3,091 results
All reviews lazy river chair tags spyglass tower serenity pool captain's galley chair tagging pool chairs bedroom villa ocean club next door full kitchen time share marriott hotel washer and dryer grocery store ocean view baby beach queen bed
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We bought our Timeshare last year and we are very satisfied of the amenities of this club. E beach is great, food is awesome, people are friendly BUT we bought a Premium week oceanview 6 th floor or higher and got the 3rd floor this week!! View of palm trees...NO OCEAN!! We were told that there is never a garantee but another timshare owner had it written on his contract!!!!!!

Plus, 4 days prior to our arrival, we got a call from the salesteam to ask us if we had a special demand so we said that we wanted a high floor and she said she would write it down in the system. Upon arrival, No notes whatsoever....so there you go guys!

Room Tip: Of course anything higher than the 6 th floor!!
1  Thank Sloyer
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is the third time I had been to Aruba and the first traveling with my almost one year old. We stayed with my in laws in a 2 bedroom unit that has a kitchen,dining room and washer/dryer. All of these things make a family vacation SO much easier. The room was pretty nice and very clean. They were able to provide both a crib and a high chair, so that was really helpful.
The pool chair situation is a bit strange. People waking up at 4 am to go sit on chairs till the 7 am reserve time?! My mother in law went down at 6 or 6:30 everyday and sometimes we ended up with chairs with no shade, which doesn't work so well with a baby. Other than that it was nice, kind of crowded. The beach has palapas that you can reserve as well. The food at the hotel was alright. We ate at Ruth Chris which was very good, the pool bar was pretty decent and Champions to watch a basketball game one afternoon.It was nice that you could walk between the Stellaris, Ocean club and the Surf Club. The adult only pool at Stellaris looks really beautiful with all the open air cabanas. All in all if I was just with my husband I doubt we would stay here, lots of families with kids and/or older people but it works really well if your traveling with family.
If you say you want an Ocean view room, they will say they have it but every room is listed as ocean view apparently, we overlooked the parking lot, but if you stood on the balcony and looked to the left you saw part of the Ocean. Be specific if you want a full view, or pool view otherwise you will end up overlooking the parking lot!

3  Thank Amy M
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We recently traveled to Aruba and stayed at the Marriott Surf Club. We truly enjoyed our stay. The lazy river was awesome, We played tennis, beach volleyball, grilled steaks, did shuffle board. The rooms were neat and clean, the beds were amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I just got back from a week trip here with my wife and 17 month old. We had a fantastic time.

We had the 1 bedroom unit. It was very spacious. The bathroom is separate for privacy if you have young children while they are sleeping. The kitchen is well stocked with plates, cooking utensils, etc. The kitchen is new and very clean. There is also a washer and dryer stacked in the closet. It has a dining table that can fit 6 people, and a living area with tv. We also had a nice deck with access from the living area or bedroom We were on the 9th floor in the garden view room, but still had a nice view of the ocean if you position your chair properly.

Upon arrival we went to Long and Sons groceries. They had just about everything you would need. The prices were more expensive than in the us, I would say by about 50%. We bought fruit and breakfast foods since it was easier to stay in with the baby. The hotel serves breakfast. It costs $13 for an “American style breakfast” and coffee was $4. There is also a starbucks and dunkin donuts about 8-10 minutes up the road by foot.

They sell laundry detergent near the ice machine for $1.25. it is expensive at the grocery store so you can buy it as you need it, or bring it. We paid $13 for a small bottle before we realized they sold it.

You can walk to a bunch of restaurants and the other hotels from the hotel which is very nice. You don’t need to take a taxi if you want to stay close by. A taxi down town was about $12. The most expensive was from the airport at $25.

Champions in the hotel: Sports bar theme, food was bland. I would skip this place.

Giannis: Average Italian at best and the most expensive meal we had in Aruba. Walking distance. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Simply Fish is in the hotel: Reserve early and get a table on the sand for the sunset. Food was great and the setting was beautiful.

Mi Casa: Thin crust pizza, very inexpensive, walking distance

El Gaucho: need to take a taxi, but well worth it. I am a big steak person and this place was top notch. Reasonably priced. Don’t skip this place, you will be sorry…

Madame Janette: you need to take a taxi. This was the best meal we had on the island. This is a must

Pelicans nest: This is next door to the hotel on the water. Cheap lunch spot, $7-10 sandwiches

Mamma Waba: Also next to the hotel on the beach. Same price as pelicans

Hadicurrari: On the beach at the exit of the hotel. Good lunch, reasonable prices

In general drinks ranged from $8-12 dollars. Every day the pool bar has a special on something. Usually its $8 and they offer 2-3 different drinks

The pool and lazy river are great. Lots of area for the kids to play. You can buy tubes in the resort for a few dollars more than buying them at walmart. Sometimes you can find them left behind by others as well. We brought them, but next time I would not bring them if I didn’t have the room in my suit case. There are lots of children at the resort so if your looking for something quite this is not the place. The only thing I did not like which was mentioned by others here is that the chairs get taken quickly. I think people go out at 5am to reserve them. it is a terrible system they have. I went down early one morning as the baby had me up and I found people reading books with book lights in the dark, and had already claimed there chairs at 6am. I always went around 7-7:30 and found somewhere for us to sit. Also at around 2pm people leave or move and you can find something. This is the only negative thing I can say about the place, that is why I gave it 4 stars.

People will be asking you to sign up for the time share. We told them we didnt want to, and they still gave us the 10% off card. it can be used for antyhing in the resort. This was a nice offering. It seemed like everyone had one.

I cant believe we never went to Aruba before. Leave your jeans and long sleeve shirts at home, you will never wear them. This island is safe and laid back. We will be back next year for sure!!!

Room Tip: Garden room high up gets you some water view.
10  Thank doms1214
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 7 days for our honeymoon. We stayed in a suite/full room with the kitchen, dining, separate bedroom, and balcony with a view of the ocean. Lovely! We loved the lazy river, there was always a pool chair available at one of the poolsides, the adult salt water pool was heated and fantastic. The ocean was only a short walk through the pool area and we never had trouble finding a chair. Umbrella/cabana's are free on the beach. The dock to go on the snorkeling is immediately out front of the hotel into the ocean. As a guest at the Surf Club we were able to use the amentities at both the Ocean Club and Stellaris Resort both next door. Stellaris pool was more for adults, the Ocean Club pool was more of an older crowd and way less crowded of all three hotel pools. Either bring a float with you for the lazy river or buy one from the gift shop. The price to rent is outrageous. Also, be sure to bring a cooler with you and fill it to take to the pool/beach with you. Drinks are pretty pricey! We had dinners at La Vista(Stellaris) which is Italian and delish! We also ate at Simply Fish(Stellaria) which is mostly seafood and it is outdoors on the beach at night. We did snorkeling with the Jolly Pirates(highly recommend), and the Koko Konuku party bus(also highly recommend!). Also, go to the grocery as soon as you get there and stock up on food, it is much cheaper that way! At night you can walk the beach to get to the other hotels(Riu, Hyatt, etc.) and there is a Senor Frogs, Sopranos Piano Bar, Hard Rock and several other nightlife things to do. My only complaint is the spa at Ocean Club. I went there to get a mani/pedi and checked in and after waiting an hour I told them I would not wait any longer and I would be leaving. They said they already charged the credit card and would not-could not refund. So basically I paid almost $100.00 for a manicure and pedicure I did not get and wasted an hour of my valuable pool time. Not to mention the spa was crawling with people there to get their "free 5 minute neck massage" for some timeshare seminar. Just don't even waste your time on the Ocean Club spa!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple