All reviews living room gas station the kitchen place to stay the bus small pool soda machine walking distance plenty of storage beautiful garden one bedroom apartment apartments are clean other guests bbq housekeeping swizzle units
Reviewed July 31, 2007

someone broke into my room while i was sleeping, they used a key. My money was stolen. The manger and the owner, father and daughter were rude. Blamed me. I was told, you are a black american girl and you come to the island and pick up men, that is why you got robbed. They did nothing to help out. The hotel is not safe and the owner and his daughter (the manager) could care less about the safety of their guests. They still charged me for the two nights I spent in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
10  Thank rhenwv
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We stayed at The Sandpiper for the second time this month.
We love the small intamacy of these accommodations. the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. These things brought us back to the sandpiper for a second time. While we were there, a group had booked 3/4 of the place for a 7 day getaway. They had a bbq and invited the rest of the guest at the sandpiper. It was fun. While we know things to do on the island. The Girls on the front desk always helped us plan our day out. We found the beach across the street to be very convenient with a 5 min walk away. The Swizzle inn is a 2 min walk to the left of the sandpiper . I will return to the sandpiper again in October. I am glad I have found this place and I give it thumbs up for its great location, intamacy and price.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Perts
Reviewed July 17, 2007

We stayed at the Sandpiper for a few nights in the 3rd week of July 2007. The rooms are basic, as advertised, and have been described in other rooms. The huge problem with this place is the recurring robberies from rooms. While we were there, 2 young women staying in an adjoining room has their wallets stolen from their room at night WHILE they were sleeping in the room!! The audacity to break in to someone's room while they are in there is just too much! The staff didn't seem surprised or too concerned about this. They didn't even inform/warn the other residents so we could take adequate precautions, which I think is very irresponsible.

We slept our final night with 2 chairs barring the door and it was a very disturbed sleep as you can imagine. As you can see from other reviews, there is a recurring them of burglary and I advise my fellow travelers to choose alternate accommodation in order to fully enjoy the beautiful country of Bermuda

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TheBlackAdder
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Four middle aged couples recently stayed at the Sandpiper in early July. Time of stay ranged from 5 nights to 8 nights Each couple had been to Bermuda various times before. We found the Sandpiper to be an affordable, simple & clean and centrally located guest house. Some rooms seemed a bit better than others but all were OK. The kitchenettes are great for breakfasts and snacks and storing food. lt provides the basic utensils, plates, glassware etc. (Food etc.can be purchased less than a mile away at a small supermarket). The 5-cup coffee makers are very nice to have in room. The bathrooms were simple & clean. A hairdryer was in our bathroom. Our room had a security box. (This was inconveniently located above the top shelf in the closet),

The pool and pool area are so-so in our opinion. The common courtyard area is nice, great for group breakfasts and happy hours but quite close to the main road as is the pool. The Sandpiper has both charcoal and gas grills, seemed in good shape (were used by others.)

The staff is friendly and helped us when needed calling for taxis or seeking local information.

It is located within very easy walking distance of the new branch of the Swizzle Inn, easy walking distance to a gas station & 7/11 type store and easy walking distance to a bus stop. We rented scooters and other than the hill up to the road it was fine with easy parking. Its location made for easy commutes to Hamilton, Horseshoe Bay beach and other fun areas of the Island.

If you are looking for an affordable place to stay, conveniently located, the Sandpiper might be just the right place.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2007

My husband and I just got back from a 5 night stay at the Sanpiper Inn. We are not fans of large resorts and do not usually take advantage of all that they offer. I was looking for a self-catering room that allowed us to fix breakfast for ourselves and serve as a base for exploring the island. I started searching for a place probably two months before our trip – June 29 thru July 4 – and came up a little short on options.

The Sandpiper Inn worked fine; it is a VERY basic inn right on the South Shore Road. The lawn and pool area are small and noisy – we never hung out here. The room was clean and adequately equipped; the bathroom was in need of some upgrades but got the job done. We had a lower studio facing the street that had little to no privacy. One of the upper rooms would have been much nicer – ask for a room on the second floor with a balcony.

The Swizzle Inn – basic bar food at a reasonable price, lunch $40 dinner $60 for two– is located next store and there is a gas station with decent mini mart a short walk away. The bus stops in front of the gas station and the Swizzle Inn – very convenient. Access to Marley’s beach is just past the Swizzle Inn – take the road with the ‘Southlands’ gate – we probably were trespassing but we never saw anyone else on the beach. Great early morning swim! I would of preferred something with a bit more atmosphere and quieter. We did save a bit by not staying at one of the large resorts but sacrificed some of our time by having to travel around for lunches and dinners - you will get no where quick on the island.

My recommendation would be to try to get one of the other inns that have a bit higher review, look into the resorts – having everything you need right there may be nice, and if the Sandpiper is the only thing you are left with, no worries it is clean and close to the south shore beaches.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple