Stayed at the Courtyard Villa. It is a large, spacious space with a huge terrace. The only downside is that it look directly at the now closed silver sands resort. It means the beach is deserted, but it's a bit sad to see these unoccupied buildings.
We were told we "had to rent a car from their agency so everything would be ready for us". I was willing to go along even though it was more expensive. The pick up cab was 15 minutes late and in the end, we made arrangements to drop the car at the airport directly which was much more convenient. Anyone who's driven regularly in the Caribbean could find the place with good instructions. No need for the cab really. Our apartment was still being cleaned as well even though it was well after 3 PM. On the car was in great condition.
The apartment needs a bit of upkeep. We were told to lock the terrace doors every time we left, but since they didn't latch properly, it was a moot point. Also, there was nothing in terms of supplies other than salt & pepper. We tried to borrow dish soap (we had not bought any assuming the apartment would have some) and were told there just wasn't any available - so I used my small bottle of laundry detergent I brought along until we could go back to the store the next day.
The apartment was good value for the money - for Barbados...We were in Antigua just before Xmas, and everything was cheaper in Antigua.
All in all lots of fun but the wallet definitely took a hit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inchcape Seaside Villas & Apartments Six spacious individual houses on the white sand beach of Silver Sands with tropical gardens and views of the Caribbean Sea, tastefully furnished and well equipped. Self contained two bedroom/two bathroom houses with maid/cook and beautiful/unique one bedroom apartments. Amenities: satellite-tv, stereo sytems, private tel., Complementary high speed wireless internet access, complete info on restaurants, supermarkets, shopping, organized airport pick up/drop, taxi service, rental car arrangements ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Inchcape Seaside Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inchcape Seaside Villas Hotel Christ Church
- Inchcape Seaside Hotel
- Inchcape Seaside Christ Church
- Inchcape Seaside Villas Barbados/Christ Church Parish