6,939 results
All reviewssports barbuilding bblock cdon nicolasspecialty restaurantsmain buildingjunior suitebuffet restaurantmain buffetour honeymoonnachosall inclusivesmake reservationssenor frogsall inclusive resortnightly entertainmenttowel clips
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Very nice hotel although the room is a bit dated. Buffet restaurant varied with a wide choice of food, excellent. Wonderful beach, hotel only let down by very poor evening entertainment that was repeated the second week. Shame they could not have got together with the sister hotel next door to change entertainment between weeks. Entertainment team did not go around pool area to ask if anyone wanted to participate in any of the scheduled games and only seemed to include those that were literally on the parimeter of the pool in the daily quiz game. Shame they could not get this right as it spoilt what would otherwise have been an amazing holiday.

4  Thank baggi44
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

We came here for our honeymoon and wasn't disappointed, the hotel is located in the most gorgeous beach and you can sit by the pool overlooking the sea.
We were in room 655 and although we only had a tiny balcony that you could just stand on the views of the sea were spectacular!
The only thing that let this hotel down is there is noting to do in the evening apart from sit and drink or play in the casino which is full of smoke. The entertainment shows are very poor and aren't advertised so you don't know what time they are
Apart
From this it was a fab honeymoon

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrstraceymurrell
Reviewed September 19, 2017

We have a timeshare at the Riu and have owed it since the hotel was the Aruba Grand. We stay a week and have always been happy but this year was an extreme exception. Our timeshare was in need of repair. The plug in the bathroom was loose, the lamp in the bedroom had broken wires and had electrical tape on it, the main shower leaked and there was candy on the floor behind the couch in the bedroom. We reported this and none of it was taken care of.

Due to hurricane Irma we had to extend our stay and there was no room in our timeshare so we had to find another hotel. We usually fly out in the morning but this time we were flying out in the evening. Upon checkout they cut off our all inclusive wrist band and gave us a food voucher. I asked the girl at the desk how long it was good for and she said 10:00 p.m. that night. As I mentioned we never stay late so I took her word that she knew the policy. When we arrived for dinner we were told that we could not eat and that the voucher was only good for lunch. I explained what the girl at the desk told me and then the man at the door went to talk to someone else. The came back and said we could not use it and we would have to go see a manager to get it taken care of.

We went to see the manager, Jonathan and explained the situation to him. He said the girl was wrong and asked her name. I told him I didn't get her name when we checked out because I didn't think I needed it. He argued with me that the certificate was not good. I told him I have been coming here for 10 years and I would not make that up. He said "I'll take care of it." Then he ripped up the certificates up in front of us and said "There, now it's taken care of." I was furious over the way we were treated. If we were mislead then he could have told us that we could pay to eat or let us eat because of the misleading information but he was very rude.

The previous manager, Richard always tried to make things right with the customers but the new manager could give a care!!

Too bad I am stuck with the timeshare!

8  Thank Kathy P
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We regret to read that there have been some issues in your room and our team did not react to your satisfaction which certainly does not represent the usual high standard of service that we offer our guests. In fact, we can assure you that our maintenance team is working very hard in order to fix all problems as fast as possible.

We have been informed by our hotel management that our policy regarding the food voucher (only for lunch after checkout for clients whose flight departs later) was appropriately explained at our Front Desk. We are disappointed to learn that you did not agree with our policy regarding this matter.

We hope to see you again in RIU so that you can enjoy the quality, service and attention that define our hotels.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Online Reputation Manager
RIU.com

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

TLDR: Beach and Pools are beautiful but kids are annoying at pool. Food not bad for all inclusive, alcohol selection is standard. Excellent location and views. I'd go back but may try non all inclusive next time.

My wife and I stayed here the last week of July for our honeymoon. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Aruba. The food is probably the best I've had on an all inclusive, but it is still all inclusive food. The buffet is probably the best restaurant as it features some dishes from the specialty restaurants and has theme nights as well. As far as the drinks go they have a limited amount of drinks they make and it is mostly lower shelf liquors. The beer is all the local Balashi beer which I got tired of after a few days. But once again these are typical of most all inclusive resorts and would not stop me from returning. The resort is located in the "high rise" section of town which features many great restaurants, bars, and shops easily within walking distance. We ate off the resort 2 of the nights and the food was moderately priced. The food is definitely better off the resort so I may consider trying a non all inclusive next time to see which I prefer. The beach is amazing and the attendants on the beach are more than willing to pull chairs up for you and create a spot. The other reviews that mention the spot reserving early in the morning is true however this didn't bother us because we didn't care to have a palapa. The only negative to the beach is that there is no drink service. The pools are beautiful however if you are traveling without kids it can be a bit annoying. Parents seemed to freely let young children roam around without supervision. One suggestion would be making the pool bar area adults only but I'm sure that will never happen. The adult only resort next door was nice to relax at but it seemed as if they don't keep it as clean as the family resort. If pools are what you are looking for I think the Riu has the best on that strip. You can walk on a path along the beach to check out the other hotels and the Riu definitely has the largest facilities. Overall I liked the resort and I would stay again. But as stated earlier I may try a non all inclusive next time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rjraybuck
Reviewed September 18, 2017

We chose the Riu Palace Aruba having previously stayed at the Riu Palace Jamaica and were not disappointed. This hotel is set up and operated on a similar model with first come first serve in the a la carte restaurants but we never had any problem getting into any restaurants - you just have to schedule your visits to avoid the rush hour around 7:30pm
For us this hotel offers high standards of service, food, and general cleanliness and certainly approaches a 5 star rating. Every where we went at the Riu the staff went over and above expectations to make our memorable.
There was 24 hour availability for food and drinks via the sports bar for those that could not sleep and we certainly made use of this for a few late nights when things were flowing. Tip: some branded drinks are held under the counter so don't be frightened to ask for your favourite tipple by name if you cannot see it.
There was entertainment in Barry's bar most nights which included a mixture of singers, dance theatre and karaoke - but we prefer to be entertained so there was a little too much of the latter for us.
The pool area, rooms and whole grounds are immaculate and very well maintained as is the local beach area. There are more than sufficient sunbeds on the beach and around the pool if guests only leave towels when they are using the beds. There was an element of reserving beds early in the morning but there were still beds available at 9:00am albeit without umbrellas..
Security was visible at all times and it felt very safe - we did not see or heard of any incidents during our stay.
Food in the a la carte restaurants was good but to be honest the food in the buffet was every bit as good with great quality and variety.
We did use the Riu Palace Antilles next door for a changes of scenery but we felt that the RP Aruba was the better of the two on balance.
Snorkel and watersport equipment was availble for free use and we managed to get some great underwater photos of fish just 30 metres off the beach.
There was a very talented pianist in the main bar who played late afternoon / early evening. Our regret was that there wasn't an area where this could continue into the later evening. Unfortunately the entertainment in Barry's bar was nearby and loud and hence would drown out the pianist.
Staff were very responsive, provided great service and did not expect to get tips all the time as experienced in other Carribean resorts. Accordingly when we gave tips these were well appreciated.
You can take a walk down to the local shopping mall and restaurants which comes to life at night. They are worth a visit if only for a changes of scenery but the shops probably offer more choice for buying souvenirs than you get in Oranjestadd. The area is busy with tourists and is very safe for walking.
In summary we had two great weeks stay at the Aruba, felt it was great value for money, and would certainly recommend this for families or couples.
Our sincere thanks once again to the management andstaff at the RP Aruba.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view as these also give a partial sea view & a room in the block on opposite side to Barry's bar if you want early nights.
6  Thank Phil W