2,135 results
All reviews pure ocean swim up bar washer dryer combo full bathrooms older tower one bedroom suite through rci time share other hotels jacuzzi tub high rise hotels butterfly farm timeshare owners musty smell grocery store happy hour super foods
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We just returned from the most amazing two weeks (September 29th - October 13th) at the Divi Phoenix. The first week we spent alone just my husband and I and the second week our kids and there friends joined us for our 30th anniversary celebration (4 rooms).
Pedro Vargas who is the rooms division manager went out of his way to put our kids and they friends (they are all couples in their 20's) in rooms that were close to us as we had previously requested, We all (except for one couple) stayed in the Beach Villas and the rooms were beautiful with great views, everything in proper working condition and just lovely. We had one bedrooms and we were all very happy.

I will start off with my only complaint is that check in on Saturday can be a process. Where it is a timeshare and everyone checks in on Saturday afternoon there is normally a wait. They do go out of their way to make it pleasant with free rum punch and a nice steel drum musician to get you in the tropical mood.

It is just like returning home each year - the staff is wonderful and always seems to remember you - hugs and kisses as welcomed and they make us feel so special.

The food at Pure Beach was very good and the service was great - we never had to wait for anything and there is always someone there to check if everything is okay and if you need anything else. Also Sunday from 4-6 they have happy hour with the band Joy Ride - the band rocks and it is the best night at Divi Phoenix. It seems like the entire resort comes for this and it is lots of fun with great music, dancing, drinks and food. We make a point of being here every Sunday and also friends of ous who stay at the Marriott, Playa Linda and other Divi resorts come as well.

The beach is beautiful and huts are plentiful. We love the quite secluded feel of this beach and if and when we want more action we simply walk to the other hi rise areas. It is always nice to come "home" to our beach though.

I can't imagine anyone saying that the staff here is not friendly or appear to not enjoy their jobs. That is simply not the truth - everyone has a smile and a hello and they are more than happy to chat about their beautiful island.

We spent two weeks here and we needed another one. Cannot wait until next year - Week 39 here we come.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lemarier59
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from staying a week at this property. This was my 5th time staying at this property and 20th time in Aruba. Awesome Property. Stayed in the Tower Section on the 9th floor. Beautiful view, nice accomadations. I feel that they have the best beach/pool area on Palm Beach. Easy check-in and check-out. Friendly staff. Excellent maid service. I highly recommend this property. Daily Happy Hour at main pool area from 4 - 6 p.m. While this is a time share property, you don't have to be a time share member to stay at the property - assuming there is availability. I booked air/hotel on Travelocity. You can also book directly through the property's website.

Room Tip: I prefer the Tower Section - 8th floor or higher - facing towards the "Hotel Zone", as opposed to the Town/Port Area. This is just my personal preference. You can stay in the newer building, but you will pay more.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Joyce O
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I can truly say that this resort deserves all the praise and more that it has received - the rooms were beautiful - we stayed in a 2 bedroom penthouse suite which was awesome for our family - we had plenty of room for the 3 kids and it was spacious and had everything we needed. The room was clean, modern and super functional for the family. Also don't listen to anyone about the weather in Aruba - we went Oct 6-13 and it called for rain 4/7 days and it was 32 degrees and sunny everyday with a beautiful breeze. The hotel had it all - great swimming pool, kids pool, beautiful beach - we had a package which included breakfast as well which was always good. The entire resort goes out of their way to make sure you are happy and i have to say it was a perfect family vacation for us - i would recommend to anyone looking to go to Aruba with kids as there is likely no better place if you want lots of space and stay at one of the smaller resorts...the food was a little slower than what you would like and there are certainly hotels on the beach that are higher end and a little nice but overall you are getting a ton for your money at Divi and i would certainly come again and recommend it to others for sure - the only real con was my daughters crib was not the most comfortable and a little small but i also didn't expect to have a crib that i had at home

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank jeff_s131722
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at the Divi Phoenix last week and had a wonderful experience. The facility was nice, rooms were spacious and staff was friendly. The best part of the trip was the beautiful beach and easy access to it. Every day we sat at the beach and were able to take in the perfect blue ocean and clean white sand. I would highly recommend this timeshare to anyone going to Aruba. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Heather B
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last weekend, and it was awsome, the location is in one the best beaches in Aruba, the food is delicious and they have happy hour with a live band on the weekend. I was in one of the penthouses, it has everything you need and is very spacious.your have great pool areas and the beach just in front. I think it was Excellent, I would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Even if it cost a little bit more, choose a beachfront room... waking up with that view is priceless.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends