“Superb hospitality”
Review of Casa 1932

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa 1932
Ranked #15 of 687 Havana B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Superb hospitality”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My friend recommended the casa to me after her stay here. However I didn't get the chance to stay at the lovely and cozy casa as it was fully booked. The owner, Luis had however offered me breakfast and dinner at his Casa and arranged another accommodation very close to his Casa for me. Luis was very helpful.

The Casa is very close to the water front promenade (app. 2 mins) and it's a walk-able distance to the some of the major attractions. The interior of the Casa is very well kept with gorgeous dining room and a nice and airy patio. The decor together with the antique furniture and warm lighting bring a delightful ambiance. Luis likes to play very nice and soft music which is perfect for the environment. I had a look at the rooms. They look clean and nice. It was such a pity that I wasn't able to stay there.

My dinner at the Casa was unforgettable. I joined the German couple staying at the Casa for a sophisticated dinner which was elegantly served by very welcoming staff there. The meal at the Casa was the best compared to all other meals I had in the other 5 casa particulares that I stayed in Cuba. It's better than many restaurants outside.

Luis, his brother, the cook at night and the lady cook in the morning where all very friendly. They provide much better services then those of the hotels who keep expecting you to give them tips. I really would like to extend my gratitude to the all the staff there. I had a wonderful time at the Casa.

I have promised Luis to write the review in my own language. Below is the Chinese translation.

我的朋友在這旅館留宿后向我推薦這兒。可惜因為客滿,我沒有機會留在可愛和舒適的旅館。友善的雇主Luis 邀請了我在他的旅館吃早餐和晚餐,並安排另一非常接近的旅館給我。

這旅館非常接近的水海濱長廊(約2分鐘),你也可步行到一些主要景點。館內保持得很好,有一著華麗的飯廳和一個很好的通風天井。那兒的裝飾和古董家具在柔和的燈光下帶來一個很有情調的氛圍。Luis 喜歡播放輕柔的音樂,為這環境帶來完美的氣氛。我參觀過房間。他們看起來乾淨漂亮。很可惜我不能在那裡留宿。

我在這兒的晚餐令人難忘。我和一對在這住的德國夫婦一同吃了一頓有格調和美味的晚餐。這兒的員工都非常友善。這兒的餐比我在其他5 家CASA particulares的都好,比很多外面的餐館都好。

Luis,他的弟弟,在晚上的廚師和早上的嬸嬸,每人都非常友好。他們提供很好的服務。如果你有興趣感受一下一種舊的,古老的,慢慢的和懶洋洋的氣息,這家旅館實在很籍得去。

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank laureina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My husband and I stayed with Luis in his gorgeous old house and it was lovely. Great location, super clean and Luis is very friendly, helpful and makes you feel welcome. He gave my husband cigars to smoke and was generally great. Cuba was very interesting and it can be confronting so it is nice to have somewhere to stay where you feel safe and taken care of. We spent 4 days exploring Havana and walked and got taxis. We also got an old taxi car to the beach - 20 mins from Havana and that was a beautiful way to spend a morning. I had the Havana wallpaper guide and can highly recommend this. It was helpful to have a map and some handy hints/tips for a city like Havana.

Room Tip: there are only 2 x rooms. We actually stayed in the room with 2 x single beds even though we're...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed in Casa 32 a few days before Christmas 2011 the owner Luis was very welcoming
& very helpfull. The casa is close to the main attractions in Vieja & literally 2 mins from the Malacon (the sea front promenade) but at the same time you are living in the same area as the locals which gives your stay a nice authentic feel. The accommodation is spotless & the overall ambiance with the old & antique furniture gives the place a unique feel. we stayed for 3 nights & throughly enjoyed our stay & the breakfast certainly sets you up for a bit of walking & sightseeing every morning.This is the first time I have ever left a review either good or bad but our stay here says you must try to describe what a wonderfull place this is, Unique accommodation in a unique city & we would hope to stay again some time

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BandlovelyL
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I didn't stay in Luis' place as he was fully booked but he arranged another accommodation for me. However, I still hung out at his place a couple of times to chat and also to arrange the rest of my trip in Havana, and Luis Miguel was priceless in making the whole of my 3 weeks in Cuba a success.

I managed to have a look at the rooms, and they were lovely, so it's unfortunate I wasn't able to stay there. For those who may be thinking of staying here, the location is also ideal-in between old Havana and Vedado.

To me, I rate this place highly because of the service that Luis provides. I came to Cuba with nothing but a week's accommodation in Havana booked, for a 3-week stay. I completed my 3 weeks, having visited 5 different places in Cuba, all because of Luis' help in recommending these places and arranging my accommodations for me. His brother also teaches salsa so I managed to learn some
moves! The few times I visited Luis, he was also very hospitable and offered fantastic Cuban coffee and even made a farewell mojito for me on my last day!

• Stayed January 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I initially contacted Casa 1932, though unfortunately there was not any availability for the dates I needed. However, the proprietor Luis was able to provide accommodation in Casa 1940 which he also owns. Luis was also extremely helpful in finding other accommodation elsewhere on my itinerary within Cuba, and also arranging taxi pick ups, general advice, and a nice welcome - I really couldn't have asked for more from him. Casa 1932 looked very nice from what i saw of it - Luis welcomed me there initially, and let me shower there before my flight home after checking out of Casa 1932 earlier in the day. Casa 1940 was very spacious and clean, and Dory and her family very were hospitable in providing a good breakfast each day. The accommodation is in Centro Habana, and a relatively short walking distance from Habana Vieja, and was good in terms of experiencing a slice of Havana life, in amongst the locals, rather than the alternative sanitised hotel type accommodation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 24 January 2012

we stayed in this beautiful casa for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip and 1 at the end and we had a wonderful time.Luis Miguel is the perfect host.We booked this place by email 2 months before our stay and there was no problem with it.We organised with luis to pick us up at the airport in havana and he had a driver waiting for us when we arrived.
He also helped us get bus tickets and organised a lovely coco taxi sight seeing tour and organised a lovely casa for us to stay in Vinales when we had no accomodation booked there.He really is a wonderful host as all the staff are.We had dinner there 2 nights and the food is very tasty.
when we returned to havana before we went home we could only stay here for 1 night as the casa was full but luis set us up with a nice casa around the corner.overall we had a great time here and would highly recommend it!:)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed for 3 nighs - our first nights in Havana at Luis' place. The house i beautiful, rooms well equipped and the host friendly, though business oriented - which we didn't ind. Luis helped us with arranging our all-arround-cuba accomodations and when we faced a situation in Santiago he supported us and help to manage it. We would obviously recommend this place - since it's well located and you may always count on great Luis suggestios about things to do in Havana. He always had his plan B for us :) hope we meet again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple