See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

Great location if you want to be close to the beach. You just have to cross the street and you are on santa maria beach.
But the rooms are in bad condition, food is not good. Better go to the restaurant just in front (really good value for the cost, great seafood and good cocktails).
Good place for people, like i did, who are only passing by for traveling around cuba. Price is super cheap and hotel arrange all the pickups from and to the airport. Taxi to downtown habana is about 15$, if you go directly to the viazul bus station it's about 20$.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Anne-Marie R
Reviewed December 6, 2015

This is a Very basic hotel on a nice beach and access to Havana. If you are on vacation this is not the place for you. Try Tropicoco down the road instead. Only reason to check in is if you have no other option and need to stay just one night. Beach across the road is nice though. 20 min outside Havana. I can't think of any reason I would recommend staying here except say if you don't have any other options.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Dev K
Reviewed November 12, 2015

I booked with Hola Sun Tours. A gov't run company in Cuba. I flew to Havana, instead of Veradero, although we stopped there enroute. Upon arrival at Havana airport I soon discovered that there were no signs marking where to pick up my luggage at one of the two conveyor belts. Never saw my luggage again!! Hola Sun did not have a rep to greet me and take me to the hotel. Cost me $50 CUC taxi. Its a $25 CUC bus ride from Veradero, which is the 'tourist' airport in Cuba. It would have helped to have him there since I have lost my luggage and could not speak Spanish at the 'Lost and Found'. I filled out the Lost and Found claim ticket and later gave to my rep - never saw him again until the last day at the airport. I stayed 11days. The hotel was advertised as being in Havana, but was about 12km away. The swimming pool has not been used in years. The breakfast was good, but a lot of flies. Staff is friendly. The last day of the trip a bus was to pick me up at 3:15am to go to the airport. After waiting 45 minutes I took a taxi ($50 CUC cost). I was lucky to get at taxi at that time of the morning!! Now I am back in Canada and have to wait 30 days before I can make a claim for 'lost' luggage with Cubana Airlines. I am not pleased with Cubana Airlines/Hola Sun Tours as they have been unhelpful in every sense you can think of. They say the Cuban Government will pay for my losses. This should be interesting. More to come ...

Room tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors. There is no elevator and the steps are steep and narrow. The upper floors have 'zero' water pressure!
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Jake J
Reviewed October 23, 2015

We booked a 2 room Apt. here as it was the only room left "In" La-Havana. We arrived and felt very lost because the pictures on-line are beautiful and the reality was much more bleak! We checked-in and then had to haul our luggage 1/2 a football field away on a barely paved sidewalk to the room. When we finally arrived to the out building the housed our room, we were greeted by an empty pool with a dead crab in the bottom. Up 3 floors to our room... The 2 rooms were equally disgusting. There was no place to purchase bottled water. Plenty has already been said about the poor upkeep of this place (I stupidly didn't listen), I would just say that they are all true. We left and took a 25 minute cab ride to Central Havana/ Old Havana. All of the small, and sometimes large Casa's we stayed in were amazing, with amazing / personal service at a much better value!!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Daisy C
Reviewed September 14, 2015

We travelled to Cuba this summer for the first time, and we actually rented a villa in the city, but seeing as how it is cheaper to get a hotel and flight package than to get just plane tickets, we booked the cheapest package we could get, which was with this hotel. However, since we had a really late flight and arrived around 3 am, we decided to stay at Las Terrazas the first night just to get a few hours of sleep and not bother the owners of the villa at all hours of the night. We knew we would be just staying a few nights, and thought to ourselves, it can't be THAT bad... WRONG. It can, and it was. Actually WORSE. Now don't get me wrong, I am no hotel snob, and I love to get a good deal, have stayed at some sketchy places (in Canadian standards).
When we arrived, we could see the place looked run down, but it was dark, so I was still hopeful to just get a few hours of sleep in a safe room. The first sign that this place was nasty was the overwhelming smell of sewage at the lobby. Even the receptionist was using her scarf to cover her nose as we walked in. The receptionist was, however nice and helpful. Next, a quite elderly man helped us lug our luggage to our room, which was quite far from the lobby, but that was not a big deal. When he finally brought us to our room, we were kind of just speechless. It was run down, dirty, infested with ants, no toilet paper, the shower was basically a pipe sticking out of the wall, the toilet wouldn't even flush... I could go on. The beds were rock hard, the towels were dirty and stained... Basically there was nothing appealing about this place whatsoever. The grounds of the hotel were also really rundown and decrepit. The next morning we headed over to the lobby area to see about a bus into town to head to our villa, and the receptionist told us there was free breakfast in another building close by, so we checked it out hoping for just a cup of coffee. There was actually a decent spread of food, cold cuts, fruit, pastries etc, however none of it was covered so the flies were literally FEASTING in all the platters. I am talking A LOT of flies all over the food. I don't understand why they wouldn't just cover the platters, but it was really gross and I don't understand how people were actually eating that stuff. Another lady at the restaurant gave us some advice and was really friendly, so I have nothing bad to say about the staff, they were all nice. But seriously, if you are considering spending several days at this hotel, think again.

Room tip: I doubt this is a good room in this place.
Date of stay: July 2015