“Top notch facility” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Top notch facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife and I just got back from this property and highly recommend it. The grounds and entire facility were in excellent condition and the food was very good. We really enjoyed the white sand beach and spent quite a bit of time sitting on the pier watching the sunset go down in the evenings.

The service was excellent, and the people who work there seemed to enjoy what they were doing. They constantly had a smile on their face and were very engaging in conversation.

I played golf at Tierra del Sol and it's a nice course. The wind blows constantly and it's very difficult just to hit the fairway in the constant gusts. We enjoyed it though. Try riding horses at the Ponderosa if you are looking for things to do. They did a great job and you get to ride the horses, not just follow the leader on a trail. The Sunday brunch is amazing at the hotel, try it if you are willing to pay $40 per person.

This place is not cheap, and if I had anything to complain about it would be the high prices for everything. However, we loved it and would definitely go back in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fischman44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
Mount Sinai, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

As we are preparing to return to the Amazing Aruba Hyatt for our 9th visit this summer, I am realizing I never wrote a review for last summer's wonderful trip. I agree wholeheartedly with the majority of reviewere that this hotel is simply an AMAZINGLY GREAT hotel.
Obviously, for us to plan an annual visit, we love the property, the staff and Aruba.

We have not had the greatest experience with the man who runs their towel hut on the beach, however. As the years have passed, he seems to become less willing to help with simple situations. Case in point, we could almost never get a float to use in the ocean on our last visit. Although we got out there early and made several return trips to request a float, he was in no way helpful. Finally, when I complained the I was an annual guest and had never seen so few floats, he sent a worker to get me one from the group stored in some storage container which he didn't want to bother to bring out each day!!!!! I watched to see where the float came from and there were MANY more in that container! So, although the Hyatt DID own many more floats, this man who is paid to run the beach hut gets to decide how many floats to bring to the paying guests??!!! Something is wrong with picture.
I am a HUGE fan of this hotel and will surely return, but this is a bad situation and Hyatt should correct this.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lswg
baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband & I flew to Aruba for 4 nights for a winter getaway. When we stepped into the lobby of the hotel, we were greeted by the friendly staff with champagne and escorted up to our gorgeous, oceanfront king room. If you like sitting on a balcony, as opposed to just standing on the "french" balconies, this room category is for you! The hotel grounds are just amazing! Yes, it is crazy to get up at 6:30am in order to reserve a palapa, but we reserved it before our trip and paid the $35/day. It was totally worth it for us because of the shade it provided and also because we prefer the beach to the pool. If you decide to pay for one, make sure to place other items on the chairs, like a book or shoes. Towels are not enough! There was a family of 5 enjoying our palapa in the early morning before we got there around 10:00. Evidently, towels on the beach chairs aren't enough of a clue for people that it's reserved.
Breakfast at Ruinas del Mar is a glorious way to start the day. We rented a jeep and dined at some other fine restaurants on the island (Madame Jeanette's and Flying Fishbones....AMAZING!!) We love Aruba and when we return, we will be staying at the Hyatt again.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms offer full balconies.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steallm
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Like what the title says, the location is good, very close to the white sand beach, but the price they charge is not commensurate to the service they provide. Dont take the all inclusive deal if you want to stay at Hyatt. There are plenty of restaurants around the area ( walking distance) and they are much better than the restaurants in Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank traveller923
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed two nights on the Regency Club Floor with a pool view! Service was great and can't wait to return! We didn't have any problems getting a great place by the pool. The casino is great and loved the live music in the evenings at the lobby bar. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The Regency Club is great!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank artyis
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

this hotel is outstanding - but why on earth do they allow the pathetic ritual of reserving a beach/ poolside lounge chair and or a beach hut by placing a towel to stake a claim. I noticed some chairs were used for ten - fifteen minutes that had been "rerserved" all day!
Hyatt figure out a better way.

Room Tip: decline the first room you are given - they always have a nicer one available if you complain.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Salesman-Dave
Smithtown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

My family and I have been coming to the Hyatt Aruba on and off for 20 years and annually for the last 5. There are 14 of us and we get 4 rooms. We visit during February break when school is out in the Northeast. If you value your peace and quiet (and sanity) look elsewhere. We will not be returning next year...as we finally hit our limit. Where to begin...

Check in is always an adventure and takes 3x as long as it should because there is always arguing over the coveted free breakfast. Every year we book the AAA rate with the breakfast and every year they argue with us and claim we did not book the breakfast (even though our confirm says so). This year, I argued for a few minutes and gave up. My sister got hers immediately. After stewing about it, I got annoyed and went back down for round 2 of arguing ...by round 3, I got the breakfast. My other family members who were staying for 13 nights had the pleasure of arguing for 13 days. On the final day, they asked 1 more time (it had become a family joke and there was someone working the desk whom they'd never seen before) and were told, "sure, no problem...we'll take the breakfasts off your bill. BTW, check out is worse, it's known among guests that you need to ask for your bill the day before because it takes half a day to argue about the incorrect charges. My bill started out over $800 high and it took me 3 trips to the desk to work it out.

The rugs in my room were badly stained (big red stains). There is clear glass between the bathroom and the room, so every time someone gets up in the night to use the bathroom, it disturbs everyone. Beds are actual Queens...nice size.

The grounds are nice and the Hyatt occupies and enviable spot on the beach, however, the crowds during break are too much. You have to rent your spot on the beach for $50 per day and they are spoken for 12 months in advance. It is based on seniority and it's easier to get a table at Rao's in NY. I heard a guy say, "I don't even like coming here anymore, but if I go somewhere else I lose my seniority." That's what made me decide to be done with this nonsense!! It is so crowded that you have to climb on chairs to get to the water.

At night, the lobby becomes a teenage hangout. Kids come from other hotels just to roam around the Hyatt lobby.

Housekeeping does a nice job and special mention to Clarissa at the pool bar and Fanny in the restaurant who are spectacular and will be missed. The rest of the service is average at best. Many of the employees look like they can't wait for break week to be over. Grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Pool slide is a lot of fun.

We're taking our $30k elsewhere next yr...I bequeath my beach hut to someone who wants to feel as though they never left NY. Don't ask where we are going next year...that's a secret! :-)

Room Tip: Standard rooms have a window and no balcony (3rd floor) Higher floors have french balcony (tiny) an...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank Lisa K
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at the resort. I do agree with you that during the President’s Week vacation time frame that the resort is very busy with families. Outside of these dates, the resort has a much better feel and is more relaxing. The issues at the Front Desk is not acceptable. I will address with the Front Office management team.

Thank you for positive comments about the associates. I will let them know that they were mentioned. I am disappointed to know that you will not be returning to our resort. We will used your comments to help us improve for the future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to offer comments.

Resort Manager.
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,581 reviews
1.1 km away
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,476 reviews
0.4 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,727 reviews
0.4 km away
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#20 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
3.8 km away
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,256 reviews
5.8 km away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!