All reviewsbuddy divedrive thruphoto centerthe friday night bbqthe reefsair stationfree nitroxswim up bargreat divingpickup truckone bedroom apartmentmanual transmissionlion fishbreakfast buffet isliving areaklein bonaireunlimited shore diving
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was my first ever dive vacation. Nothing I can say explains the great time I had. I did twenty dives, ten of them right in front of the resort. Five dives were at night, one boat dive to the Hooker. Later that day we did two dives again on the Hooker, the first a day dive and the second a night dive there. The next day we did a tech dive on the Hooker. The depth was only 110FSW, but we stayed a long time. Buddy Dive does have 100% O2 available. Dove NITROX the entire time (32 to 34%). The check out dive is nothing more than getting the proper amount of lead. The first dive I did at Buddy Dive I had some issues with weight. Forgot that Aluminum takes are positively buoyant when empty. I usually use steel. The critters… well I’ve never seen them before except in pictures. Coral in abundance, tarpon bigger than me, lobsters, Lyon Fish (boohoo), eels, parrot fish, etc. I’m a Washington State diver and this was my first time diving with a wet suit and not a dry suit. The drive in air pick up was great, in and out in seconds. We usually took only two tanks with us on our shore dives as requested by the staff. The only time we took three was when we headed up to Washington Park. We had a great diving experience up there. The only negative was we headed out a little late. The road in the park is dirt, rutted, and a slow go. Leave earlier than later. As for the staff at Buddy Dive, kudos to them. Everyone was helpful and very courteous. The tour around the facility helped us familiarize ourselves with where everything was. I didn't want to be bugged by people (aka, work), so I didn't bring a laptop. However, there is a single desktop to check personal email on that I used a few times. The Friday night BBQ was excellent and don’t forget to make reservations. The place was packed. I have two kids who are divers. After sending them pictures, they decided that next year were all going to Buddy Dive.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 411Peter
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from a 3 day, 2 night stay at Buddy Dive. We were 100% satisified with our accomdations and the friendliness of the staff. We stayed in a studio apt. 1 bath, 1 queen bed, and a kitchen. It was perfect, nothing bigger was needed. The scuba and photo shop on site were outstanding. The restaurant by the pool had wonderful lunches. We ate dinner at it's Rainig Fishes. Great food, right on the water

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank gskgee
Reviewed May 5, 2012

When the opportunity to dive at Buddy's came about, I jumped at the opportunity and it far surpassed my expectations. The rooms were very comfortable, and the diving superb! The dive staff was fantastic! Carlos, Murph, Batiste, Remy, Danny, and Natalia were fantastic! Very knowledgable and safety was their first concern, fun was next!! Breakfast was provided and it offered a wide variety of choices, including made-to-order omelettes and belgian waffles. Restaurant staff in the PoolBar were great too! Kim and Hub did their best to ensure that all your needs were met and you were having a great time. John and Suzie in the photo center were extremely helpful as well. The hidden oasis pool was fantastic - a hidden gem you must find and enjoy! There were two drawbacks tho. The internet was virtually non-existent. I paid for a week's access and was able to access it exactly one time - but the staff did make it right on check out. The other drawback - sand fleas, no-see-ums, and mosquitoes!!! Made mincemeat out of my legs!!! Make sure you bring you super strength repellent with you! Would i go again??? Absolutely!!!! Make sure you meet Mama Lou in the Dive Shop!! Nuf said.........

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michele V
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Bonaire is a scubadiving heaven. Buddy Dive, makes heaven come true. Diving was great, resort was great too. Enjoyed it all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Second time at Buddy Dive. You can't beat the value or the on site diving. Staff is extremely qualified and helpful. Food is delicious If you want a dive vacation with unlimited shore diving, great boat dives, fun and relaxation rolled into one location, then this is the spot. Make sure you get a kiss from Momma Lou. Happy Diving.

• Stayed: September 2011