“Totally spoiled”

Rangeley, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Totally spoiled”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This is our fifth visit to Bonaire and our first guided trip to Klein Bonaire. We have snorkeled all over the place in the Florida Keys, Bahamas, Grand Cayman and Maui. And this was by far the best snorkeling of our lives!!!

We are used to fending more for ourselves on snorkel boats. We bring our own gear and are usually the first ones in the water and the last ones out. Now Dee and her crew have spoiled us for life! We learned a lot, had abundant food and drinks (best lunch I had on the island was on the Woodwind). I, especially, appreciated it when Dee dove underneath me on the ladder and took off my fins for me. (That never happens!)

Even though we love the beach snorkeling on the main island, none of the sites compare to the beautiful healthy coral and fish diversity we saw on this trip. I am so glad we took all the good advice we received and booked on the Woodwind.

Visited April 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great for the fearful.”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was a bit hesitant to do this tour, not having snorkeled and not much of a swimmer. But I am so happy we did this. The crew as everyone else have said is phenomenal. They could not have been more helpful and accommodating. Dee was so patient with me, I could not have been more thankful, for such a great experience. The coral and sea life was unbelievable for this novice. If you are lucky enough to secure a reservation, you won't be disappointed. My only suggestion is if you are not a very good swimmer, bring a snorkel vest. The crew has snorkel belts available, but I would have been a bit more comfortable, had I brought a vest. It was a great experience and the highlight of the cruise.

Visited October 2011
Gainesville, FL
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 393 helpful votes
“Best Boat Snorkel of our Lives”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I don't have much to add to the wonderful reviews here for the Woodwind. My husband and I have participated in numerous boat snorkel trips in Australia, Hawaii, the Florida Keys, Mexico and the Caribbean. Our Woodwind trip to Klein Bonaire was far and away the best we have ever taken, anywhere, period. And this excursion was by far the best value we have ever had for such a trip.

Dee and her entire crew demonstrated a high level of professionalism, with safety as the highest concern, but enjoying nature and protecting the environment were also priorities. At first my husband and I were concerned that we would have a less than stellar experience, as it looked like about 25 people were booked on the trip. However, when it came time to snorkel, we were divided into 4 groups, each with its own expert guide, and the experience was wonderful. We were lucky enough to be in the last group, the one led by Dee. Our group had 7 snorkelers, including a very young child and a very nervous woman. Dee was patient, encouraging, and safety conscious. Even amidst managing this group, she was able to dive down to point out animals of interest, and explained to all what we had seen.

Klein Bonaire is incredible - amazingly clear water, lots of fish of many species, sea turtles, beautiful and healthy coral, and sponges taller than me! The first Klein Bonaire location we snorkeled was the only place that we saw a Queen Angelfish all week, and the second stop, which was much more shallow, the only place we saw Flamingo Tongues; they were hanging out on some gorgeous gorgonian corals. Klein Bonaire was fabulous, as was the Woodwind, and we are only sorry that we went only once in our weeklong trip.

When snorkeling was over, the crew served us a hot lunch! I believe it was bami noreng (an Indonesian noodle dish) - absolutely delicious. A vegetarian option was available. For dessert - homemade brownies! The best food I've ever had on a snorkel trip, and all at about 1/3 the price I would pay in Hawaii or Australia; incredible value. This great lunch was on top of the snacks (packaged cookies and crackers, if I remember right) that was provided between snorkels and unlimited water, soda and juice (in real glasses; less trash to throw away or recycle).

The crew is quite environmentally conscious, with Dee explaining to all the importance of not touching the coral or anything else, and of purchasing the marine park license, which helps fund the park. One of the crew members (sorry, don't remember her name) gave an excellent talk on coral bleaching and coral ecology. Service overall was excellent, with the crew distributing short wetsuits and snorkeling gear to those who needed it, as well as defogging everyone's masks.

We highly recommend the Woodwind snorkeling experience.

Visited March 2012
Riverton, Utah
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“We ruined our kids early!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I can't say enough good about this group! Dee personally fitted us with the gear, husband and I have snorkled quite a bit but the kids had only done it twice before. Our "guide" was very informative and helped the kids dive down to see different fish and coral. This was some of the most beautiful we have ever seen, and and the information provided was top notch. We will be back!

Visited December 2011
Sebago, Maine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We did both the Klein Bonaire snorkeling trip and a night snorkel and both were great. After a week of diving we still didn't get our fill of the beautiful undersea world of Bonaire so we opted to snorkel our last day as an early morning flight kept us from diving. What a treat. The snorkel trip on the trimaran was well planned and very informative. The staff on the boat are very knowledgeable and point out different coral and marine life throughout the trip both on the boat and while in the water. They served cold drinks and snacks as well as a very good lunch on board.

The night snorkel with Dee was fantastic. If you have not done it before - DO IT. It is really so cool, so different and not at all scary. We had only three of us plus the guide. She will provide flashlights and will point out the different marine life that emerge when the sun goes down. It was really one of the highlights of our recent trip.

Visited March 2012