“High class restaurant and service”

Restaurante Cafe del Oriente
Ranked #86 of 902 Restaurants in Havana
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Cuban, International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cuban gourmet restaurant, with author cuisine, located at San Francisco Square, in Old Havana. A wide variety of Cuban cocktails and international beverages. Trolley services.
Reviewed September 18, 2018

This restaurant is beautiful and the service was excellent, located near cruise terminal in the pigeon square. We had delicious cuban espresso and ordered dessert ice cream with rum, the waiter turned off the lights and lit our dessert up it was a beautiful presentation!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

The restaurant welcomes you with very quiet and friendly atmosphere. Very friendly staff who speaks good english, and is very helpful in explaining the mene.
We had the grilled lobster and can recommend this highly
We also tried the local pudding (the Flan). It was Ok, but we tasted better versions other places during our visit.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Of all the restaurants I have ever had the pleasure to dine at, this was hands down the most high-class experience of my life. The building itself is incredibly beautiful, ornate, and classic. The waitstaff was attentive to every detail of the dining experience; impeccable service. And the food was amazing. I ordered lobster and my husband had the most medium rare steak I have ever seen. The wine was selected by the server and was very good as well. This meal would have cost a small fortune in America, so pay what they are asking because it is worth every penny. If you are on a cruise, this is a very short walk from the port. This was an experience I will never forget.

1  Thank TLBPsyD
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

This is my 5th visit to my favourite high end restaurant in Havana.Our friends treated us to a wonderful dinner in celebration of my 55th birthday.As usual the whole dining experience was superb.The service the menu the food are all what you would expect at a fine dining establishment in North America or Europe.My wife ordered the Ceasar salad which was prepared from scratch by the waiter beside our table.She claims it was the best she has ever had.The jazz trio performing classics definitely added to the ambience of the evening.Everything we ordered was delicious and impeccably presented.The drinks were absolutely delicious.I had a simple Cubata couldnt believe how tasty it was.The ladies ordered Sangrias.wow wow wow unbelievably delicious.The desert was a show in itself I had baked Alaska with the lights dimmed and the cake aflame and the trio playing the appropriate music.My wife had Crepes Suzette....amazing delicious and entertaining.All in all a delightful experience.This restaurant has everything going for it...great location beautiful building and decor excellent dedicated staff and beautifully presented drinks and food.Even if you just stop in on a day you are touring around Old Havana stop in for drinks you will love it.I recommend also if celebrating a birthday or anniversary to come for dinner.The best part about it the price is quite reasonable if you compare to North American or European standards.I would eat here every time I'm in Havana...love this place.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Upscale restaurant in Old Havana. Food was great. Staff professional, but not very friendly. Live band good. I had chicken breast, white rice (not usual rice you get with beans) and garbanzo beans with peppers and zucchini. Flan was incredible.