All reviewsclose to the airportrestaurant serves goodshower waterfood served at the hotelpeaceful holidaypounding surfsurfing beachtourist crowdstaxi or busfresh fishtwo bedroom apartmentquiet locationthe hotel offershire carbreakfast and lunchfish marketthree star
Reviewed December 18, 2017

I stayed here in December 2017 for 8 nights, costs of the rooms are good but there is always a down fall with this. This very quite location is perfect for the quite getaway, unfortunately way to quite for me. Nice typical 3 star style of accommodation with good size self-catering rooms. Be warned the lower costs will soon be bumped up with taxi's if you want to eat out in the evening or even nip to any kind of shopping which is between 6/8 kilometers way. With nothing to do in the evening, no bar or restaurants you will some times feel isolated. A excellent taxi service is available at the hotel reception. Staff friendly across the site and always willing to assist. Breakfast and lunch is available on site with stunning view from the restaurant/some rooms across the ocean. Would I return? Maybe for a few days certainly not for anything over two nights. A shuttle bus would be a nice touch or a hire car is definitely recommended. Limited access into the ocean with a small quite beach 4 minutes walk away.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I had a lovely one bedroom apt with my own little fully functional kitchen. The breeze blowing through constantly made having AC an almost not required luxury. The staff are very friendly and helpful, always quick to respond to any request or query with a cheerful smile and happy demeanor. This laid back atmosphere encourages you to get onto "island time" quickly and easily, feeling relaxed and at home. The sunrise is spectacular from the cafe and the owner has established a "farm to table" philosophy that is sustainable. The meals are fresh, organic and truly delicious. The apts are only a few mins from most other attractions and areas to visit. I happily recommend this place to anyone. I will go so for as to say : I just got back last week, and Im already planning my next trip!!!.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendy N
Reviewed November 14, 2017

You really need a car as this property is out of the way. You cannot walk to eat or buy food. If you are unfamiliar with Island, it can be a tough find. I got lost and have been to Barbados a dozen times.
Very quiet resort. The wifi was not the best, but not the worst either. The A/C had to be turned to very cool to feel cold. I am sure it wastes electric which is not cheap. I guess it needs cleaning or something.
I would stay here again while on business. Nothing stands out positive and unique or negative. The grass was some of the softest I have ever walked on. Quiet at night. Saw a few bats flying around. Parking lot was rough. Was not awoken to the constant honking of the cabs, a real pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2017

We were married at ocean Spray on October 14th, we had both the ceremony and the reception there, it was absolutely wonderful, the food was catered by the hotel, the food was just delicious, we had booked the event for 60 guest, the food and beverage package was more than enough for everyone who attended.
The staff were on point, our package offered 2 nights stay at the hotel,we booked it for the day before the wedding and the day after .
The grounds are absolutely lovely and perfect for any wedding, you have the option of the gazebo or the lawns overlooking the ocean.
I'd recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

It was the last night of our stay. There was a power outage at about 4:30 pm. We expected it to be restored quickly, but after an hour or so, no one had come by to inform us on what was happening, eventually we headed to reception to seek information. The staff then informed us that they were unaware of what had triggered the outage which affected only that property, but that the power company had been informed, and would be around to look into it.

When darkness began to fall after about three hours later, we became concerned that still no further updates had been provided and no reprieve had been offered. We had to make another trek to reception to secure a candle. It was important to have some form of light as we were departing the next morning a little after 4 am to catch our flight.

While we understand it may have been an accident, it would be useful for a property with 24 plus rooms be equipped with some form of back up power supply. It would also have left a better impression on your guests if the situation had been more proactively managed, needless to say the power had not returned at the time we left the hotel some 12 hours after it went out.

So indeed management needs to be a little more attentive, so that the best can be made out of a bad situation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business