The Sandpiper
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa All Inclusive(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$261
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$304/night.

Beach View(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$205
US$495
US$450
US$162
US$146
  • Pool
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
US$655
US$433
Fairmont.com
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Pool
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$592
US$570
Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$464
US$422
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$522/night.

Mango Bay All Inclusive(Holetown)(Great Value!)
US$526
US$483
  • Breakfast included
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$570
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoral reef clubsorbetgarden roomtennis coachone bedroom suitesister hotelbeach barrepeat guestssmall kitchenmy wife and i have justfish potturn down servicetennis courtssmall hotelwithin easy walking distanceluxury hotelwater sports
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Second visit to the Sandpiper in Barbados returning to a friendly home from home atmosphere was so refreshing. The staff remembered the party from last year and did absolutely everything they could to accommodate all our different requirements - and we are demanding. They managed to turn around a birthday cake for 10 people the day of the birthday, packed up lunch for the rally drivers participating in the rally each day which was a feast and a half and even corned off half the restaurant for us to celebrate the drivers sucesses, all without hassel. The hotel facilities and customer service is of an exceptionally high standard and I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. We will look forward to seeing you again next year.

Room Tip: Obviously room with a sea view are excellent, room by the pool equally as excellent and convenient with kids
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We have just returned from 10 nights at the sandpiper, and I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel and it's facilities. We stayed in the tree top suite, with private pool, sun deck and dining area. Its expensive but worth it in my opinion. The standard rooms also looked very good from what I could see.

The staff can't do enough for you - extremely friendly and efficient. Great selection of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Decent gym with ipod dock and sky television.

Excellent Spa is in partnership with coral reef club. Exec cars are provided free of charge to/from the spa. We had two treatments during our stay, both were superb. We arrived well in advance of the treatment to take advantage of the plunge pool and steam room at the spa also.

Good reef and private beach within a moments walk.

The hotel also attracts a number of repeat guests, which can only be a good sign. We will also return at some point in the future. Thank you!

Room Tip: Tree top suite is out of this world, but leaves a hole in your wallet!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul_Toms
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed hear on our first visit to barbados overall we had a pleasant relaxing stay rooms were nice but needing repair bathrooms needed updating. First impressions of the beach was not great when we were walking there was empty bear bottles and someone had walked there dog on the beach and did not pick up after him. The resort is very close to the road I would make sure you do not stay on that side. Gym was not great a little depressing to work out in. Overall food was okay. We have been to barbados many times and although expensive we think for the extra money Sandylane is the most amazing hotel on the island.

Room Tip: Do not book a room close to the road.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TorontoSpagirl
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was my first visit to the Sandpiper since 2000. During that time the hotel has doubled in size with a new number of rooms built on newly acquired land. In 2000 I stayed then because of the low key intimate appeal of the Sandpiper. I am pleased to advise that in 2012 the enlarged hotel retains the low-key, luxury appeal.

There is no doubt in my mind that the long term family ownership lus excellent long term manager have ensured that high standard have been maintained and indeed improved upon. I would recommend the Sandpiper to travellers who can afford Sandy Lane and appreciate the Barbadian definition of luxury, but dont want the celebrity culture of Sandy Lane.

My highlights of my stay with my partner in a one bedroom suite:

- although I stayed in one of the older suites, this had been modernised nicely with brand new bathroom.

- restaurant was excellent - breakfast buffet superb and thanks to the chef for tolerating my porridge request every day. Dinner was par with the best west coast restuarants. Great wine list

- beach was small and very relaxing, but with plenty of water sports available (note beaches in Barbados are public but the Sandpiper staff ensure you are not bothered by vendors)

- Harolds beach bar was excellent. Cant recommend his Sue Slinger cocktail enough for a non-alcoholic drink.

- Reception staff were superb. Nothing was too much trouble.

- Gym fairly basic but adequate for my needs and better than having to walk to sister hotel Coral Reef. Peak time was four people using the gym.

- No TV in room policy is fantastic. This is Barbados - switch off...

- .. saying that free wi-fi most appreciated.

No real negatives. Minor misunderstanding when I was refused a drink in the beach bar of the sister hotel was quickly and swiftly dealt with by Sandpiper management, who are rightly proud of the hotel they run.

I firmly believe you get what you pay for in life and the Sandpiper is no exception. I look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Go for the one bedroom suites if you can afford them
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SonnyCrock
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Sandpiper is clearly an extremely well managed property, the staff and service in general really impress. The facility itself is nice enough, but can feel a bit cramped when full due to the number of guests milling around. Our room was modern and very nice. Not sure about the 'no TV' policy when there's quite loud panpipe or easy listening music playing adeles greatest hits every night. Our room was right by the live music meaning it wasn't easy to get a quiet night, but to the hotels credit they moved and even upgraded us when we complained.

The beach strip is extremely narrow and consequently can be quite busy, but I think this is quite common in Barbados. I really liked the gym though, it was done up sparsely but had exactly what was needed.

We did book directly and I dont think we got the best rate accordingly, as relative to other places we stayed the price seemed quite high given the facilities. Clearly this is a hotel with a number of repeat customers, and you can see the staff do invest a lot of time in building a genuine relationship with the guests.

Stayed: March 2012