Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$50.00
from US$15.00
from US$90.00
More Info
All reviews took pictures highlight of our trip palm beach jong performance fred canucu aruba
Reviewed July 21, 2018

Caught Fredde's show the other night and what and enjoyable evening. Prior to the show Fredde mingled with the audience talking about Frank Sinatra's life and asking for requests, which we gave a few. Fredde had Frank down pat and being a Sinatra fan thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed this show! Fred de Jong sounded just like Fran Sinatra. His show lasted about two hours. He started it with requests from guests. He was very personable and visited with every table. If you could sing and wanted to sing with him you could. You could also get pictures with him. He knew all the Sinatra songs!

The Old Canucu restaurant was really good also. Great food and service. I had the Arubian Stew and my husband had a Palm Beach seafood dish. Both were very tasty.

The Old Canucu is in walking distance of the high rises. From the low rises you can take the bus and get off at The Hard Rock Cafe. Walk towards McDonalds and Wendys and it is a few blocks.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

We go to the Aruba Sinatra Show every year with a big group and it is always the highlight of our trip! Fred greets us the minute we walk in and by the end of the night we are all up dancing to his fabulous tunes of Frank. Our favorite of course is New York! as we all join in a sing-a-long kick line with him!

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

We are looking forward to the next one.

Fred

Reviewed October 30, 2017

I was highly disappointed reading the other reviews I figured lets go but here we have a gentlemen from the Netherlands trying notice I said trying to sing Frank Sinatra songs I will say there was some times that he may sound just a little like him but we didn't even stay for the whole show there was 18 people there and when we left another 2 tables left leaving 5 people remaining. After reading other reviews I thought this would be a great thing to see. Don't wast your time The only photo i have is the dog laying on the floor inside the restaurant.

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were highly disappointed.

I am very happy to hear that you think I "may sound just a little like Frank Sinatra". In my opinion no one really does, but everyone sounds like him or herself and may be a little like someone else. My goal is just for my guests to experience beautiful composed, orchestrated and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics sung by Fred de Jong.

Sometimes people leave early, because a two hour show is quite long, but still many times the majority of our guests stay till the end.

Unfortunately your expectations didn't match with what you saw.

I hope you will try us again sometime with different expectations.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Fred is a nice guy, don't get me wrong. He's got the showmanship and the personality, but the singing...don't expect to hear Sinatra. I've listened to Sinatra recordings and he does not compare to his live or recorded performances. For the $15 charge per person, he really should have a live band as well. The current description claims it is to keep costs low, but it just sounds like karaoke.

1  Thank aruba383
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I was very pleasantly surprised by your visit, because we don't get much local visitors in the show and 95% of our guests are from USA and Canada. Thank you very much for your nice words about my showmanship and personality.

If our future guests would search on youtube (Fred de Jong Aruba) and watch some videos, they will be able to decide if they "like" or "dislike" what they see and hear, before attending the show.

I would love to work with a big-band, there is nothing better and we are not exactly sure how karaoke sounds, but to work with a live big-band is pretty expensive for a small island like Aruba and we would have to charge way more than the $15.00 per person. You can trust us that in the last five (5) years we didn't draw enough guests to be able to pay for a huge budget like that, so what would all those musicians have to earn? You need at least a 6 piece band, in order to be able to play this beautiful music live, but desirable is a 12 to 18 piece band. Also other productions/shows on Aruba in the past have been proven not to be sufficiently profitable, in order to continue for a long time.

I am very sorry for the charge, but we do have specials on-line sometimes, where you will get a nice discount on your $15.00.

Thank you for your review and we hope to be able to welcome you in the show again and you will try us again.

Musical regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Every time we go to Aruba we go to Aruba we have dinner at this restaurant but we never realized that there were any shows. We were very surprised at the quality of the performance and the showmanship that Fred exhibited. He has an excellent voice and was so friendly. He made a point to speak to each of his guests. At the end of the show he took pictures for everyone and he emailed them to us at no charge as a souvenir. We will definitely see his show again next time we are in Aruba. It was a wonderful and entertaining experience.

1  Thank Kathy P
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy you finally came to our show. It's great to read what you have to say about my performance, showmanship, voice and friendliness. I am looking forward to see you back next time.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

My husband and I went to the Frank Sinatra dinner show during our honeymoon last week and this was our most enjoyable night on the island of Aruba! Not only was Fred very pleasant and welcoming before the show, but he also performed our special requests at the beginning of the show. We loved his interpretation of Sinatra's music and how he performed every song with such passion and love. He even performed one of our favorite songs twice and we got up and danced!! Lastly, he took pictures with us and sent them to our email and gave us a brochure for us to cherish! We would highly recommend seeing the show whenever you visit Aruba! It was the highlight of our trip, and we truly enjoyed it!

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your great review about our Show during your honeymoon.

I am very happy to read that this was your most enjoyable night on the island of Aruba!

It is always a pleasure to welcome my guests and to perform their special requests and most of the time is is at the beginning of the show, because afterwards I put the playlist on shuffle, so every show is unique.

I am also very happy to read that you loved my interpretation of Sinatra's music and how I performed every song with such passion and love.

It was a great pleasure to see you dance and have fun.

As an extra service and souvenir I take photos from the guests together with me and sent them along with a brochure and a "thank you" to their email free of charge.

Thank you very much for your high recommendation.

Reviewed May 3, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised on how entertaining this one man show was. It may be hard to find playing on the island but is worth the hunt. Dinner shows at the Old Canucu house or casino downtown worth the trip

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

We went to dinner show it was very nice experience very nicely done. Fred DeJong is very personable and food was excellent. Would go again

Reviewed March 6, 2017

We had a fabulous time listening to "old blue eyes" at the old house in Aruba recently! The show was really fun and there is space for dancing between courses which Fred loves to see people do! If you come to Aruba, you owe it to yourselves and the people on the island not to go to all of the chain restaurants or big hotels, but to see some of the history and interact with the delightful local population. This show is a great example of the talent on the island and the warmth and creativity of the Aruban people and it is also a fun and romantic night out! For anyone looking for a rehearsal dinner entertainment or wedding singer, you should consider Aruba Sinatra!

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

What a delight to read your review. Thank you for being a great press agent here on Tripadvisor.

I am looking forward to welcome you back into the show anytime soon.

Musical regards,