1,705 results
All reviews dunkin donuts bell captain toaster oven pizza bobs waterfall pool short walk to eagle beach grocery store full kitchen living room pools were clean swim up bar super foods flat screen bus stop palm beach area happy hour beach towels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me start by saying that i'm a regular visitor to Aruba. Traveling there for 30 years and having stayed at the Tropicana a dozen or so times. I've written positive reviews about the Tropicana in the past. So I must keep it real when I have a bad experience. I was there for 3 weeks last month. The first room they put me in was horrible. The kitchen counter was stained from food and drinks that hadn't been wiped up. Furniture was dirty and stained. Long strands of hair on the floor in the bathroom and bedroom as well as on the towels in the shower. Honestly though that wasn't the worst of it. Their were these insects that were everywhere to the extent you couldn't leave a plate of food on the counter top. I did for maybe 5 minutes and came back to find several of them attacking the sandwich that I made. They were also in my bed. While using my laptop in bed in the evening I could see them crawling across it.

I reached out to management via email and disappointingly was ignored. On day 3 I finally was moved to a room that had no insects or hair on the floor or towels but the furniture was still dirty and stained. I decided to deal with it. The house keeper was excellent in my second room which was 1516. I can tell she takes pride in her job and I let her know daily how much I appreciated it. Whoever cleaned the first room I was in(3534) did a horrible job. I can go on about other things but you get my point, Let me end with saying that just because some people are willing to deal with those type of conditions doesn't make it right. People pay their hard earned money to enjoy their vacations and really shouldn't have to deal with these kind of things. If management took the time to get back to me while I was there I wouldn't have needed to post this.

Room Tip: If you can request a RENOVATED room. From my experiences the non renovated rooms are in so so shape at best.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is a great alternative to the expensive high rises & only steps to the beach through the La Cabana. There are 2 beautiful pools which are kept very clean, One with a water fall & the other has an enormous slide. All the comforts of home to make a nice meal, there is a a grocery store nearby & a nice kitchen or Barbecue to cook. I would have given this place a better review but the Only Downside was when there are many Venezuelans come there for some reason, because they get a ferry from their Island, it is only 15 miles away,- They come there & are very Rude & loud, & their children seem to run a muck & ruin the safe feeling atmosphere.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank silkstockings226
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was great coming and going i rate it 4 stars Mr Pablo Hoyos was especially helpful in get us cabs to various places also Erica helped in booking trips around the island I had a great time I will be back

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the Tropicana end of October into Nov for 4 nights. I had an upgraded 1 bedroom unit with full kitchen. We rented a car and the hotel was VERY hard to find. I would recommend using the hotel shuttle instead and taxis for your stay unless you know the area well. The food in casino was horrible. We had breakfast at outside place which was ok but difficult to enjoy due to all the flies. (Flies were at other places as well not sure why but very prominent here). Our room also had a funny smell, kind of like curry i cant put my finger on it, but unpacking the few unwashed items of clothing i had i could smell it. Use of washer dryer was easy and quite convenient. 2 nice clean pools and nice swim up bar. Resort overall is quiet n boring if looking 4 a cheap vac with no activities and just want to sit by pool and cook in room or at the bbq areas then this is fine (pack fabreze). The resort la cabana across lot was super nice with live music and events daily. Better choice for kids. Grocery store across the street for basics but very expensive. The walk to beach was no big deal or major inconvenience. Overall i would not stay here again but it wasnt horrible. They tried to get us to listen to timeshare pitch everyday but theres no way Id waste even 1 minute of my time as I wouldnt go back. Theres a baskin robbins/dunkin donuts on premise which is great.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

great experience and overall beautiful place to stay. would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to travel and stay in Aruba. the staff was friendly and the resort was clean and relaxing. keep up the great work!!!

Stayed: December 2017