the first visit to royal westmoreland in nearly ten years was to celebrate a special occasion.
Everything about the place looks good at a first glance but the veneer is rather thin and it hides a clear lack of investment both in people and assets.
The golf course is the classic that it always was but needs a real renovation it is scruffy in every way and the beach club is no more than a lounger on a busy, noisy beach.
The royal villa was very tired and that is how many of the staff appeared, though the clubhouse bar staff were the exception.
Sandy Lane for us next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Westmoreland is an exclusive Barbados estate and country club, a gated community of luxury homes and holiday villas with exceptional facilities, including the world-class Royal Westmoreland championship 18 hole golf course. Spread across 750 acres of lush tropical landscape in the Parish of St James overlooking the Platinum coast, Royal Westmoreland offers the ultimate Caribbean lifestyle, for a holiday or for a lifetime. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Royal Westmoreland Hotel Saint James
- Royal Westmoreland Saint James
- Royal Westmoreland Barbados/Saint James Parish