“Nice area”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice area”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Recently spent a week at Bucuti. The resort was kept up well, staff was extremely friendly and would go above and beyond to help. Beautiful beach that was never crowded and the breakfast they provided daily was huge- eggs,omelets, french toast, sausage bacon pastry and tons of fruit-if they didn't have it they would get it for you. The resort is adults only and therefore very quite and peaceful. Our room was in the Tara suites- it was on the first floor and you could walk out to the beach or relax on the patio. Overall a fantastic week and part of me does not want to leave such a glowing review because I am afraid this place will become difficult to get a room once it becomes more popular!

Room Tip: Garden view seemed to have just as nice as view as the tara suites and for the amount of time you wi...
3 Thank mike h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,277)
  • Hungarian first
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2012

From the moment we checked in to the Bucuti we knew this was going to be a special vacation. Our room, in the Tara Suites was beautiful, very clean, and peaceful. Great view of the pool,beach and water. Just a few steps from the uncrowded beach, bar and restaurant we started each morning with breakfast on the outdoor patio and then relaxed under our private palapa near the waters edge. The best part was the red flag we were given each day. When you're ready to order a drink just place it in the sand and within seconds someone is there to take your order:). The staff was helpful and friendly. I can't count the number of times we were told "this is your vacation, what can we do for you". Although we mostly ventured to town for dinners we returned each evening to sit in one of the comfortable chairs on the deck for a nightcap and listen to the steel drum player. We even met the owner one morning as he was visiting with guests during breakfast. This trip was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and it was amazing!!!! If you are looking for a relaxed, peaceful, friendly place to stay, this is it!

Room Tip: We loved staying in the Tara Suites. Building faces the beach and water with great views from you ba...
3 Thank Ann H
CT & AK
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Our travel dates: 3/19 - 3/24/2012

Our personal facts: 1st time in Aruba....visited a travel agent to help us decide our accommodations.....our main criteria was uncrowded adults only facility.....our travel agent recommended Bucuti and we went with it based on her recommendation coupled with a visit to the website....

My husband and I wanted a very special experience. It was our 4th anniversary and we never had a real honeymoon because we eloped and our schedules never permitted this type of trip. So we were prepared to spend a little extra and really optimize the romance factor.

Because I booked the trip kind of late (end of January), we were not able to get the "best" room in the house...the Tara Penthouse Suite...so what our travel agent booked for us was the bungalow suite with an ocean view. I was a little nervous b/c I read a few negative comments on Trip Advisor about the bungalow suites. Namely, the high level of foot traffic that passes and the fact that the public restroom building is just a few steps away.

Ok, well, we can't say enough good things about Bucuti or our accommodations. We LOVED LOVED LOVED the Bungalow suite. We had a great view of the beach. We had a large terrace with table & chairs along with 2 loungers. Bucuti is a very quiet resort so there is no loud partying going on that inhibits your peace. We liked sitting out on our terrace with a cocktail (duty free Grey Goose we purchased on the plane!) after we'd had enough sun. We were fully shaded but had the advantage of being (almost) right on the beach and just a few steps from the pool, Also it was a very short walk to the Sand Bar for happy hour....the restrooms were hardly noticible despite that the building was "right there"...no odor or noise. Never heard the toilet flush or experienced any funky smells. It was a non-issue. Furthermore, we enjoyed saying hello to everyone passing by our terrace when we were sitting out there. In fact, it seemed like people were intrigued that we had that advantage...the regular sleeping rooms/suites have balconies with chairs and you have to actually enter the building and take an elevator to your room etc.....we were able to pop back to our suite anytime of the day to use our own bathroom, oops forgot my magazine, gonna run back to the room for a minute....etc.

So, I would actually recommend the bungalows vs. discourage them. And the room itself was very pretty, functional and we had no issue with the A/C or dehumidifier. I will say though that we shut off the dehumidifier at nite b/c it was too noisy to sleep. But we put it on again as soon as we got up in the morning and the room never got muggy.

One small negative worth noting: The bathroom, while very pretty and spacious, has a strange tub situation. You have to climb in the tub to turn on the faucet b/c there's a plexiglass panel right in front of it that doesn't move..also had to climb in the tub to get a squirt of lotion. That was awkward. Also, there's a big metal door stopper outside the tub where you would step out. It was very hard to avoid. And the tub has a wide girth at the corners so you have to really extend your leg when you get out. I'm only mentioning this b/c if you have any kind of disability or mobility issue, the tub can be dangerous. But we made it work and would not let it deter us from staying in the bungalow again.

The beach was spectacular. PERIOD. We still are not over it!!! :-)

The staff was wonderful. Peter, Deborah, Fabian, "blond ponytail girl at breakfast" (Orlin's wife), can't remember her name, sorry) were especially helpful. But everyone on staff that we dealt with were kind, friendly, ultra accommodating and made us smile every day.

Dinner: We were very impressed with the Pirate's Nest, I hadn't heard about the food quality or service prior to our visit and therefore, had no frame of reference. We had no intention of eating there twice since we wanted to explore the island for restaurants (we are foodies). We enjoyed it so much, we went back another nite when we decided to stay "close to home" and enjoy the sunset on our own beach. It is a beautiful setting for a romantic dinner. Highly recommend.

Breakfast: We are very particular and not big buffet people but we really enjoyed the options at breakfast and I was thrilled there was tons of fresh fruit (cut and whole) and yogurt in addition to heavier items. We even took back some cut watermelon & pineapple to our room for an afternoon snack (and cocktail garnish!)....loved it.

To sum up: Beautiful beach with plenty of well-appointed palapas, lovely accommodations, attentive staff, great restaurant and bar. We can't wait to return. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: The only rooms to possibly avoid are the ones facing theManchebo Resort parking lot. Otherwise, get...
3 Thank MariaP08
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I don't normally write reviews, but I really had to share my experience.

I stayed at Bucuti from 3/19-3/24. Considering I stayed at the Westin right before Bucuti and had my wedding at the Westin, I couldn't help comparing the 2 hotels. As our cab pulled to the front of Bucuti I did feel calmer and more relaxed. It is a much quieter hotel than the other high rises. However, that's where it ends. Yes it's true you don't need to rush out in the morning to get space on the beach. They have good service on the beach and at the restaurants. The food is also quite good. However if there is another competitor on the island that is also adults only I would definitely NOT go back to Bucuti. All it has to offer is the no hustle & bustle. This is why.

1) the first night we got there after we got back from dinner, our room was 80 degrees. the AC was broken. considering this is our "mini-honeymoon" and as they're aware that I am on honeymoon you would think they would provide some consideration and not give us a room with broken AC. It was absolutely not possible to sleep in a room that's 80 degrees That night we had to go sleep in another room and left all our luggage in the broken AC room. They didn't sound very apologetic at all. After my husband brought up the fact that we had ocean front room and we had to sleep in a non-ocean front room. Then they decided to give us $50 credit for the price diff of the room. NOTHING for the inconvenience that they caused us! I mentioned this as we were checking out when they asked how my stay was, the girl just had a blank stare and pretty much a "i don't care" look on her face. Another thing, the AC is very noisy and every now and then makes "gunt gunt" noise

2) Considering the rooms are suppose to be equipped with motion sensor and able to know when you're in your room and when you're not you would assume the house-keeping would be smart about it and clean your room when you're not there. NOPE! definitely not the case. We left one morning at 8:30 for an excursion (ATV tour to the natural pool) we got back at 2pm. Our room was still not made. We didn't get any fresh towels and we had to shower with our old towels. And as we were showering, room keeping kept knocking on our door. THREE TIMES. Another thing with housekeeping is they're super stringent/cheap with giving you towels. I get that it's a green friendly hotel, but there's a very fine line between not giving you towels and being green. If they really want to be green, I don't think each person needs 2 towels on the beach. Maybe they can save some water there. There was an instance when we got back to our room, the bed was made, but no towels. Finally they brought us towels, but they didn’t bring us hand towels and face towels. I’m like really? Another thing, because the house keeping is terrible and doesn't clean the room in time, the air purifier or humidifier water level fills up and it starts beeping non stop. EXTREMELY annoying.

3) Since it’s kind of our honeymoon, one of my friend called Bucuti and bought a bottle of their wine and had requested it sent to my room as a surprise for us on MONDAY. The wine was never delivered. They charged her. But never delivered. My friend had to call multiple times from NYC to follow up on it and sent me email to tell me to follow up on my side. There was huge mix up and the “lost” the wine. Finally they redeliver it on FRIDAY. The day before we were leaving. They ruined my surprise and I had to lug the wine back to NY because we didn’t have time to drink it. AGAIN, they were NOT apologetic about it at all! Mentioned this to the girl when I was checking out. Got the same blank stare.

4) Considering we pay top money to stay at Bucuti you would think they have top service. Not really. We wanted to do an ATV tour and asked the concierge. His response was, we don’t have any and don’t work with any company that provides ATV tour. We don’t deem those as “safe”. So we were like, ok, we are interested can you help us find a company that provides the tour? His response. NO I CAN’T, I don’t know of any company that provides that, you have to find it yourself. So we had to go figure it out on our own and book our own ATV tour online. Really? You’re a concierge for a hotel in Aruba and you’re telling me you can’t find it for us? And we’re tourist from NYC and we are able to find a company that does the ATV tour. They are NOT helpful beyond anything they offer.

5) They are not on Palm Beach, they are on Manchebo beach. The water is not as calm as the Palm Beach area hotels. The waves are quite huge, do not expect to swim too much in the ocean there.

To sum it up, there are hits and misses. The staff there are snottier than other hotels. Not exactly responsive and they definitely don’t make up for the inconvenience they cause you. A lot of “I don’t care” blank stares.

Again, if there is a similar competitor in Aruba I WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.

24 Thank mstravelernyc
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
In reply to the review by mstravelernyc “only thing going for it is the adults only policy”.

First off we need to apologize for the air-conditioning failure you reported at 12.30 pm on the night of your arrival. Unfortunately we were not able to fix the issue that same night and as we were sold out in the deluxe room category we had no choice but to offer you a superior room where you slept for the night.
The next morning you were refunded the difference in room rate and moved back to the room that had the air-conditioning fixed.
We failed to clean the room right after the repair, which is inexcusable and we failed to beg for forgiveness for having you sleep in a downgraded room. We should have refunded you for the night and will do so if you allow us, with a sincere apology.

Our record shows that the bottle of wine was ordered late on the 21st, processed on the 22nd and delivered on the 23rd and on that same day we tried to deliver but you had the “no disturb “sign on and when you called later on, our evening room attendant delivered it to your room. It should have been delivered on the 22nd. Again, a grave negligence on our part.

Bucuti & Tara are both environmentally certified properties and as such we do not change used towels unless you place them in the bathtub or on the floor as stated on the information in the room and in the bathroom. The same applies to sheets, which are changed twice a week unless you ask us to by a sign laying on the night table.

We failed at the concierge level as well, by not offering you a number to call for an ATV – we should have done so upon request. The reason we do not facilitate reservations for ATV’s, parasailing and mopeds and motorcycles is because of the danger they represent and the liability issue associated with these, in addition to the environmental damage they create. But a guest’s wish should be honored and the information should be volunteered.
We have addressed this issue with the concierge in question and again ask for forgiveness.

Once again our most humble apology for the faux pas. Please let us know if you would accept a one-night refund to somewhat apologize for the lack of service and faults you encountered during your stay.

We do hope that you enjoyed your stay on Aruba in spite of these inconveniences and that you consider revisiting our One Happy Island….

Respectfully yours,

Ewald Biemans
Owner
Biemans@bucuti.com
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and i spent 1 week at the bucuti 3/16-3/23. If there is a better resort in aruba, show me.everything about this place is positive.from the room.(deluxe). to the beach,food,and especially the staff. everyone we came in contact with were friendly and very helpful.thanks to everyone and hope to be back next year.this place is tremendous!

Room Tip: we had 2nd floor deluxe room and it was perfect.
3 Thank tom1949_12
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

There is nothing negative to say. From the facilities to the service, it could not have been a more pleasant experience. From check in to check out, the room, the food just everything was great! (and of course, the weather was terrific and the beach was beautiful as well)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bobby S
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My husband stayed at the Bucuti in March for 6 nights. The location is in the low-rise area of Aruba so it's a bit quieter and less crowded. The public bus can take you downtown and to the high rise-rise easily. The service at the Bucuti was wonderful. Everyone is very friendly and they will help you whenever they can. The breakfast that is included is very good with lots of fruit, made to order eggs/omelets, and a daily special as well. Breakfast can be enjoyed outside, right by the beach which is nice. There is also free use of a washer and dryer which came in very helpful. It was exactly what we were looking for: a quiet, relaxing vacation by the beach!

7 Thank MFC9279
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
4.9 km away
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.7 km away
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
3.4 km away
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba? Share your experiences!