It's not a four-star place by any means, but it was roomy and comfortable and had A/C and a full kitchen, not to mention it's a four-minute hike through a freakin' rainforest to the beach! For $50/night, what more could you ask for? It's not a luxury suite, but you're not paying for a luxury suite. For B$1.25 you can take the Zedar to Bridgetown and do all your shopping, and if you insist on a taxi, it'll cost you B$15 to get back. You can just as easily go to the Zedar station and ask for Blackrock, and you'll get dropped off by the TigerMart gas station and walk through the park to get back to the Walmer. The Walmer is very close to a few different restaurants, but you'll definitely want to eat at Bridgetown or St. Lawrence Gap. I loved the Walmer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A serene and peaceful vacation on our beautiful West Coast is yours for the taking at Walmer Lodge. Just 50 yards from your balcony is a lovely white sandy beach, a panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea and our tropical garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Walmer Lodge Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walmer Lodge Apartments Hotel Bridgetown
- Walmer Lodge Apartments Barbados/Bridgetown