This was my second trip to Buddy Dive with our local dive club. Most diving on Bonaire is shore diving so the inclusion of a small pickup truck with each room is a real benefit. Just be prepared for sticker shock at any of the local stations when you fill up your gas-tank at the end of the week. There is also a drive thru air-station with unlimited air and Nitrox up near the parking lot so you can pick up and drop off tanks without having to lug them up from the dive shop. The dive shop itself is very efficient and professional with plenty of storage space for your gear.
We also had a free breakfast buffet added into our package which was a nice touch. The house reef is very nice and perfect for night dives. There is a great ocean view from all of the terraces. The rooms are a little rustic and the water pressure a bit low but come on.. we are talking about Bonaire and you are here for great diving, not for a 5 star resort. There is a nice basic kitchen in each room and the grounds themselves are lovely.
One caveat, if your significant other is not a diver...they should stay at home, unless they are a sun-worshiper with a fully loaded Kindle. There really isn't much else to do on Bonaire. Another warning, my first visit was in June 2009. June is a miserable month on Bonaire from 10am to 5pm if you're out in the sun. Melting into a pool of slime hot. The wind seemed to be absent for most of the week that we were there. March was a much nicer month and the viz, IMHO, seemed to be better as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk