“A little pricey, but worth it if you have the budget.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“A little pricey, but worth it if you have the budget.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Beautiful hotel, not too big. Staff was very friendly. Every convenience readily available. Great casino. Perfect for families. Easy walk to fun bars and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Camsdad11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here in September for our 5 year anniversary. The hotel is beautiful, the staff was so friendly, and willing to help. I have gone to Aruba in January and would not recommend it. It's too crowded, but in September it's perfect, so nice and quiet.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank princessjaimeee
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I found the Hyatt in Aruba one of the nicest hotels on the island. It was clean. Excellent location to everything. Very tropical feel to it. The ONLY thing I kept asking myself was "Why didn't they put a full balcony instead of that teaser?" Other then that I can't say enough. Would go back in a heartbeat! Weather was outstanding every single day. Being from NY it is such a treat to walk on sand without your feet burning! LOL!!! Water is so nice. A truly great vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy H
Wellesley, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I went to the Hyatt in early Nov 2011 and I was disappointed. My Mom stayed here many years ago and said it was lovely, and the reviews on Tripadvisor seemed to back that up but it really fell short. The overall disappointment lay in their service. We went for a baby moon and I was 6 months pregnant at the time. I couldn’t wait to just sit on the beach and relax. At check in we were told our room was not ready so I asked to change in spa or something (as suggested on Tripadvisor) they just told us no and said there was a bathroom near the beach. Changing your clothes in a bathroom stall at 6 months pregnant is not pretty.. oh well (strike one.) We checked at the cabanan for beach chairs and basically they were booked the whole time we were there. BUT I would still recommend this. If you don’t do it there is a stand slightly to the right of the hotels beach area who will rent you chairs and a umbrella for the exact same cost and he can put them anywhere (even in front of the hotels chairs.) So I would do this if I ever went back. We settled for this large cabana with full shade, not bad and you can drag your chair to sun but not exactly what we wanted. Then the service on the beach slow at best. The thing you have to say is the water is AMAZING! And that will not change. Water is warm and calm and I think I latterly stood in the water and swam around for 4-5 hours each day we were there. Our room was also a let down, we had booked a king but there was none available. So we ended up with two queens and the beds faced away from the ocean so our ocean view was of the neon signs of the strip mall across the street. We could go on the balcony and look to the left and see the ocean but when you book an ocean view room you don’t expect this. We had the breakfast included and the service there was a joke. Some of the waiters almost seemed like they were trying to be rude. We even tipped really well the first day to see what happened the 2nd day, not effect on them. Lastly both the beginning of our trip and end of our trip they had large conventions so the beach was always crowded. So even if you had a reserved spot they would put beach chair right next to you. One day we were there they shut the pool down at 4 to set up for a party for one of the groups, I felt so bad for all the families who were kicked out. Then they were stringing live electrical wires above the pool to set up for the band while my husband was still at the swim up bar… he asked the bartender if the cables were live and they guy just laughed!!! Are you kidding me!!! The beach staff yelled at me a couple of times for bringing my towels back 15 min late (they were still there cleaning) I had watched the sunset and I guess that is not allowed with your towels. The worst part came at the end when the 2nd group that came was an especially rowdy convention and the beach was chair next to chair with people yelling, smoking, playing their radios and parting. We were so grateful this was our last day. We saw some honeymooners whose cabana was locked in by the group and felt so bad.

The good- Aruba is amazing. I can’t wait for the Ritz to open in 2014. The Hyatt is clean and has one of the better locations on the island.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ccerio
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at the resort. While there were some positives comments in the posting, we want to use the constructive feedback regarding the beach, staff, cabanas, and the group at the resort to help us improve in the future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback.

Resort Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Great location, we had a fantastic time with everything that's needed located at the resort and great restaurants in the vicinity. The Hotel stay was very enjoyable and we loved it.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank PH9
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback of our beautiful Hyatt resort. We do hope to be able to serve you ones again in the near future.

Masha Danki on behalf of all the Hyatt Associates
Colonial Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is a very beautiful and recently remodeled property on Palm Beach. It is right at the beginning of the hotel district, and it is within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. When I arrived I found it odd that there was no one at the door to greet me, and I had to carry my own bags to the long line at the reception desk. The lobby was marble and quite breathtaking, but that did not get me over the fact that I was still dragging my luggage around.
Since there was a reservation mix-up, I ended up in a "smoking" room near the casino. I dreaded this, but the air purifying system was state of the art. I never smelled smoke, but the noise from the casino was annoying at times. The room service menu was very limited, and the value vs. the quality of the food was not good. The breakfast buffet was good, but the service was spotty. As everyone has mentioned, it is hard to get a chair on the beach. Many people just put their towels down on the sand near the water. The spa services are virtually non-existent, so you have to go to the Marriott if you want a package. All of this sounds quite bad, but the property is beautiful and the rooms are decent. I enjoyed the on site Starbucks coffee, and the small market next door had everything I needed. The restaurants are not great, but there are many other choices right across the street. The entire time I was there I got the impression that the staff thought they were entitled to be nonchalant due to the greatness of their surroundings. Pretty is good, but customer service will keep us coming back. This was my 4th time in Aruba, but my first time in this hotel. If you are looking to be centrally located on a pretty beach this hotel has what you want. If you are looking for 5 star food or service you will not find it there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Stephvabeach
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My wife and I spent two nights here in February 2012 (we also spent two nights at the Westin during this trip). As far as the high rise hotels went, this was definately the nicest (the hotels on the beach are all next to each other and are open, so we were able to walk into all of them). The one restaurant that we ate at on the properly (Palms) was reasonably priced for lunch and had very good food. Beach chairs and floats were easy to check out with plenty of options for sun and shade. The staff, and particularly the concierge team were very knowledgable and helpful.

While overall, this is a very nice resort, at the price point, we have found better value and ambiance at other resorts in the Bahamas and Riviera Maya, Mexico. We felt that the hotel was trying to nickel and dime where possible with examples as charging a ridiculous fee for wifi and keeping track of towels checked out and charging for unreturned towels.

Overall, we had a nice trip, but will travel to other islands in the caribbean before coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple