“A fantastic option for your holiday in Aruba”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Resort by Prestige
Reviewed 14 March 2011

We just recently stayed in the Oceania residences for our second time in two years (first in late march last year then again in late Feb/early March this year). Both times we stayed in Eagle 323 - a studio. As far as the studio itself, it is very serviceable. This is not high luxury, but is very suitable for a couple looking for a reasonably nice clean place to stay.

With regards to our unit, the kitchenette is good for coffee, toast, eggs and sandwiches, but not for much more than that (no oven - just stovetop and microwave). The TV was pretty old. That said, are you really here to cook (or watch TV for that matter)? Where this unit (and, I believe Oceania generally) excels is:

- location - right across the main road from Eagle beach, the views from our balcony were just gorgeous
- facilities - the grounds are very well kept. The pools are great, and rarely if ever crowded.

I had the most relaxing vacation I ever had this last trip to Aruba, and most of it was spent on my balcony or at the pool - for these activities, I could not have done any better than Oceania. The value is quite extraordinary - a little south of $250 a night for our last visit, far less than you'd pay for a quiet similarly situated unit with these kinds of views elsewhere (if you could even find such a thing).

I'm sure we will be back when we can be.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark_in_Mass

Reviewed 8 March 2011

We just returned from a February 27 - March 6, 2011, stay at VRBO # 182997, 415 Palm Building at Oceania on Eagle Beach in Aruba. It is a beautiful and convenient complex where we had rented a condo from a private owner through VRBO before.
This rental P415 is advertised as “Beachfront Premium Two Bedroom Condo with Panoramic Ocean Viesws,” and it is true that the location is beautiful beachfront. The Oceania complex has three huge pools, meticulously maintained grounds, and excellent security. The condo itself has very good furniture, lots of hot water for showers, and a wonderful fourth floor balcony. But once you get beyond these accruements, the condo is sparsely furnished, certainly not what we would consider to be Premium as the writeup states.
When we arrived and were being shown the condo by Shamira, a representative of Prestige Reality who handles the condo rentals, my husband noticed that there were no beach chairs to carry across to the ocean! Okay, Shamira said someone would drop off a couple chairs in the morning. After she left, we couldn’t find any beach towels either. What, you say,… a condo on the best beach in Aruba with no chairs and beach towels? So, I called the real estate agency, and everyone seemed amazed that the towels were not there. Apparently, we were expected to use a set of ragged burgundy bath towels (that did have hand towels and wash clothes) at the pool and beach according to Alan Riley who came the next day (well after 11). When Alan arrived, he went to find us some beach chairs, and I got tired of waiting for him to return (it was now close to noon) so when I went back up to the condo later, two beach chairs and a bag of very well used beach towels were placed in the condo. These were lovely beach chairs, the type one would want on his back porch, but not lightweight ones that I could carry to the beach. So, we spent most of our time at the pool using the complex’s chairs and walking over to the beach to swim and return.
Other annoying problems with this condo abound. The Internet provider, Setar, which is advertised to renters “free of charge,” is inaccessible most of the time. We were advised by Alan Riley to try to sign on to another unit’s wi-fi or to go down to the business center to use the Internet. Really? I did call Setar once and did get connected, but that was the only time it worked for me, and that call took at least 15 minutes. I was able to connect to other unit’s wi-fi periodically.
The kitchen is very sparsely furnished as well. Paper products were very scarce, to say the least. We had to buy paper towels, napkins, garbage bags, kleenx, catsup, mustard, toilet paper, etc… Very little was provided. There were three teaspoons and two serving spoons, an antiquated toaster, and very little of everything. Good luck cooking for a family there. There were only three of us so at least we all had spoons.
There were also NO blankets for the beds at all. We were not about to use a bedspread that probably hasn’t been washed in ages as a blanket, so I slept in my sweat suit all week. With the air conditioning set at 73 degrees, it is cool at night but too hot to go without.
We also arrived a full day late due to United Airlines canceling our connecting flight, and no mention was made of a partial refund or a possible break on a future rental. So, we lost $450 for the February 26 night we couldn’t be there with no mention of our loss from Prestige Reality. This has never happened to us when renting from individuals on VRBO before.
Also, no one from Prestige Reality bothered with us all week. No one called to see if things were going well or if we needed anything. Yes, we could have called again, but when renting such a property, we felt we shouldn’t have to.
So, rent another unit in Oceania from an individual on VRBO, and you will be a happier group. This condo is beautiful, but there are many small oversights that add up to a mediocre place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SueLovesTheBeach
prestigeplanner, Manager at Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Resort by Prestige, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2011

Thank you for this extensive review of your experience of staying in one of our units, and rest assured that your points are well taken as part of our commitment to constantly improve the services that we provide to our guests. Prestige Realty has grown from managing 1 condo since late 2007 up to more than 25 condos in the Oceania resort as of the moment of this review. This relatively fast growth is a result of the professional and customer oriented service that we provide to guests and condo owners alike; the hundreds of guest reviews (e.g. many on the other TripAdvisor's Oceania Residences page as well as on other websites) can also attest for that. By this means we therefore sincerely apologize if you feel that our services did not measure up to your expectations. This particular condo is undoubtedly one of the nicest furnished units within our listings and of the entire complex, as you too have so well described. In response to the “small oversights” that you have encountered, we can inform you as follows: 1. We have taken all necessary measures to avoid that certain items like beach chairs are misplaced by previous guests. 2. Kitchen utensil stock and linen of this unit has since been brought back up to par with the standard of the unit, as when it was first made available to guests (utensils do tend to break or get ‘lost’ sometimes). 3. The condo owner’s choice of very high-quality portable beach chairs for this premium condo is very much appreciated by all previous guests and was never before an issue; lower-cost beach chairs break more easily and aren't so comfortable on the beach. 4. Setar is the major internet service provider on the island, including for all units at Oceania and unfortunately the internet service can fail sometimes; this is however a service that is beyond our control. 5. We provide to our guest a calculated amount of paper towels, toilet paper and garbage bags, and upon request of our guest we also replenish these free of charge from our on-site stock (which is the only on-site stock at Oceania!); the other mentioned guest consumption items are not provided by us but are sometimes left behind by previous guests, which we of course do not replenish. In general, after check-in we try to contact our guests at least once during the early part of their stay, and not to bother our guests with calls every day, whereas we remain available 24/7 to be called by our guests for any possible oversight; we lament that you have opted not to take advantage of this opportunity, as we could have easily and quickly resolved all the mentioned 'minor things' to further improve your vacation experience of staying in this premium condo on the wonderful island of Aruba. Alan.

Reviewed 19 February 2011

We stayed at the Oceania in room P512. The condo was beautiful, the bedrooms and closets were spacious, and most importantly, the place was very clean. Even my mom, who is super OCD, didn't have any complaints about cleanliness. We all LOVED the showers, which were big, beautiful, and had great water pressure. The condo had a full kitchen including a microwave and dishwasher, which was key for us to be able to wash bottles and other baby stuff. We had four adults and my 11 month old son and the place was perfect for us. We got crib and high chair service and the crib was clean and looked new. The high chair was a Graco (brand new out of the box), along with linens for the crib. I don't know if that is typical but it was greatly appreciated. The view from the room's balcony and the roof was beautiful. We enjoyed drinking our morning coffee on the balcony while watching the sun rise each day. The pool was beautiful. It is the kind that you can walk into which was perfect for our son. He could touch the ground and walk into the water with us holding his hands. There were plenty of palapas umbrellas at the pool and at the beach across the street to have a shady place to escape the hot sun. The resort's location on Eagle Beach's low-rise section is perfect because the beach is quiet and peaceful, not like the crowded and noisy high-rise section. Perfect for rest and relaxation. I would highly recommend this for anyone, but especially families because they had all the amenities of home, along with everything you'd want in a carribean retreat.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank IslandGirlBoston_MA
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Prestige Rentals did an excellent job of knowing just what we wanted and giving us more than we expected. Rachel greeted us at the Condo and not only showed us how things worked, but also gave us good choices of where to go and what to see. Her suggestion of eating at "the old man and the sea" was wonderful. She answered all our questions with a smile and really was "eager to please." I'd stay again and again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
prestigeplanner, Manager at Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Resort by Prestige, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words and nice review. We at Prestige go beyond the necessary to help our guests, and I am pleased to see that we did make a difference in your stay! Thanks again, and see you next time in Aruba! Rachel.

Reviewed 27 December 2010

good
for starters. things in the pictures were just what we got. the place was clean and things seemed to be ok. a/c worked no problems with the frigerator. tv worked well in all places. nice flat screen tv's. the pools were cleaned every day. the people we encountered were nice enough. close to the ocean.clear view of the ocean from our unit.

bad
elevator was very small
wi-fi hardly ever worked.
hot tubs for all units were dirty and not working.
noise at night was constant from other guest at the grill. no quiet time line.

we were greeted by mark. he was very nice and helpful.
allen and rachel were great. checked in with us to see if everything was ok. they were great. very proffessional.

however if i had read the reviews prior to renting this unit. i would never have rented it.

unit 256 was great as described.

i would recommend this unit only. but recommend rachel and allen highly.
joe erschen
800-747-6501

however if i had read the reviews prior to selecting this resort i would no have stayed here.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank natasha3997
Reviewed 2 October 2010

REVIEW OF OCEANIA AMBER PENTHOUSE 512p 8/7 - 8/14: This is my review of my most recent trip to Aruba, we decided early on that this would be our greatest and probably most expensive trip ever. My family and i have been to Aruba twice before and rented timeshare weeks at La Cabana, we enjoyed these trips very much and at $550 a week its hard to beat La Cabana. When i started to plan this trip i thought i would try and go the extra mile this time, I viewed some fantastic penthouse apartments in Divi and Oceania and finally decided to try the AMBER PENTHOUSE @ OCEANIA. This turned out to be a huge disappointment, on the day we arrived we were met by a flunkie of the real estate management co. When booking this unit i dealt with the management co. owner(alan) or his assistant (rachel) and was told that one of them would be there when we checked in, that did not happen but the man who showed up was a nice enough fella but man he was in such a rush to get us in the apartment and get himself out!!! When we first walked in the heat was overwhelming but i figured maybe we were just worked up from the long trip and the hot and extremely tiny tiny elevator(more on that later). I was given some papers to look over and sign and then he was all but out the door when my wife asked him where the thermostat control was and that is when he really started to sweat, literally. The temp in the apartment was 89 degrees which was strange to me since they new what day and time i would arrive, when i questioned him about the temp he told me they have been having trouble withe ac unit on the roof and that two weeks ago when it was last rented they put some freon it the unit and just left it as is. He was nice enough to try and get in touch with someone to come take a look at it but in the mean time we looked around at the rest of the apartment and we were lucky enough to find out that freezer was broke and not producing ice, the hot tub was empty except for 3 inches of dirty rain water and the bbq grill was filthy!!!! At this point i send an email to the owner of the apartment in Maryland who was very proactive in contacting me frequently during our research phase before we chose his unit, i explained to him all our concerns with an emphasis on the heat we were stuck in. When i tell you that my email to him was pretty long with all the major and some minor issue's we were having, i was really DISAPPOINTED when his reply to my letter was " I'll pass it on " not I'm so sorry for this or that, not let me get on this right away and i will get right back to you. " I'LL PASS IT ON " I kid you not, that was on august, 7th and i still have not spoke with him since, this man who called me often when trying to get me booked! They never checked on us once, well this is how it ended up. 1. THE AC WAS FIXED ON MONDAY, WE HAD TO SPEND THAT NIGHT IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION. 2 THE FRIDGE WAS ALSO FIXED ON MONDAY BUT THEY HAD T GO UNDER THE SINK OPENING THE DISPOSAL AND THE SMELL WAS HORRIBLE (I WILL POST THE PICS). THE HOT TUB WAS READY TO USE SUNDAY.3 THE GRILL WAS NEVER CLEANED AT ALL, BUT REALLY DID NOT MATTER AS THEY HAVE ONLY 2 CHAIRS ON THE ROOF DECK AND WE WERE A PARTY OF FIVE. I would say that there are many better choices in Aruba and even in oceania (check-out 513P VRBO), maybe this was all just bad luck but that still does not excuse the way the OWNERS and PRESTIGE MANAGEMENT CO. handled this situation. I still have all email correspondence and pics from this fiasco if anyone needs to verify. I will do a separate review of the OCEANIA complex soon.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
20  Thank mpdjnr
prestigeplanner, Manager at Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Resort by Prestige, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

We regret to see that from the many hundreds of guests that have stayed at Oceania through our company during the past four years, that this guest is the first to post a fully negative review on one of the units managed by us. Fact of the matter is, there is always a possibility that an equipment of a vacation rental breaks down during the stay of a guest, no matter where your travel takes you in the world. It is the responsibility of property managers like myself to respond diligently and swiftly to correct any malfunction of equipment that may occur, and to minimize any discomfort for the guest. In this particular case, I was on vacation abroad when this guest was staying in Aruba, so other staff mebers of my property managment company handled the issue. It is however disappointing to see that in this review the very diligent response by my assistant director has been completely ignored, as she was immediately on top of things from the moment that the first call about an issue was made. We strive to excellence in our service to guests, and most guests do appreciate that fact. E.g., in this review it has not been mentioned that: (a) the malfunctioning a/c was immediately (within an hour) addressed by an a/c service company; (b) when the cause of the a/c problem was detected and noted that it will take some time to repair, the guest was offered to stay that night in another similar unit in the same building of the resort, which offer was accepted and thus the guest slept comfortably in a room with functioning a/c, and of course at no extra charge; (c) even though I was on vacation myself, I personally called the guest (a long distance call, and it wasn't a collect call!) from my vacation location abroad in which conversation was confirmed by the guest that all is being worked on; (d) soon after the guest's call concerning the ice-maker of the fridge in the unit, a bag of ice was delivered to him by our staff (free of charge of course!) and the ice-maker was fixed the next working day; (e) the BBQ-grill and the hot tub were cleaned respectively refreshed with water and chlorine tablets the same day; (f) and we also offered a compensation for any inconveniences, to the value of US$250, which the guest regretfully refused to accept. That said, during the remaining 5 or 6 nights of the guest's stay there were no issues reported, and thus I can conclude that the guest did enjoy this luxurious condo to its full extent for the rest of his stay.
Maintenance issues during a guest's stay must be handled customer oriented, with care, and with due diligence; this is also how we really felt it was handled and we sincerely regret to still see, for the first time in our 4 years of operation at Oceania resort, a guest dissapointed in the way he describes above.

Reviewed 1 September 2010

This is not a bad luck w/ just us. There are 2 families in few units - 315 and 316 - on vacation.

If you don't like cheap, poorly maintained, third world country motels, then don't come here, because that's exactly what it is despite a nice appearance on outside. One unit had sewage/ ac problem. All units are beyond dirty - dust everywhere. The last time the kitchen was cleaned probably when it was first built. Walls are not just scratched, they look like they never been painted. The AC unit works so loud that you feel like you are witnessing the launch of a space shuttle. Free Wi-Fi does not connect to internet - asked many people around - it's a scam.
And on and on it goes.
The building management company shut the water off for the whole day w/ no end in sight!
With so many options for accomodations, NEVER EVER come here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Trotsky999
prestigeplanner, Manager at Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Resort by Prestige, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

The units at Oceania resort are individually owned and operated. This listing is only for the units managed by Prestige Realty, Inc. which does not include the units 315 and 316. We regret to read the review of your dissappointing stay and hope you have a much better experience if you ever decide to return to Oceania resort; to stay in a unit that is better managed and operated!