“Sinatra His Way”

and up
Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience beautiful composed, orchestrated and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics sung by Fred de Jong. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching our Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant or ask for Dinner Special Menu. The show takes place every Thursday from 7:30 till 9:30 pm and the Show Ticket is only $15.00 per person (food and drinks not included). For children up to and including 11 years old the Show Ticket is only $7.50 (food and drinks not included). Enjoy an enchanting Sinatra Show featuring Fred de Jong with songs such as "Fly Me To The Moon", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "My Way", "New York - New York", "The Way You Look Tonight" and many more… What is an Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show experience like? The show is set at a traditional Aruba restaurant in a separate area with capacity for 40 people divided over about 15 tables. The food is native Aruba cuisine which has been influenced by colonial Spanish, French, and Dutch cuisine and is served in a 150 year old refurbished farm house. The dress is casual evening attire. The restaurants is old style where orders are taken on paper not computers. My goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me instead of a large impersonal Las Vegas style show room. I have selected beautiful and romantic arrangements that are pre-recorded. This gives the feel of a big band / an orchestra but allows me to offer the show at a much lower cost. I do not try to mimic the commercial recordings of Sinatra but instead offer my interpretation of Franks relaxed and informal live style. The show is about 2 hours which gives you time to order and enjoy your food and drinks during the show without arriving early. The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving. Come let me share it with you in a special evening off the strip.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 26, 2017

Aruba's best kept secret "The Frank Sinatra Show" at the Old Cunucu House.
Enjoyable show, great music and good Arubian food!! Fred de Jong is a MUST SEE!!

CC

"canucu"
"aruba"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed November 23, 2016

We had a great time. Fred, aka "Frank", was very warm and made us all feel comfortable. Fred gave some context to each song to help appreciate a style of music I can't say I typically listen too. We found the Old Cunucu House by accident. Enjoyed the Aruban cuisine and the show. Highly recommend you go on Thursday to catch Fred.

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your warm review.

We are very happy you had a great time and felt comfortable. Many people appreciate it to know a little more about the background of the songs, so I try do that without being too extensive. We are happy you found us by accident and enjoyed the food, drinks and the show.

Thank you so much for highly recommending us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2016

We enjoyed the show, we had a great group of Sinatra lovers so people sang along and danced a little. I though it was sweet. Obviously, no one compares to Sinatra but Fred just has a great time singing and really enjoyed interacting with the crowd. Not for the closed minded! Food Service was slow but the waiter and waitresses were so gracious. Michele C

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2016

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your comprehensible review and I think it is well said.

I am very happy to read you enjoyed the show.

This review and the one from Nov 7th, 2016 are from two (2) completely different groups/audiences. The group from this review had a large table and there were some other tables, so the focus was on fun, it was a little louder than average and for me a little more difficult to concentrate on the songs. The evening from the review from Nov 7th, was more a group of listeners, which made it easier for me to concentrate on the quality of the songs, although people also were dancing, singing along at times and having fun. I always say:"Almost everything is allowed (but not everything)."

Obviously, no one compares to Sinatra but, my goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving.

And again well said: "Not for the closed minded! Food Service is slow at times, but the waiter and waitresses are so gracious."

I hope to see you back again anytime soon in another unpredictable group or setting.

Comprehensible regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2016

This was a excellent one man show with music. There was dancing, people sang with Fred and it was a great evening. I highly recommend going.

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I am very happy that you found this an excellent one man show with music.

I always look forward to the group, because that makes each show unique and different and that evening like luckily many other evenings there was dancing, people sang with me and it was a great evening.

Thank you very much for you highly recommendation.

Thankful regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed October 31, 2016

We saw this show listed on several Aruba sites before we arrived in Aruba and were looking forward to a nice evening with Frank. Booked for 4 people $60 total plus dinner. Fred was very nice, but he can't sing Sinatra. There were only 12 people in the dining area( which could have held 40 guests ) where he was "singing" which made it very uncomfortable. We (4) left during one of his three or four breaks. Food was okay.
We have been vacationing in Aruba for 26 years and always looking for nice evening shows. We couldn't leave fast enough. Hope this helps some other vacationers. :(

1  Thank linda t
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review with opinion.

We are very sorry that you were looking forward to a nice evening with Frank and according to your opinion I can't sing Sinatra and that you were feeling uncomfortable, because there were only 12 people in the show.

If after a few songs our guests don't like the way I sing Sinatra, they can always ask for their money back and if desired be seated outside the showroom.

September - October is a very low season on Aruba, so it is possible that the groups are smaller in that time.

We only have one (1) or two (2) breaks during the 2 1/2 hour show...