We just recently stayed in the Oceania residences for our second time in two years (first in late march last year then again in late Feb/early March this year). Both times we stayed in Eagle 323 - a studio. As far as the studio itself, it is very serviceable. This is not high luxury, but is very suitable for a couple looking for a reasonably nice clean place to stay.
With regards to our unit, the kitchenette is good for coffee, toast, eggs and sandwiches, but not for much more than that (no oven - just stovetop and microwave). The TV was pretty old. That said, are you really here to cook (or watch TV for that matter)? Where this unit (and, I believe Oceania generally) excels is:
- location - right across the main road from Eagle beach, the views from our balcony were just gorgeous
- facilities - the grounds are very well kept. The pools are great, and rarely if ever crowded.
I had the most relaxing vacation I ever had this last trip to Aruba, and most of it was spent on my balcony or at the pool - for these activities, I could not have done any better than Oceania. The value is quite extraordinary - a little south of $250 a night for our last visit, far less than you'd pay for a quiet similarly situated unit with these kinds of views elsewhere (if you could even find such a thing).
I'm sure we will be back when we can be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This listing is only for the units that are managed and operated by Prestige Realty, Inc. The Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Condominium Resort is a new, and currently the only, BEACHFRONT residential condominium resort in Aruba. It is located along the Eagle Beach within the high-activity resort and hotel strip of the island. Each unit at this resort is individually owned and operated. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Resort By Prestige Aruba