Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
US$570
US$371
Fairmont.com
Beach View(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$205
Hotels.com
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa All Inclusive(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$294
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$340/night.

US$161
US$136
  • Pool
Mango Bay All Inclusive(Holetown)(Great Value!)
US$395
US$371
US$484
US$270
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$342/night.

All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$79
  • Pool
Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$464
US$212
Travelocity
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$519
US$363
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$423/night.

Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$624
US$570
Hotels.com
All reviewscoral reef clubsorbetgarden roomtennis coachone bedroom suitebeach barrepeat guestssister hotelsmall kitchenhotel restaurantmy wife and i have justfish potwater sportstennis courtssmall hotelsandy laneluxury hotel
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed hear on our first visit to barbados overall we had a pleasant relaxing stay rooms were nice but needing repair bathrooms needed updating. First impressions of the beach was not great when we were walking there was empty bear bottles and someone had walked there dog on the beach and did not pick up after him. The resort is very close to the road I would make sure you do not stay on that side. Gym was not great a little depressing to work out in. Overall food was okay. We have been to barbados many times and although expensive we think for the extra money Sandylane is the most amazing hotel on the island.

Room Tip: Do not book a room close to the road.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TorontoSpagirl
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was my first visit to the Sandpiper since 2000. During that time the hotel has doubled in size with a new number of rooms built on newly acquired land. In 2000 I stayed then because of the low key intimate appeal of the Sandpiper. I am pleased to advise that in 2012 the enlarged hotel retains the low-key, luxury appeal.

There is no doubt in my mind that the long term family ownership lus excellent long term manager have ensured that high standard have been maintained and indeed improved upon. I would recommend the Sandpiper to travellers who can afford Sandy Lane and appreciate the Barbadian definition of luxury, but dont want the celebrity culture of Sandy Lane.

My highlights of my stay with my partner in a one bedroom suite:

- although I stayed in one of the older suites, this had been modernised nicely with brand new bathroom.

- restaurant was excellent - breakfast buffet superb and thanks to the chef for tolerating my porridge request every day. Dinner was par with the best west coast restuarants. Great wine list

- beach was small and very relaxing, but with plenty of water sports available (note beaches in Barbados are public but the Sandpiper staff ensure you are not bothered by vendors)

- Harolds beach bar was excellent. Cant recommend his Sue Slinger cocktail enough for a non-alcoholic drink.

- Reception staff were superb. Nothing was too much trouble.

- Gym fairly basic but adequate for my needs and better than having to walk to sister hotel Coral Reef. Peak time was four people using the gym.

- No TV in room policy is fantastic. This is Barbados - switch off...

- .. saying that free wi-fi most appreciated.

No real negatives. Minor misunderstanding when I was refused a drink in the beach bar of the sister hotel was quickly and swiftly dealt with by Sandpiper management, who are rightly proud of the hotel they run.

I firmly believe you get what you pay for in life and the Sandpiper is no exception. I look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Go for the one bedroom suites if you can afford them
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SonnyCrock
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Sandpiper is clearly an extremely well managed property, the staff and service in general really impress. The facility itself is nice enough, but can feel a bit cramped when full due to the number of guests milling around. Our room was modern and very nice. Not sure about the 'no TV' policy when there's quite loud panpipe or easy listening music playing adeles greatest hits every night. Our room was right by the live music meaning it wasn't easy to get a quiet night, but to the hotels credit they moved and even upgraded us when we complained.

The beach strip is extremely narrow and consequently can be quite busy, but I think this is quite common in Barbados. I really liked the gym though, it was done up sparsely but had exactly what was needed.

We did book directly and I dont think we got the best rate accordingly, as relative to other places we stayed the price seemed quite high given the facilities. Clearly this is a hotel with a number of repeat customers, and you can see the staff do invest a lot of time in building a genuine relationship with the guests.

Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Richkangaroo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

if you are looking to go to the carribean and visit a hotel that truly understands amazing customer service, decor, amazing food and how to truly create an environment for relaxation, then Sandpiper is your choice!!

Room Tip: the one bedroom suite is truly amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I couldn't imagine going back to Barbados and not staying at the Sandpiper. We had an amazing time. From the beginning to the end this hotel did not let us down. The staff and the service provided was exceptional - Lee-Jay on reception and Harold at the beach bar were only too happy to help. Sunday night's BBQ had an enjoyable relaxing atmosphere, although gentlemen are required to wear long trousers which we thought was a bit formal. Our room was a one-bed suite with balcony - giving us the space to enjoy drinks outside whilst the sun went down; and enjoy breakfast (delivered to the room at no extra charge) whilst the sun came up. We didn't use the pool - the beach is right there and with complimentary water sports. Yes a lot of people seemed to know each other, or, perhaps everyone was just being friendly - which is refreshing. If you want to enjoy the Sandpiper experience even more get a suite - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple