Fairmont Southampton(Southampton Parish)
Royal Palms Hotel(Hamilton)
Book now, pay at stay
US$405
Hotels.com
Elbow Beach, Bermuda(Paget Parish)
US$721
US$635
Priceline
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$485
HotelsClick
US$2,115
US$940
Pompano Beach Club(Southampton Parish)
TripAdvisor
1,184 results
All reviewsocean echocliffside roominfinity poolaqua terrapoolside roomla serena spapoint suiteprivate beachromance packagecliff sidecoconuts restaurantafternoon teahot tubdinner on the beachjunior suiteour honeymoonsnorkel equipment
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful 20th anniversary trip to The Reefs July 1-8. As they told us in an e-mail, there was a driver waiting for us when we arrived. (We had purchased the romance package so round trip transfers were included.) We enjoyed the ride to The Reefs, soaking in the beautiful Bermuda scenery. We checked in to our room right away, even though we arrived around 1. We had booked a Longtail Suite - all of the Point Suites were taken. There are pluses and minuses to the room. On the plus side, it has a very spacious bathroom. Love the L'Occitane products as well. The bed was probably the most comfortable that we have ever slept in as well. Even more than our own bed at home! And tons of closet space! We didn't use the sitting room at all. Usually, when we've stayed in a suite, the sitting room has been next to the patio/deck and in this case, it wasn't. I wouldn't necessarily book the same room again for this reason, though I did like the size of the bedroom and bathroom. We found our patio to be small but we still enjoyed sitting out there and looking at the ocean. We also liked the location of the room - closest room to the beach! And don't worry about Coconuts being close by - we had no problem sleeping. (Other than adjusting to the tree frogs - that took one night to get used to!) Though the decor is a bit tired, I knew that going. We visited the Fairmont and my husband and I agreed that we wouldn't want the corporate hotel look for our trip - we preferred The Reefs. (I had stayed at the Fairmont when it was the Princess - about 6 times as a kid.)

The people that work at The Reefs are wonderful. Last summer we spent 2 weeks at The Four Seasons (4S) in Maui and Lana'i and don't get me wrong - The Reefs staff do not have the corporate polish of 4S, but they provide wonderful service. The are a reason to return - not stay away.

My husband and I both enjoyed the food at the Reefs. The breakfast buffet was wonderful - couldn't have been better. And THE BEST restaurant coffee ever. So impressed by that. I eat vegan/vegetarian and I easily ate vegetarian at The Reefs. The dinner chefs were so easy to work with. Coconuts has amazing salads that I ate for lunch every day. (And the best fries!) We loved all of our meals.

I took a bus to the pier and got some great gifts at the Pottery and Glass stores. All these gifts are made in Bermuda - love that! You should definitely take a trip there for souvenirs.

The beach at The Reefs is beautiful. As a runner, I missed having a long beach to run on (it's only a 1/10th of a mile) but that's okay - each holiday is different.

We settled into vacation mode quickly and we didn't want to leave - we will return to The Reefs (possibly rent one of the ownership units) with our kids.

I'd give the hotel 4.5 stars but I can't so I gave it a 4. It's fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaseyandRileysMom
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We just returned from The Reefs and had a wonderful long weekend - I booked a ocean view room directly with The Reefs which included the Mod America plan with breakfast, tea and dinner. We arrived at noon but check in wasn't until 3pm and our room wasn't ready. My husband and I felt a little slighted that there was a couple checking in in front of us who were asked to sit down, were treated with rum swizzles, property info etc and we were told by the other person working the desk that we could go to the beach or something and 'check back in an hour or two' to see if the room was ready. To make a long story short, our room wasn't ready till 4pm and when we went in, the room had a patio that overlooked the club pool, not a direct ocean view. I went back to the front desk and explained how we had been waiting and I had paid extra to not look at the pool - and within 15 minutes we were moved to a cliffside room with direct ocean view. That awesome view of the aqua water and pink sand made our whole stay worthwhile. We enjoyed the complimentary Dark and Stormy drinks in our room. The food at Coconuts was terrific, we splurged on dinner on the beach and it was absolutely beautiful with impeccable service. Dinner at Roystons was nice, with attentive service and an interesting menu. Breakfasts were good, plenty of food but this is where you felt how packed the resort was - you are supposed to wait to be seated, which we did, but when we got back to our table someone else was sitting there so the hostess stashed us in a corner nearby where the waiter with coffee was saying "Why are you at this table, it isn't set up for breakfast" - so there just seemed to be a lot of confusion and reminded me of being on a cruise ship. Our last night was July 4th and we had our last dinner at the Independence Day buffet which was just like a cruise ship meal as well - we were invited to a rum swizzle party before dinner but they took the ladle and glasses away as we were standing there so missed out there too. Overall, the location is beautiful and the view is spectacular, we were told that the staff wasn't allowed to have a day off the 2 weeks prior to July 4th b/c the resort was so booked - and that seemed to fit what we saw as inconsistencies. As an endnote, we booked spa services and the spa staff were so polite, friendly, kind, considerate - we left the spa so relaxed that our 'cruise ship' dinner didn't really matter. Go to The Reefs - just not during super busy times!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bustudent
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Three generations of our family stayed at The Reefs this past May. The food was excellent, the staff professional and charming, and the grounds were beautiful. There were activies to engage every age in our group.
Because it is built into the side of a limestone cliff, there are many steps and stairs in order to navigate the property. I would not recommend a stay at The Reefs for anyone physically challenged.
This is our 5th trip to Bermuda. We found The Reefs to the best place we have stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ElaineMattituck_NY
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Attended a wedding being held at The Reefs. Had lunch at Coconuts it was fantastic. While I did not stay in the hotel most of the family did and they treated us as if we did as well. Spent the whole day there. Service was incredible, food was excellent, views amazing. Kayaked, swam, went in the pool. Pina coladas were the best I had ever had!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Just got back from the Reefs in Bermuda. We had a great time. The food, ambience, and service were more than we expected. The Reefs is a world class resort that was highly recommended to me and I wasn't disappointed. Rooms could use updating but that shouldn't discourage anyone from going to the Reefs.

• Stayed: June 2011