“Rest easy in this historic dream of a place”

Review of Crooked Elbow

Front entrance and garden
Sitting room/dining room Bedroom with queen bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sitting room/dining room
Bedroom with queen bed
Kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave etc
Living room with cable TV
Achilles Bay in St George's
St Catherines Beach in St George's
Tobacco Bay in St George's
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Italian first
Any
Marilyn B
“Rest easy in this historic dream of a place”
Reviewed January 18, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

A warm and well-worn early 18th century nook redolent with Bermuda's history. You've got plenty of space, lovely morning light and are a short walk from beaches, local sights and some very fine (fun!) dining. Having a very nice local grocer at the end of the street, a nice clean laundromat just steps away and any manner of places to see and to shop right up the street was handy. And the frequently scheduled bus ride to other parts of the island offers scenic vistas at every turn. We were in St. George's to do some historical research and to celebrate my birthday in a romantic setting. Done! Can't wait to visit again.

Your age range 65+
suhlman51...
Manchester, Maine
“Perfect location”
Reviewed January 2, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

My husband & I rented this lovely studio apartment which happens to be on the north side of the island. The location was amazing, we are close grotto bay, Hamilton and St. George. Erin and Janine were wonderful! We are arrived on Christmas eve not knowing things would be close Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. They made sure we had egs, milk, bread, snacks and two bottles of wine. Very thoughtful!! Offered to reimburse them, they said merry Christmas !! We did not spend much time in the apartment which was our plan, we had our own patio and our own separate entrance. All the privacy anyone would need and want. We made several meals in the apartment which was exactly as the photos show!! Wonderful property away from the tourist areas and cruise ships, yet close enough to be anywhere on the island in 30 min. We rented a scooter which allowed us the freedom to experience All the areas of intrest. Should we choose to go to Bermuda again in the future, we most assuredly will find Janine and Erin's apartment and stay with them again !! They were extremely helpful with any questions we had. We spent Christmas Day on elbow beach were hundreds of people gather with Christmas hats and Christmas outfits. There was a live DJ and cocktails on the beach to purchase as well. We also went to the Crystal caves which was fascinating. I recommend the buffet at grotto bay beach resort in the winter months which is around $17.95 per person USD. The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous, we enjoyed The buffet they're overlooking the ocean!!Thank you Erin and Janine for making our experience such a memorable & happy one !! They were amazing, can't say enough about them. Highly recommend this property. A++ thanks you Aaron & Janine!!

Center Valley
Reviewed December 23, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Tomorourk...
Center Valley
“This is the essence of the "Bermuda" experience.”
Reviewed September 2, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had the distinct pleasure to spend five wonderful evenings at this very quaint, well kept and ideally located home in the heart of historic St. George. The hosts are very pleasant and easy to work with and the easy access to Tobacco Bay and Fort St. Catherine is ideal. Please be sure to also walk through the surrounding historical areas and note the wonderful monuments to Bermuda's founding.

Many thanks to Mark and Anne for their hospitality, and we do hope to return in the future.

Angela885
Vancouver, Canada
“Delightful and comfortable apartment”
Reviewed June 16, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

I loved Crooked Elbow. Everything you need is there and all the comforts of home. The owners were very caring and knowledgeable. Anne Rowe who lives above the property was a delight to chat with. She invited me to her beautifully decorated home for a cup of tea and we chatted for some time on her huge balcony with a wonderful view of the unfinished church. Everything is in walking distance and the bus stop is literally on your doorstep. The bus pass saved a lot of money as I used the buses and ferries every day for the week I stayed there. Couldn't thank them enough. Only had time to go to Tobacco Beach once as I wanted to make good use of the bus pass and explore the island. When I stayed in Hamilton my second week I went back to that beautiful beach. When I checked out Anne allowed me to stay until late afternoon as no guests were arriving that day so I spent a few hours at Tobacco Beach and went to the unfinished church and St. Catherine's Fort, not to be missed. Anne also allowed me to keep the bus pass as I left May 30 and it wouldn't be needed on the 31st so I had the pass for 8 days instead of the seven and I used it to go the zoo and aquarium which is well worth a visit too. I would definitely go back to Elbow Cottage. Mark Rowe gave me excellent directions from the airport to give to the taxi driver so there was no problem finding this wonderful home. I was almost in tears when I left. I loved Crooked Elbow and St. Georges and hope to return one day.

Travelling group: Solo
newenglan...
Boston
“Great location”
Reviewed May 22, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

We have previously rented Taylor House from Mark Rowe and found out about his mother's property from him. Crooked elbow is a guest apartment attached to Mrs.Rowe's home. We had our own garden with seating, a lovely sunroom, small kitchen, formal living room, bath/shower, master bedroom. There were beach towels and a freezer pack which we used in our collapsible cooler. It is a short walk to tobacco bay, fort St Catherine, Gates fort, Somers Garden, the square, the waterfront shops and restaurants and the ferry. The bus and ferry passes saved us a significant amount of money. We did not require scooter and only needed taxi to and from the airport. There are cheaper grocer but they are not close by so we relied on items we packed and perishables were purchased at Somers. Wings Chinese was a good take away and White Horse Tavern had yummy pizza, burgers and fish tacos. Temptations has great sandwiches and ice cream. We took ferry to dockyard which had nice British restaurant. We had breakfast at home each day, packed some snacks and lunches for days out. Some days we went out for a meal then just relaxed in our garden. The owner lives up stairs and was very accommodating allowing us to check in a bit early and depart an hour late. If we had been unable to do t she was still going to let us store our luggage until it was ready. The neighborhood is pretty quiet. We had the odd dog or cat wander through from neighboring yard. We had lots of birds, lizards and butterflies. The home itself is historical and the apartment has some great unique bits. It's not a five star but it was homey and comfortable enough. If you need laundry there is a laundry mat a few doors down at end of road. You won't find Dunkin or Starbucks but Somers has keureg with many options and a to go section for all meals pay by weight.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of towels
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Derek D
“Great apartment and great location”
Reviewed November 9, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Bermudans are friendly people. Lots of places to visit. We found the caves with water by Tom Moore's jungle. Took part in some of the guided tours organized by what seems like some level of volunteer group. I found many locations for pen and water colour sketches

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Good location and quiet
Liked least: not really a problem, but cannot see the sea through the windows
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing