Fairmont Southampton(Southampton Parish)
US$368
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$481/night.

Willowbank Resort(Somerset Village)
Cambridge Beaches(Sandys Parish)
US$479
Royal Palms Hotel(Hamilton)
US$405
Elbow Beach, Bermuda(Paget Parish)
US$575
Pompano Beach Club(Southampton Parish)
Hotels.com
1,192 results
All reviewsocean echocliffside roominfinity poolaqua terrapoolside roomla serena spapoint suiteprivate beachromance packagecliff sidecoconuts restaurantafternoon teahot tubdinner on the beachjunior suiteour honeymoonsnorkel equipment
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Excellent Hotel, exceptional service, great location, great food...10 out of 10! Complete package if your looking for a true Bermuda experience. the small details are what make this hotel special. From check in to check out the staff remembers your name and treats everyone special.
Bianca
Oggie
Andrew
all exceptional!

Room Tip: Cliff side, last 2 buildings are the best!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
TheReefs-Management, Manager at The Reefs, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Matt A,

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate that you loved your stay and can't wait to share your comments with the whole team, especially Bianca, Oggie and Andrew.

We hope to welcome you back again for another anniversary trip!

Reviewed September 8, 2017

This was our second stay at the resort. We traveled with another couple and hope to make this an annual trip for many years. The Reefs is one of the welcoming places I have ever stayed at. The staff is so polite, genuine, and happy. They go above and beyond to make sure your stay is pleasant. If you are looking for a place that has a beautiful beach, impeccable service, wonderful food, and on the quieter side this is the place! There is some evening entertainment but not the hopping nightlife other resorts may have. We have stayed in both the poolside and cliff side rooms and both are nice. The cliff side rooms cost a little more but view is specatacular. The Reefs is not cheap but not that much more expensive than some of the bigger resorts. It is well worth the extra to stay at this special place!

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room in the place just depends on what someone wants to spend.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattyc212017

Dear pattc212017,

Thank you for your great review, we are delighted that you have plans to join our Repeat Guest group! Thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, the rooms and the views, but most importantly about the staff. We are incredibly thankful to have such a hard working group of people with us that truly care about our guests' experiences and go above and beyond to be friendly and personable. I am glad that it shows and I look forward to sharing your accolades with them.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing your new yearly tradition continue in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2017

I stayed at the reefs 8/26-8/30 and rented a 2 bedroom club suite with another couple. We have stayed at this resort another time about 7 years ago when that section was still under construction. I have to say If you can, try to rent in club suite section (residences). It was absolutely stunning. The suite had a million dollar view and was beautifuly furnished. There is a full kitchen and were able to order some grocerys prior to our arrival which was a nice feature. This area is private so only owners or the people that rent there can only access the area. It's a whole separate area with pool, fire pits, bar and restaurant. It felt special and exclusive which was lovely.

The way to access the beach is down a very long staircase about 60 steps, (yes I counted) So if you have any physical issues this could be a problem. This didn't bother me one bit. The beach is out of this world. We have stayed at other places in Bermuda and this beach is by far my favorite. Beautiful water and amazing snorkeling right off the beach. Beach service was very attentive, never had to wait to have someone come by and ask if we needed anything.

We dined at the resort quite a bit. The restaurant coconuts is fabulous, great selection and everything was fresh and delicious. We are there daily for lunch and once for dinner. Also the view is something not to miss. The staff was always pleasant and service was prompt. We had daily breakfast inside the resort which was average. A standard omlette station and some items like scrambled eggs bacon waffles etc. I think maybe they could make it a bit nicer, more fruit, granola, Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, better breads like a whole grain. The overall layout could also be displayed a bit nicer. Also maybe a fresh juice or healthy smoothie area. Just some ideas. I would note that you can order items off the menu like eggs Benedict if you prefer not to do the buffet.

The main hotel bar is not really utilized much. It's a very pretty area to sit and I think they could do more events there. Saturday night they do have a special event there with a band and it was lively and fun. The other nights it would close at 10 which I thought was a bit early. They could do more special event nights or advertise specials. The resort also has a beautiful deck area overlooking the ocean at the end of resort past coconuts. That is totally underutilized. They could host so many fun cocktail events there. Sunset viewing with cocktails or even a reserved special dinning option. I think this space is reserved for special events like weddings however it was not being used at all from what I saw.

I noticed some things that were very different from our last visit years ago. First and most notable is families. I'm assuming with the addition of the residences it increased the amount of families that would vacation here. I always thought of Bermuda and this resort in particular more being catered to adults. That has completely changed. I have no particular opinion on this it's just something to note if you are planning an adults only trip. The pool situation can get a bit sticky with children because it's a small pool. During our visit we found that the pool in the residences seemed over run with small kids. It was not a place to relax so we found ourself at the beach more. I believe it's just more noticeable because the smaller size of the pool. We went to a happy hour one evening and there were people with infants there. Personally I think they may need to have some more adults only areas. Another thing to note is the dress code. In the past men had to wear collared shirts and no hats while dining inside the main restaurant. That is not the case, flip flops tshirts and people that appear to have just rolled out of bed was rampant during breakfast. These are just my observations.

In conclusion, The Reefs is overall an amazing resort. We enjoyed it so much are considering coming again for next year. The resort and beach are spectacular and would recommend to anyone looking for a place to vacation in Bermuda.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom club suite
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsizzy

Dear mrsizzy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review, I really appreciate your time and insight. I am so pleased that you found your experience in the Club Two Bedroom Suite so enjoyable. I appreciate your kind words regarding the views, the décor and your wonderful experiences at Coconuts for lunch and dinner. The summer does tend to bring more families and we strive to provide an enjoyable experience for both families and couples all year round. Thank you for your ideas regarding the deck and terrace space. As we typically do a fair number of weddings in these areas, we tend not to schedule weekly events, but pop up events might be a great idea, thank you!

Thank you again and we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a third visit to The Reefs next year.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Reefs for our Honeymoon under the 5 night 5 day romance package and it was spectacular. It is a quiet, peaceful place with incredible customer service and a small family feel! We really enjoyed meeting other guests but it is also totally the place to come and be quiet and unwind if you aren't the social type.

The rooms are smaller than we expected but just lovely views and super quiet and amazing access to the beach and pool. The people who work here work so hard and we were treated wonderfully!

We will definitely be back to the Reefs and highly recommend it for couples, not so much a family place though there were a few well behaved kids and babies so that was okay too. I highly recommend the beach dinner and the food at the main dining area was amazing. Coconuts is great for a drink though the food there is not as good.

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did! Definitely go cliff side or if you can junior suite. We did cliff side and may stay junior suite next time for even more space and quiet.

No matter what you won't regret your trip to the Reefs; it's an amazing Oasis!! Oh and I definitely recommend the meal plans so it's all included and you don't have to worry about it! Make all the reservations right when you get there or before if you can as the peak times fill up!! Oh and you can order breakfast off a menu which has amazing eggs Benedict!! Now I'm ready to go back talking about it all!!

Enjoy!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DreamEm2

Dear DreamEm2,

Thank you for your wonderful review and congratulations again on your marriage! We are honored that you chose The Reefs as your honeymoon destination and I am happy that you found everything to be so enjoyable. We do see both families and couples and work hard to offer something for both groups, so I was happy that you felt you could be social or alternatively get quiet time as well. I am delighted that you found most of your meals so enjoyable and look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. The Meal Plans are a great value and it is wonderful to see our guests enjoying the many options at the resort so much.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back for many anniversaries to come.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

This was a 5 day family getaway. We had rooms overlooking the private beach, the food at the restaurants was great and the staff - very friendly. But it was the little things that really left an impression: the snacks and cool towels that were brought around on the beach during the day, the owner of the Reefs mingling with the guests during afternoon tea and dinner, the staff calling you by your name. You weren't lost in the shuffle like in the big resorts. This was our second visit to the Reefs and it will definitely not be our last! Looking forward to coming back in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 20mjw

Dear 20mjw,

I was delighted to read your review and see that you enjoyed all of the small touches that make The Reefs so special. Our team truly believes in personalized service and we always want to ensure that all of our guests feel like they are at a home away from home. Thank you for your kind words and I am eager to share them with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits to your Bermuda home in the future!