and like to hear themselves rather than the beautiful songs.
4. Although we are trying to include humor, we will try to pay more attention to this point in the future.
Thank you very much for your recommendation for people over 65, but again young people are more conscious about this beautiful music than you might expect.
Fred de Jong
I highly recommended
Its a delightful show that you sure enjoy
Fred (Sinatra) is a beautiful person who interacts with you during the show.
Dear Valued Guest,
I am happy to read that you found the show delightful and you enjoyed my interaction with you during the show.
Thank you very much for highly recommending.
Fred de Jong
Great singer, person and host, great show!!!!
Abou the restaurant, think that they can do it better, maybe with more choices of foods and desserts
The Frank Sinatra dinner show at Aruba’ Old Cunucu House was a real treat for me and my spouse while on our honeymoon in Sept. 2016. The restaurant is a hidden gem in a residential neighborhood, but the experience – atmosphere, food, wait staff and, of course, the Sinatra music, is worth the small effort required to get to the Old Cunucu House.
Because it was low season during our trip, the audience for the dinner show was small (about seven people), but this did not put a damper on Fred de Jong’s spirits or his performance. Fred was enthusiastic and engaged the entire time – taking time to talk to us before the show began and the break, as well as at the end of the show. His stories were interesting, and it was fun to get to learn more about what brought him to Aruba.
Fred’s musicianship and performance were exceptional. His singing and his persona are very much in the style of Frank. His variety of music performed was also very good – ensuring that there was something for everybody.
We thoroughly enjoyed the dinner show – including the dinner! – and would definitely encourage any Frank fans who will be visiting Aruba to seek out this special show. You won’t be disappointed.
Romantic! My husband and I have been fans of Sinatra. We enjoyed dinner & the show. We liked the way Fred DeJong mingles with the audience during the show and he is personable! He puts his own twist and personality into singing Sinastra's music.If you like Sinatra this show is for you! Food was very good too. Fun evening .