“Home away from home.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Warwick Parish
Clairfont Apartments
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Warwick Parish
Lindale, Texas
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary in Bermuda. We stayed a week and wanted a place that was more like home than a hotel. This was just perfect and was close to several beaches including Horseshoe Bay (our favorite). The service was great. Corrine went out of her way to help us.

This is not a five-star hotel, but it had all we needed and was comfortable. Please note that all the units are furnished differently---some better than others. Ours was one of the older ones and has a very small hot water heater so I would recommend you not stay in that particular unit. I think the unit number is 3.

You may want to visit a little later than May. The water was too cold to get in for us. Try June or July for warmer water. It will be gorgeous no matter when you travel. We have been to Hawaii twice, and I really think these beaches are as beautiful if not more so than Hawaii. The sand is great to walk barefoot and Bermuda is just more of a laid back atmosphere than Hawaii. We took the bus and ferry everywhere and always had a ride within 10-15 minutes. It was very relaxing.

I would never get a Moped---looks too dangerous on those narrow roads and they drive on the left. A good place to eat just good American food is Paraquet (pronounced parakeet). Nothing fancy or too expensive, just good food. I do not recommend any beef in Bermuda. We tried one hamburger and it tasted wild. No problem with chicken or fish. A real nice sandwich shop is The Lemon Tree in Hamilton. Great chicken salad and homemade bread. Have fun!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank penshay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Clarfont Apartments, Corrine and the rest of the staff are a class act. The pre-arrival information and immediate briefing was absolutely excellent and familiarised us with the do's and don'ts. Warwick Long Bay Beach has to be the finest beach in Bermuda. Crowded means somebody being less than 20 metres away from you. The tropical fish there and the nearby coves are fantastic. Certainly will return. Stavros (Tanzania), Jennifer (Ireland) and Thomas (South Africa).

Room Tip: Perfect, nothing to add
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Aki S
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Not as nice as people say! Stayed here for a week and found a cockroach everyday during the whole week.... You better get ready to get the room cleaned - like it or not, because the maid will get in the room no matter what, she will not take a no for an answer. The manager was seldom there. Stayed here in 2008 but I wanted to get this off my chest, hope things have changed. Be mindful that every room is different.

Room Tip: Get it somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Pedro0045
Sharon
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We just returned from 12 great days at the Clairfont in Bermuda. The property is located in Warwick and close to all the south shore beaches. The property is very clean and our unit had a fully equiped kitchen, bedroom with a King size bed and separate sleeping area for our children. The pool area is clean and very peaceful. Corrine the manager is fantastic and very attentive to all our needs. They also provide a charcoal grill and beach chairs. We can't wait to return sometime soon!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jetsetsun
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have received two free flight vouchers from AirTran Airlines when I volunteered off of an oversold flight about two months ago. When the pending merger with Southwest Airlines, I wanted to the use the coupons up. The wife expressed never having gone to Bermuda (I'd been three times before), so we made flight reservations for the island.

When I looked up hotels, my eyes rolled into the top of my head. We are not just talking average expensive in the $180+ range. We are talking nightly rates at some hotels that I had never heard of ranging $300+, and the ones I did know well about were reaching $400 a night. I thought, "these people are nuts".

Did an internet query for cheap Bermuda hotels and a website showed Clairfont Apartment as one of three properties to consider. Since I knew from previous experience that I wanted to stay in Warwick Parish, this place was chosen. Reviews on tripadvisor.com were consistent in good ratings and we achieved a rate with the manager of around $150 for three nights.

A website indicated how expensive food is on the island (3 times the u.s.a price for groceries) so we actually packed a small bag, checked it with allowable foods for three days.

Left Atlanta on a plane with only 31 passengers (everyone grabbed their favorite seat) with temperatures in the high 90's and arrived in Bermuda with beautiful skies and temperatures running in the lower 80's and a nice breeze. The cab driver sent for us was gone, because passengers from a more crowded Delta flight also from Atlanta, jumped in front us before we made it to immigration. Fortunately a cab coordinator called the driver back, but we had to wait 30 minutes all by ourselves (everyone else had been picked up).

The island is not very big, but with small winding roads and a market stop to pick up meats, milk and margarine, it took about 50 minutes to get to the apartments. NOTE: Know what you want when making that market stop, our casual pace cost almost $18 more, for a total of almost $46 for that cab fare. We are walking to the airport when we leave (well, I guess not).

Location:
Clairfont is an rental apartment complex, located on the western side of the island, just off of South Road. Here are the gps coordinates (n32 15 b35.78,w64 48 37.32) to put into google map or google earth to find the property exactly. Warwick park is located a quick two minute walk up the hill to South Road and Warwick Long Bay (a beautiful beach) is located less than a 5 minute walk down South Road to the west. There are no significant restaurants around the lodging, it is mainly other homes and apartments. Also for transportation you will either have to depend on the bus ($2.50 each way), which stops near the top of the hill or very expensive taxis. My favorite way is the scooter which runs about $50 a day. Work well as long as you can remember to drive on the left.

Building:
Consist of about 8 units I think and is very popular because of its price. It has been well maintained on the outside (I realized I had stayed here more than 10 years ago when I saw the place) and the infrastructure seemed solid.

Interior:
It is an apartment, not a hotel room. So the wall are definitely made a strong cinder block and I saw no wear and tear on the physical structure. Our unit consisted of two rooms. The living room had a table with three chairs, a basic lounge type chair and two beds that also acted as couches. Two people could comfortable sleep in this room. The kitchen had an electric four burner stove, oven, microwave, regular carribbean size refrigerator (3/4 the U.S. size), white cabinets and tile floors. It was very clean, although the furniture had some wear, but was relatively fine.

Bedroom:
It had a queen size bed in there, a regular tv, dresser and sufficient closet space. It had a huge sliding glass door, which led to a balcony, which provided a great view of the surroundings. The bathroom serves both rooms in the unit. so you must share with your friends that you left out front.
Saw not significant issues with it at all, but it was still a basic unit. However, remember compared to the others you are getting a good deal.

Other Items:
Corrine the manager was very helpful and provided an orientation to us about the area, where to go and suggested some things to do. We walked down to the beach after arriving and the people seem to be genuinely friendly. Watch for cars, these locals drive very fast and it is a little disorienting when you have to remember they are coming at you from your side of the road first.

Summary:
No, I do not like paying this much for anyone's lodging, but when compared to the fancier ones, I think this qualifies as a 'value', instead of a bargain because it puts you in a good spot for all of your activities.

Room Tip: Bermuda is still laid back, but really, really expensive. So review your options.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lifetraveler1
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed 6 nights at the Clairfont in June. Had a wonderful time and would highly recommend staying here. Corrine arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the airport and gave us a great orientation when we arrived. The room was very clean. The Clairfront is located in an ideal location. Beautiful beaches were across the street and the central location made it easy to go to either end of the island. We used the bus system for the first couple days. After that we rented scooters for more freedom to explore the island. I was a little nervous about riding the scooter after reading some reviews about accidents but we didn't have a problem and had a blast riding them. However, I would not recommend riding them at night or during rush hour. We would love to return to Bermuda and definitely would stay at the Clairfront.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank funtotravel14
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I have pre-selected the accommodation based on the guide, but the final decision was based on Trip Advisor. I approved that was the good decision, at least for us. It was a long trip from Czech Republic (Middle Europe) to see those pink beaches. I wanted to have clean and quit accommodation close to the best beaches. The beaches are really nice and Corrine's hospitality is also very pleasant.

Room Tip: Level 1 rooms have more privacy
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Pompano Beach Club
Pompano Beach Club
#1 of 3 in Southampton Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,373 reviews

Been to Clairfont Apartments? Share your experiences!