“Decent Chinese but not the typical”

New Century Chinese Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 7, 2018

I had a taste for Chinese while in Barbados and this place was recommended to me so I figured I would give it a try. The staff were very nice and the food was done quickly. The menu had the typical Chinese fare but the taste was definitely different than what you are used to. If you are looking for traditional Chinese taste, this is not it. But I think that is to be expected in different countries, they use different spices so I wasn't too disappointed. The prices were a little expensive as well.
Would I order from here again? Maybe

1  Thank platinumice4sho

Reviewed November 10, 2017

We had the house starter & main meal which was delicious, we really liked it all apart from the dim sum

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

A visit to this restaurant is always worth your while whether it is for lunch, dinner or just a stop-in. The meal is always warm like the atmosphere. There is no long wait time and for sure Ken, the proprietor if he does not serve the menu or the meal himself will stop by to ensure that all is well.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Had the house chowmein and house fried rice. Both were excellent, huge portions and our server was super nice. Would definitely go again. Best Chinese in Barbados.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Food was good and there was plenty of it. Setting and service by all the staff was good. See you next year.