6,928 results
All reviewssports barbuilding bblock cdon nicolasspecialty restaurantsmain buildingjunior suitebuffet restaurantmain buffetour honeymoonall inclusivesnachosmake reservationssenor frogsall inclusive resortnightly entertainmenttowel clips
Reviewed September 21, 2017

we were very impressed with this hotel and its location, food was excellant and the take away food bar was always topped with prepacked sandwiches and fruit, the drinks were top brands and bar service was very good too, the beach was cleaned daily and the sun lounger staff worked hard all day making sure everyone had a lounger, the local bus was reliable and very cheap. we got a bus to the lighthouse and walked back along the beach, u,s dollars accepted every where,

Room Tip: high level side rooms have great views of the beach and towards the inland too
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dave b
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Very nice hotel although the room is a bit dated. Buffet restaurant varied with a wide choice of food, excellent. Wonderful beach, hotel only let down by very poor evening entertainment that was repeated the second week. Shame they could not have got together with the sister hotel next door to change entertainment between weeks. Entertainment team did not go around pool area to ask if anyone wanted to participate in any of the scheduled games and only seemed to include those that were literally on the parimeter of the pool in the daily quiz game. Shame they could not get this right as it spoilt what would otherwise have been an amazing holiday.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank baggi44
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

We came here for our honeymoon and wasn't disappointed, the hotel is located in the most gorgeous beach and you can sit by the pool overlooking the sea.
We were in room 655 and although we only had a tiny balcony that you could just stand on the views of the sea were spectacular!
The only thing that let this hotel down is there is noting to do in the evening apart from sit and drink or play in the casino which is full of smoke. The entertainment shows are very poor and aren't advertised so you don't know what time they are
Apart
From this it was a fab honeymoon

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrstraceymurrell
Reviewed September 19, 2017

We have a timeshare at the Riu and have owed it since the hotel was the Aruba Grand. We stay a week and have always been happy but this year was an extreme exception. Our timeshare was in need of repair. The plug in the bathroom was loose, the lamp in the bedroom had broken wires and had electrical tape on it, the main shower leaked and there was candy on the floor behind the couch in the bedroom. We reported this and none of it was taken care of.

Due to hurricane Irma we had to extend our stay and there was no room in our timeshare so we had to find another hotel. We usually fly out in the morning but this time we were flying out in the evening. Upon checkout they cut off our all inclusive wrist band and gave us a food voucher. I asked the girl at the desk how long it was good for and she said 10:00 p.m. that night. As I mentioned we never stay late so I took her word that she knew the policy. When we arrived for dinner we were told that we could not eat and that the voucher was only good for lunch. I explained what the girl at the desk told me and then the man at the door went to talk to someone else. The came back and said we could not use it and we would have to go see a manager to get it taken care of.

We went to see the manager, Jonathan and explained the situation to him. He said the girl was wrong and asked her name. I told him I didn't get her name when we checked out because I didn't think I needed it. He argued with me that the certificate was not good. I told him I have been coming here for 10 years and I would not make that up. He said "I'll take care of it." Then he ripped up the certificates up in front of us and said "There, now it's taken care of." I was furious over the way we were treated. If we were mislead then he could have told us that we could pay to eat or let us eat because of the misleading information but he was very rude.

The previous manager, Richard always tried to make things right with the customers but the new manager could give a care!!

Too bad I am stuck with the timeshare!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kathy P
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We regret to read that there have been some issues in your room and our team did not react to your satisfaction which certainly does not represent the usual high standard of service that we offer our guests. In fact, we can assure you that our maintenance team is working very hard in order to fix all problems as fast as possible.

We have been informed by our hotel management that our policy regarding the food voucher (only for lunch after checkout for clients whose flight departs later) was appropriately explained at our Front Desk. We are disappointed to learn that you did not agree with our policy regarding this matter.

We hope to see you again in RIU so that you can enjoy the quality, service and attention that define our hotels.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Online Reputation Manager
RIU.com

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

TLDR: Beach and Pools are beautiful but kids are annoying at pool. Food not bad for all inclusive, alcohol selection is standard. Excellent location and views. I'd go back but may try non all inclusive next time.

My wife and I stayed here the last week of July for our honeymoon. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Aruba. The food is probably the best I've had on an all inclusive, but it is still all inclusive food. The buffet is probably the best restaurant as it features some dishes from the specialty restaurants and has theme nights as well. As far as the drinks go they have a limited amount of drinks they make and it is mostly lower shelf liquors. The beer is all the local Balashi beer which I got tired of after a few days. But once again these are typical of most all inclusive resorts and would not stop me from returning. The resort is located in the "high rise" section of town which features many great restaurants, bars, and shops easily within walking distance. We ate off the resort 2 of the nights and the food was moderately priced. The food is definitely better off the resort so I may consider trying a non all inclusive next time to see which I prefer. The beach is amazing and the attendants on the beach are more than willing to pull chairs up for you and create a spot. The other reviews that mention the spot reserving early in the morning is true however this didn't bother us because we didn't care to have a palapa. The only negative to the beach is that there is no drink service. The pools are beautiful however if you are traveling without kids it can be a bit annoying. Parents seemed to freely let young children roam around without supervision. One suggestion would be making the pool bar area adults only but I'm sure that will never happen. The adult only resort next door was nice to relax at but it seemed as if they don't keep it as clean as the family resort. If pools are what you are looking for I think the Riu has the best on that strip. You can walk on a path along the beach to check out the other hotels and the Riu definitely has the largest facilities. Overall I liked the resort and I would stay again. But as stated earlier I may try a non all inclusive next time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple