All reviews san francisco square old town excellent location breakfast was included first floor decent hotel internet connection air con tour group three nights omelette cuba jacuzzi cuc electricity paladars plumbing
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Our first room was a decent size, but the air conditioning did not work properly during our first night and the room had a musty, moldy smell. Since it was hot, we requested a room change and the front desk staff was very accommodating and upgraded us to a suite which was wonderful. The suite was spacious with a jacuzzi off the bathroom area that overlooked the square in front of the hotel. The shower and toilet had their own separate spaces. The suite also had a sitting area with a dining table. Our breakfast was included with our tour and the restaurant had a good selection of hot and cold breakfast items. The restaurant is on the first floor in an atrium area and is a nice space to enjoy a meal. There is also a bar if you are interested in an alcoholic beverage. The hotel is located in a quaint square and is centrally located in Old Havana. There are many paladars and historical sights within walking distance to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the square
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank wahoowa91
Reviewed July 14, 2017

we didn't choose to stay at this hotel ,our hotel had been flooded so we were allocated to here, Hotel itself is nice, room was nice if a bit dreary , sheets were damp but thats because of the air con being on so high , we did ask reception one night to turn it off they said they would send someone , but they never did , the room was too cold to sleep in . Breakfast is not a buffet but served by a waiter which is fine but if you ask for more coffee they don't seem too happy about it . I waited 20 mins one morning having to ask twice for a refill as the cups are tiny , I even asked for a pot of coffee so I wouldn't have to bother them again, being busy serving breakfast, but they said no and poured from the pot and took it away !! service was slow in the bar and resturant , the waiters looked pretty fed up ....sorry !!! The only time we were met with a smile was with the lady from reception .
In saying that the food and drinks were very good and the location is fantastic , you are right on San Francisco square

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank monopolyempire
Reviewed June 14, 2017

This is a terrible hotel with incompetent staff. I booked a room by telephone with a quoted rate of CUC 180 per night. When I arrived, they "lost" the reservation and charged me CUC 360 per night. The man at the counter was a complete jerk about their error and behaved in an extremely hostile manner. He was belligerent to me throughout my stay, even refusing to change dollars into CUC. The hostile attitude made my stay extremely unpleasant.

One more thing - the breakfast at the hotel was really bad. The scrambled eggs tasted like wood shavings, the bread was stale and the coffee was cold. There must be better options in Old Havana than this place.

Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank PeterX91
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

This is my second stay at this lovely hotel!! Excellent location, comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast!
Kudos to the restaurant and bar staff for a job well done! Your front desk and concierge staff are exceptional!
The only thing missing both trips is hot water for shower! Can we fix please? I plan to return!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Inspire197948
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

This is our second time visiting Cuba and we have travelled extensively throughout the island and either you will opt for a government owned hotel or a Melia, iberostar. If you do opt for a government owned this is the best one. The food is amazing and you will have a few more amenities not found anywhere else. The location is amazing. You would be able to walk everywhere from there.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family