All reviewsrockley beachoperations managerquayside mallclean hotelsmall fridgespacious roomlawrence gapcleaning staffpool area isflying fishrum punchfish cakesbars and restaurantsdanebarbadosislandchampers
Reviewed March 4, 2018

We have been staying here for years now after the past renovations. The manager has a good handle on things and keeping things up to date. Nice clean rooms.
However the fate of the Hotels future and livelyhood of all the workers here lies in the hands of the Govt. as it plans to sell it off. This hotel is an asset to the area as is and to the workers there. Will have to wait for its fate some time in 2018.

Room Tip: Refurbished one bedrooms.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Not one single complaint about Blue Horizon.
The view was very good, opposite one of the Best Beaches-Rockley Beach.
Our room, very spacious, very clean, spacious and all we neded.
The pool area -really lovely, comfortable lounge chairs with towels available and umbrellas and side tables. Gazebo to sit under, if you need a break from the Sun, a bar right there.
The Staff: Well, there are not enough words to describe them.
Ryan met us in the Lobby and took our suitcases to our room - Thank you Ryan.
The front desk clerks , each and everyone bery polite, welcoming, so very helpful, always ready to help. Thank you Dale, Erica, Angela, and others.
The cleaning staff, Roxanne, and others. Thank you.
Dane Taylor - operations Manager: Not enough words.
Exceptional at his job. A Gentleman. So,polite, and,will do all in his power to,help you.
Thank you Dane.
Everyone on the Staff went beyond expectations.
The Customer Appreciation Party every Thursday evening, with a live band, great talent - Barry Chandler- Always a great time, you all know we miss those parties,
So happened my 70th Birthday fell on one of those Thursdays and the BluemHorizpn Staff made me feel so special. Thanks so much,
At Night the pool area is lit up like a little .fairyland, we loved it.
Blue Horizon is centrally situated and close to so so much.
Rockley Beach (Accra) right across the road.
Quayside Mall for shopping 5 mins walk.
Lots of eating places 2-5 mins walk.
We had not one single problem or concern at Blue Horizon, no problems with water, always hot water in the shower, no,problems with WIFI.
In Fact not one single complaint.r
I will stay here again and again.
In fact regret not ataying at Blue Horizon before.
Thanks Everyone -You sll made,us feel like Family -You are all missed.
I know I have missed a few names, my apologies.
Hugs to each of you.
Margaret.
We will be back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank margaretagill
Reviewed February 18, 2018

The Blue Horizon is not a 5 star but its a very clean quaint hotel with all the amenities and close to everything. The best beach in Barbados is directly across the street from the hotel parking lot. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank 820michaelsm
Reviewed January 22, 2018

My wife and I ended up here 1 night when we flew in to meet our cruise ship after our flight to San Juan was canceled by JetBlue.

The room we got was very nice. The shower was truly Huge. It was a bit noisy though as we had a spot near the corner by the front street. Immediately across from us was a BBQ restaurant that stayed open late. We were only there for about 9 hours total but would be willing to go back. It's right by the beach and includes free breakfast. The breakfast wasn't anything great, in fact, it was worse than a typical Comfort Inn here in the States, but it was better than having to buy breakfast somewhere else.

Check in was a bit rough, but that was the travel insurance I think. They did not have an elevator. Our room was on the 2nd floor and that meant lugging our bags upstairs.

Room Tip: Get something back from the street and away from the external restaurants
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank great49er
Reviewed January 6, 2018

This hotel was a real mixed bag for me. I booked this hotel based on location and price. I booked the regular room. They gave us a room right at the back of the property, on top of the restaurant and backing onto a service area with a dumpster full of garbage...not so nice. The room itself was very basic, although it appeared to be somewhat renovated. A king bed, a desk, a small fridge, a TV and efficient A/C but no ceiling fan, no coffee maker and no safe. The room rate included a 'continental breakfast'. We tried it one morning and just left. The wait staff was rude, the coffee undrinkable, the OJ was 'Tang', the 'assorted fruits' were a couple of bananas and apples and the so called 'pastries' included a few pieces of stale banana bread. And for this luxe spread I had to sign off on before we left. I guess the management is worried that some people might eat breakfast twice..haha. Luckily at the Quayside Mall right next door, there is a nice little Italian coffee house where the coffee is drinkable.
The other hotel staff were all very pleasant and accommodating.
The hotel itself is very clean and public spaces very neat and tidy. The pool is smallish in size, but during our stay it was empty. The bathroom near the pool area was kept locked most of the time (?)
Rockley beach is right across the street, and there are several vendors who rent beach chairs and umbrellas. We paid 30BDS a day for two chairs and an umbrella. There are also some food vendors where you can buy some decent local fare such as fish cakes and flying fish and rum punch, and also the standard hot dogs and fries.
There are several restaurants in the area as well as a food court, all within walking distance.
I am not sure if I would return to this hotel. If so, I would definitely book a better class of room, depending on price, b/c at that rate, you can pick a much better hotel, such as the Accra across the street.

Room Tip: Don't pick the lowest class of room.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple