“Save your time and money”

Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
Book In Advance
More Info
US$15.00*
and up
Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience beautiful composed, orchestrated and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics sung by Fred de Jong. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching our Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant or ask for Dinner Special Menu. The show takes place every Thursday from 7:30 till 9:30 pm and the Show Ticket is only $15.00 per person (food and drinks not included). For children up to and including 11 years old the Show Ticket is only $7.50 (food and drinks not included). Enjoy an enchanting Sinatra Show featuring Fred de Jong with songs such as "Fly Me To The Moon", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "My Way", "New York - New York", "The Way You Look Tonight" and many more… What is an Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show experience like? The show is set at a traditional Aruba restaurant in a separate area with capacity for 40 people divided over about 15 tables. The food is native Aruba cuisine which has been influenced by colonial Spanish, French, and Dutch cuisine and is served in a 150 year old refurbished farm house. The dress is casual evening attire. The restaurants is old style where orders are taken on paper not computers. My goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me instead of a large impersonal Las Vegas style show room. I have selected beautiful and romantic arrangements that are pre-recorded. This gives the feel of a big band / an orchestra but allows me to offer the show at a much lower cost. I do not try to mimic the commercial recordings of Sinatra but instead offer my interpretation of Franks relaxed and informal live style. The show is about 2 hours which gives you time to order and enjoy your food and drinks during the show without arriving early. The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving. Come let me share it with you in a special evening off the strip.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Fred is a nice guy, don't get me wrong. He's got the showmanship and the personality, but the singing...don't expect to hear Sinatra. I've listened to Sinatra recordings and he does not compare to his live or recorded performances. For the $15 charge per person, he really should have a live band as well. The current description claims it is to keep costs low, but it just sounds like karaoke.

1  Thank aruba383
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I was very pleasantly surprised by your visit, because we don't get much local visitors in the show and 95% of our guests are from USA and Canada. Thank you very much for your nice words about my showmanship and personality.

If our future guests would search on youtube (Fred de Jong Aruba) and watch some videos, they will be able to decide if they "like" or "dislike" what they see and hear, before attending the show.

I would love to work with a big-band, there is nothing better and we are not exactly sure how karaoke sounds, but to work with a live big-band is pretty expensive for a small island like Aruba and we would have to charge way more than the $15.00 per person. You can trust us that in the last five (5) years we didn't draw enough guests to be able to pay for a huge budget like that, so what would all those musicians have to earn? You need at least a 6 piece band, in order to be able to play this beautiful music live, but desirable is a 12 to 18 piece band. Also other productions/shows on Aruba in the past have been proven not to be sufficiently profitable, in order to continue for a long time.

I am very sorry for the charge, but we do have specials on-line sometimes, where you will get a nice discount on your $15.00.

Thank you for your review and we hope to be able to welcome you in the show again and you will try us again.

Musical regards,

in 90 reviews
"interact"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Every time we go to Aruba we go to Aruba we have dinner at this restaurant but we never realized that there were any shows. We were very surprised at the quality of the performance and the showmanship that Fred exhibited. He has an excellent voice and was so friendly. He made a point to speak to each of his guests. At the end of the show he took pictures for everyone and he emailed them to us at no charge as a souvenir. We will definitely see his show again next time we are in Aruba. It was a wonderful and entertaining experience.

1  Thank Kathy P
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy you finally came to our show. It's great to read what you have to say about my performance, showmanship, voice and friendliness. I am looking forward to see you back next time.

Thankful regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2017

My husband and I went to the Frank Sinatra dinner show during our honeymoon last week and this was our most enjoyable night on the island of Aruba! Not only was Fred very pleasant and welcoming before the show, but he also performed our special requests at the beginning of the show. We loved his interpretation of Sinatra's music and how he performed every song with such passion and love. He even performed one of our favorite songs twice and we got up and danced!! Lastly, he took pictures with us and sent them to our email and gave us a brochure for us to cherish! We would highly recommend seeing the show whenever you visit Aruba! It was the highlight of our trip, and we truly enjoyed it!

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your great review about our Show during your honeymoon.

I am very happy to read that this was your most enjoyable night on the island of Aruba!

It is always a pleasure to welcome my guests and to perform their special requests and most of the time is is at the beginning of the show, because afterwards I put the playlist on shuffle, so every show is unique.

I am also very happy to read that you loved my interpretation of Sinatra's music and how I performed every song with such passion and love.

It was a great pleasure to see you dance and have fun.

As an extra service and souvenir I take photos from the guests together with me and sent them along with a brochure and a "thank you" to their email free of charge.

Thank you very much for your high recommendation.

Thankful regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised on how entertaining this one man show was. It may be hard to find playing on the island but is worth the hunt. Dinner shows at the Old Canucu house or casino downtown worth the trip