“Magical anniversary dinner”

The Cliff Beach Club
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We have been to the Cliff many times over the past 20 years. We have never been disappointed. We have always felt like cherished and valued diners. The service has always been excellent and the food out of this world. We love it! Our latest visit was in the same class. We were celebrating our 52nd anniversary and the Cliff staff really made it special. The scallops were utterly divine and the seared tuna likewise. As nothing is absolutely perfect (!) maybe next time wait until the last mouthful of truly luscious food has been swallowed before whipping away the plates!! I might have been able to fit in a desert had there been a bit of a gap. Thank you Paul Owen and your great team for another fabulous evening

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Came here for my husbands birthday lunch not planned we had such a nice afternoon the staff were so nice food good venue amazing nice breeze cocktails very good back soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I have been to The Cliff a few times and always enjoy it for its special ambience and high level of service and food. This time we decided to try the new Beach Club side and the beauty, the views and the food did not disappoint - they were truly phenomenal.

Unfortunately, this time round I am a extremely disappointed in the level of service. This was a very special occasion and we had flown in from California to meet with some close friends and family from London and Barbados to enjoy a really special time together.

We did enjoy some amazing cocktails in the bar which boasted some amazing views. After which we were escorted downstairs and had some glorious eats. Unfortunately it all stopped quick when the DJ started playing his tunes....we were really enjoying his choice of tunes but when he announced a little contest things started to go awry. He said a 'free drink' awaited the person who could guess the next tune he played from a popular TV drama in the eighties. Being a fan of this particular show I immediately recognized it and ran up and asked him if anyone had guessed. He replied, "no" so I asked "is it Saint Elsewhere?" and he said "yes!". I hurried back to my seat excitedly to tell the waitress my free drink order "a shot of the Saint Nicholas Abbey rum" that I had spotted earlier in the bar. She hurried up to tell the guys in the bar upstairs while I waited excitedly. She was very sweet and very excited for me! Coming to Barbados quite often, I've tried just about every local rum, so my friends told me I must try the St Nicholas so I was very keen.

Now here comes the irony. To be honest - in the back of my mind - I wouldn't have been at all surprised if the waitress had come back to tell me the St. Nicholas was a bit too much for the free drink offer. I would have happily paid for it and just taken anything else they wanted to give me for the free drink offer.

Sadly nothing of the sort happened. I waited and waited and waited...all the while nothing came. Not even a word from the waitress, which was a little surprising. But what happened next was just plain silliness.

The DJ was taking a break near our table while the live band started their round, so my friend confronted him and asked where the free drink was for me. Sadly, the DJ lamely said "someone else guessed first". Well, that was a straight up lie but you know what, the man seemed a bit three sheets to the wind, so there was no point arguing with his nonsense. So my friend decided on principle to confront the owner or manager (not sure what he is). My friend just felt that a place such as the Cliff should know better than treat repeat guests in such an obnoxious manner. For good grief, we would have just bought the blame bottle! Plus it's just bad business to be so cheap when you're a place like The Cliff.

When confronted, the manager said he was looking into it and understood why we were disappointed. Being a business owner, I was confident the manager would set this matter right. Unfortunately, he did no such thing. He didn't even have the decency to speak to me about the matter nor did I ever get the rum.

I spoke to my waitress and explained my disappointment and she was very kind but obviously in no position to make things right. I still left a tip for the wait staff and the talented live band because where I come from you don't punish the hard workers even if the management are clearly irresponsible and lame.

Sadly for The Cliff they have lost a lot of business for this debacle. I will not be returning to such a low class operation nor will I be recommending this place to any of my local friends or family from abroad. And you know what? It's a sad commentary on life when people lie so nonsensically. But as my granny used to tell me 'ya get what ya give in life' - so I'm not worried. Just disappointed in the lack of business etiquette in a place that should really know better.

2  Thank Juli F
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

The Clif Beach Club is a great place for any occasion. Everything we had was perfect and te staff is always willing to help you.
Their wine list is very extensive and carry a great variety of wines.
I will deffinetly be goin back and will recomenend.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely LOVE this place!!! The location is idyllic..... ask for an oceanfront table, the view is breath-taking.
As recommended on their website, we arrived early so we could really soak up the ambience before our lunch. We sat in the bar sipping champagne (me) & beer (him) for about 45 mins before heading to our table. The food was superb. Can't wait to return next year for my birthday - definitely my favourite restaurant in Barbados!