All reviews close to the airport shower water pounding surf tourist crowds taxi or bus kite surfers fresh fish two bedroom apartment quiet location hire car breakfast and lunch fish market explore the island self catering st lawrence gap waves oistins
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I spent 4 nights at this property with my family. I want very impressed by this property since it appeared to be in need of some major upgrade. I’m not someone who is very hard to please but I didn’t get value for money. I stayed in the two bedroom apartment and the ac in one of the rooms did not work at all. The room was not properly cleaned before we came and this was a major turn off upon our arrival. The rooms were very basic and furniture and kitchen appliances were old and limited. The one good thing about this property is that it’s away from the hustle and bustle and ideal for a getaway from everything.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2018

I was in Barbados for a week attending a workshop, and Ocean Spray Apartments was host venue. It was amazing! The grounds were peaceful and secure. The apartments were simple, yet elegant. The property is located right off the ocean, so the waves lulled me to sleep every night. We were staying at Ocean Spray during early June, so the beaching in the south was not recommended due to the sargassum, but there are many beaches on the island to visit. Ocean Spray is the place to chill on the shore with a good book.

It's also the perfect place to eat clean, delicious organic food. Mamu's Cafe is incredible, and the chef, Cheryl (I hope I spelled that right because she is too awesome to get wrong) is so knowledgeable! My favorite meals had to be the muesli and the flying fish. A lot of the food served at the cafe is grown on the owner, Mahmood's, farm, Coco Hill. I love that, especially since where I'm from we import a lot of food.

Ocean Spray is about 10 minutes away from Oisten's, so even though you won't be able to get dinner on the grounds, you can catch a van out to the fry. I recommend some sea cat. There's also a convenience store less than five minutes away from the apartments, so if you need anything, you can just walk there.

I highly recommend Ocean Spray. Coming from a tourist-centric country, it was impressive. Mahmood's awesome, the food is awesome, I actually slept! Five Stars!

Room Tip: I recommend the first-story rooms. The balconies give you a great view of the ocean, and the breeze!!!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2018

We are staying there now, it is very quiet, very much out if the way, the only sound you hear at night is the waves crashing in some 50 metres away. Staff are very helpful, there is breakfast available but not much else, hence you need a car to get around the island. Very good value for money

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

If you're looking tho get away from the hustle and bustle of life, have great bajan cuisine and have the crashing waves to lull you to sleep then this is the place for you. Truly delighted to have been here for a conference.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2018

I stayed at Ocean Spray for a week with my partner and I regretted nothing about our wonderful and relaxing time there.
The staff were warm, friendly and efficient, the room was clean and cozy with a great balcony facing the water.
It's located off the beaten track, so it's peaceful and quiet, but not so far away that we couldn't access Oistins easily. It's also conveniently close to the airport.
If we have the opportunity go to Barbados again, there is nowhere else we'd rather stay!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple