“Great Beach but worthless Showers”

Copacabana Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #21 of 143 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Description: Always a happy ending.
Description: Always a happy ending.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We LOVED Copacabana Beach! We rented two chairs and an umbrella (which we had to put up ourselves) but spent most of our time in the water which was wonderful! White white sand, beautiful aqua, turquoise water. No need for water shoes as the bottom was soft and sandy. We did purchase drinks at the bar but there was no service on the beach. Don’t bother with the showers - barely a trickle. The restroom facilities were nice and clean.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The day started off nice as we arrived early and enjoyed a seat at the first row, of several rows, on the beach. Menus were displayed although we never saw any service. After a lovely swim we were greeted with nine or ten very loud people sharing two beach chairs. So much for a peaceful day. We retreated to the restaurant for a break. Barbados is full of the most friendly people you will ever meet-none of whom work at the Copacabana. My flying fish sandwich was way over-cooked and the worst I had on the island. Lesson learned-never go to a place that caters to cruise ships.

1  Thank BoilerDaveNH
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We cruised to Barbados and asked the cab driver where we should go. Kris took us to Copacabana. We were met right out of the cab by John. We paid $25/person which included $20 worth of food and/or drink, an umbrella and a chair. If you didn't want a chair or umbrella (or food or drinks) it was free to get in to use the beach. The food was good.

The beach is absolutely beautiful. The water is crystal clear. I snorkeled and had no problem with visibility even in very deep water. I didn't see much other than a few fish here and there but it was just absolutely spectacular.

People come up and down the beach trying to get you to go jet skiing and take a turtle snorkel encounter. John quoted us a price of $15/person but the people from the boat were quoting anywhere from $20 to $25/person so keep asking and negotiate with them. My daughter went jet skiing which was $40 for a half hour. We asked people who did the turtle trip but they didn't see any turtles.

All in all, it was the perfect day. I can't wait to go back to Barbados.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I came here for the day with friends. We spent the day on the beach and in and out of the bar to get drinks.

The drinks were good value.

We enjoyed lunch here, the lunch was good portion sizes. Nice tasty food and a good variety.

The staff were chatty, friendly and helpful.

The location is accessible from the road and easy to find.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

My friend and I were here for a day during a cruise. We rented two chairs and an umbrella for ~$20USD and were there from around 9 AM to 3 PM. The rates were very comparable to others we saw in the area. The beach in Carlisle Bay is BEAUTIFUL and having the chairs was great. Having the umbrella was a necessity with the HOT sun on us all day.

We did order food and drinks from the waiter that was walking around the beach chairs. Service was SLOW. As we were there hanging out all day, it wasn't a terrible inconvenience, however, if you're in a hurry it would be annoying. Food and drinks were reasonably priced. Everything was delicious and delivered right to our chairs. I believe they automatically charge gratuity so don't double tip!

They also had free Wi-Fi which was nice as we weren't paying for Wi-Fi on our ship. To access it, I had to "check in" at the Copacabana on Facebook. My friend was able to connect on her iPhone without it.

One thing that did annoy us were the people trying to sell items or boat rides/jetskis/snorkling on the beach. They would walk in and out of the rows of chairs yelling about whatever they were selling every so often. Not sure if this is something at every local beach or if the restaurant has any control over this.

If you're looking to spend a day at the beach and aren't in a hurry, I recommend Copacabana!

2  Thank Jerseygirl422