“Beautiful Hyatt Regency Aruba”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed two nights on the Regency Club Floor with a pool view! Service was great and can't wait to return! We didn't have any problems getting a great place by the pool. The casino is great and loved the live music in the evenings at the lobby bar. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The Regency Club is great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank artyis
Write a ReviewReviews (3,757)

Reviewed 24 February 2012

this hotel is outstanding - but why on earth do they allow the pathetic ritual of reserving a beach/ poolside lounge chair and or a beach hut by placing a towel to stake a claim. I noticed some chairs were used for ten - fifteen minutes that had been "rerserved" all day!
Hyatt figure out a better way.

Room Tip: decline the first room you are given - they always have a nicer one available if you complain.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Salesman-Dave
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My family and I have been coming to the Hyatt Aruba on and off for 20 years and annually for the last 5. There are 14 of us and we get 4 rooms. We visit during February break when school is out in the Northeast. If you value your peace and quiet (and sanity) look elsewhere. We will not be returning next year...as we finally hit our limit. Where to begin...

Check in is always an adventure and takes 3x as long as it should because there is always arguing over the coveted free breakfast. Every year we book the AAA rate with the breakfast and every year they argue with us and claim we did not book the breakfast (even though our confirm says so). This year, I argued for a few minutes and gave up. My sister got hers immediately. After stewing about it, I got annoyed and went back down for round 2 of arguing ...by round 3, I got the breakfast. My other family members who were staying for 13 nights had the pleasure of arguing for 13 days. On the final day, they asked 1 more time (it had become a family joke and there was someone working the desk whom they'd never seen before) and were told, "sure, no problem...we'll take the breakfasts off your bill. BTW, check out is worse, it's known among guests that you need to ask for your bill the day before because it takes half a day to argue about the incorrect charges. My bill started out over $800 high and it took me 3 trips to the desk to work it out.

The rugs in my room were badly stained (big red stains). There is clear glass between the bathroom and the room, so every time someone gets up in the night to use the bathroom, it disturbs everyone. Beds are actual Queens...nice size.

The grounds are nice and the Hyatt occupies and enviable spot on the beach, however, the crowds during break are too much. You have to rent your spot on the beach for $50 per day and they are spoken for 12 months in advance. It is based on seniority and it's easier to get a table at Rao's in NY. I heard a guy say, "I don't even like coming here anymore, but if I go somewhere else I lose my seniority." That's what made me decide to be done with this nonsense!! It is so crowded that you have to climb on chairs to get to the water.

At night, the lobby becomes a teenage hangout. Kids come from other hotels just to roam around the Hyatt lobby.

Housekeeping does a nice job and special mention to Clarissa at the pool bar and Fanny in the restaurant who are spectacular and will be missed. The rest of the service is average at best. Many of the employees look like they can't wait for break week to be over. Grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Pool slide is a lot of fun.

We're taking our $30k elsewhere next yr...I bequeath my beach hut to someone who wants to feel as though they never left NY. Don't ask where we are going next year...that's a secret! :-)

Room Tip: Standard rooms have a window and no balcony (3rd floor) Higher floors have french balcony (tiny) an...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank Lisa K
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at the resort. I do agree with you that during the President’s Week vacation time frame that the resort is very busy with families. Outside of these dates, the resort has a much better feel and is more relaxing. The issues at the Front Desk is not acceptable. I will address with the Front Office management team.

Thank you for positive comments about the associates. I will let them know that they were mentioned. I am disappointed to know that you will not be returning to our resort. We will used your comments to help us improve for the future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to offer comments.

Resort Manager.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have visited many Hyatts before, the Aruba people make all the difference. They are beyond accomodating, the food at the resort was outstanding, everyone was so helpful and happy, and the resort was just beautiful. The beach was immaculate and well staffed. Thank you for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SunseekerChicagoarea
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Amazing garden . Great music on the lobby bar and the casino. The food in restaurants is tasty.
Nice place!
I will back soon!

Room Tip: 9 floor - club
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoriGig
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Casino & Spa. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Regency Management

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Perfect place to enjoy and relaxing. My husband and me will be back there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria A

Dear guest,

We appreciate your positive comments on TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with everyone. We hope to serve you and your husband very soon again at our beautiful restort.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Beautiful hotel, great bars and the food in the restaurant was great. Excellent service and attention. We were very pleased and happy with our stayed. Only down side was the pricing, way too overpriced and doesn't include anything else other than service and towels at the beach.

• Stayed: February 2012
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
0.9 km away
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
0.4 km away
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.6 km away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
0.4 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
0.2 km away
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!