1,201 results
All reviewsocean echocliffside roominfinity poolaqua terrapoolside roomla serena spapoint suiteprivate beachromance packagecliff sidecoconuts restaurantafternoon teahot tubdinner on the beachjunior suiteour honeymoonsnorkel equipment
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We recently returned from our first trip to Bermuda, where we stayed at The Reefs. The hotel was beautiful, our room had a spectacular view, the food was incredible and the staff/service was second to none. We are already trying to find a good excuse to escape to The Reefs again and have recommended it to all of our friends. We can't wait to see the completed club suites!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank jacpm
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Though the Reefs is in the category of higher-priced accommodations, when you look at the total deal it is a great value. We took advantage of the 400th anniversary special and received a $400 credit for staying 4 nights. The room we stayed in was beautiful and updated. The service, as already mentioned, was superb and we appreciated being called by name from the moment we were met and greeted at the airport. Our experience with the front desk and all the staff was extremely positive. When you consider the cost of fine dining, the reefs MAP plan - full breakfast, afternoon "tea" (smoked salmon sandwiches and much more), and amazing dinners, add up to a significant portion of the room rate, making the rooms and the resort really a very good deal. The location is perfect whether travelling by scooter or bus (we did both).
The construction on site was obvious as we first arrived, but very quickly it was barely noticeable.
The Reefs was everything we hoped it would be.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank edgeplus
Reviewed May 21, 2009

My 17 year old daughter and I spent 5 days at The Reefs in April. This was my first trip to this hotel - I'd previously stayed at Cambridge Beaches (but hadn't been to Bermuda in about 15 years), and I think I liked The Reefs better. The staff was wonderful - very helpful and genuinely friendly (no empty "have a nice day" sendoffs). The facilities are lovely and well tended. During our stay, there was an influx of Portuguese man o'war fish on the island, but at The Reefs, someone patrolled the beach every day and removed them. We stayed in one of the least expensive rooms (overlooking the pool) and I found it quite nice. I think the description by a few others as the rooms being "tired" is a little harsh, although I do agree that the bathroom could have used an update. The food was quite good and we were able to take advantage of the dine around plan and ate one night each at Cambridge Beaches and Pompano Beach. I think if we had stayed at The Reefs each night, the menu might have gotten boring. We also took full advantage of the spa which made the trip even more relaxing. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank soozeeq
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We just returned from a lovely 4 night stay at The Reefs. This was our first time to Bermuda and we picked The Reefs because we've been staying at their sister hotel in Nevis the past few years. The setting is spectacular with a stunning view from every location, including our room.

Ah the room, this was by far our biggest disappointment. As echoed in other reviews, the room was smallish, dank, dated and very, very tired .The bathrooms were even more disappointing, however everything was very clean. Public areas = luxury resort, your room, not so much. We fully expected the rooms to be on par with those at Nisbet and they were miles apart.

This was our first experience with a meal plan (it's really your only option) and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was very good even if the menus are a bit limited and similar to each other, but we felt the overall value was there. In general the service was excellent especially in the restaurants and on the beach. The only negative was the front desk staff, who were clueless and seemed to begrudingly help you. Our interactions were limited but we had some minor issues with them both in communications before and during our stay.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. If we could find another, small boutique hotel in a similar setting with more updated rooms, we would probably take that option. If not, then I would stay at the Reefs again. (I suspect there are not similar options - thus they get away with the old rooms)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ACKBoston
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I spent four days at The Reefs, in Southampton, Bermuda. It is not the glitz and glam of the big luxury hotels, but the personalized attention and the family-like atmosphere are much more valuable than gigantic chandeliers and waiters in black tie.

This is not to say that The Reefs does not provide all that one wants of a high-end vacation hotel, because it does. The dining rooms are excellent, offering imaginitive and delicious dishes and a well-stocked wine cellar; the lobby, bar and patio are very nicely decorated; the gym and beach house contain everything one needs, and the rooms are sumptuous with beautiful big beds and fine linens. And then there's dipping into the infinity pool at sunset....

But what really stands out are two things; the beautiful location on a small cove with fabulous views of the sunset, and the incredibly friendly atmosphere. Many people seem to return year after year for good reason. From the moment you walk in the door, you feel like you are truly welcome and part of something special. It's the small things...the joking with the staff, not having to tell the bartender your room number because he not only knows your room but what you'll be ordering; having the staff refer to you by name. I am now part of The Reefs family and will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends