All reviews living room gas station the kitchen place to stay the bus small pool soda machine walking distance plenty of storage beautiful garden one bedroom apartment apartments are clean other guests bbq housekeeping swizzle units
Reviewed November 21, 2007

ok its on a main road but its really not that bad, just get ear plugs

low cost place to stay and quite big rooms actually, book one of the larger apartments, its worth it

small pool but nice enough and really nobody around the pool most of the time

ok gardens for sunbathing and sitting around, not large but good enough.

room a little tired, but for the price you are paying in "expensive" bermuda it does the job

good to have your own kitchen although its a little out of date and marked, it does the job

nice to have gas and coal BBQ in the gardens to use for free

good location 2 mins walk to the swizzle inn and 2 mins a gas station for food and drink

get a scooter you will need it

staff need to be a bit more friendly.

guess its down to how much you want to pay. good value for little money overall

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelwellallthetime
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I am very happy with my choice to stay at Sandpiper. I booked a 9 night stay at the Sandpiper the last week in July. My room was clean and spotless on my arrival and during my stay. The room was very spacious for a studio, although it was 2 of us, I am sure 3 people would be comfortable in the room we had. The front lawn was well mantained as well as the pool they have on the grounds. We wheeled the BBQ to our room almost every night and BBq'd on our patio. (They have a few on the property for the guest use). The guest we talked to around the pool were enjoying their stay at sandpiper because of the distance to all the beautiful beaches and the public transport as well as the price you pay and the size and cleanliness of the rooms. Wanda at the front desk was always willing to assist in arranging things to do or providing us with information about her island(very pleasant girl).
I am very happy I chose the sandpiper apartments

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovelyCharlotte_NC
Reviewed August 13, 2007

Was a guest at the Sandpiper and woke up on after the 3rd night of our stay to find the door ajar and our cash missing. The management did not seem the least bit surprised or concerned. Instead they struggled for ways to shift blame instead of being geniunely concerned for the security of their guests and facility. Neither the owner or manager expressed any sympathy or regret about what happened. The police told us that the property had many problems and one officer said she wanted to recommend they put it under investigation. The Sandpiper is convenient and relatively inexpensive, but it is really not worth risking being ripped off and then blown off. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PROPERTY (unless of course you want to be robbed and then treated like crap by the so called "caretakers").

Stayed: July 2007
18  Thank TanyaW
Reviewed July 31, 2007

someone broke into my room while i was sleeping, they used a key. My money was stolen. The manger and the owner, father and daughter were rude. Blamed me. I was told, you are a black american girl and you come to the island and pick up men, that is why you got robbed. They did nothing to help out. The hotel is not safe and the owner and his daughter (the manager) could care less about the safety of their guests. They still charged me for the two nights I spent in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
10  Thank rhenwv
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We stayed at The Sandpiper for the second time this month.
We love the small intamacy of these accommodations. the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. These things brought us back to the sandpiper for a second time. While we were there, a group had booked 3/4 of the place for a 7 day getaway. They had a bbq and invited the rest of the guest at the sandpiper. It was fun. While we know things to do on the island. The Girls on the front desk always helped us plan our day out. We found the beach across the street to be very convenient with a 5 min walk away. The Swizzle inn is a 2 min walk to the left of the sandpiper . I will return to the sandpiper again in October. I am glad I have found this place and I give it thumbs up for its great location, intamacy and price.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple