4,135 results
All reviews top floor live music al capone rooftop restaurant old havana graham greene patio bar vip breakfast opera singers superior room corner room swimming pool breakfast room nice pool charming hotel revolution museum high ceilings
Reviewed September 23, 2018

The hotel is located in the perfect old Havana Location. Close to everything. Its old, so dont expect new amenities, however the room we had 609 was large and spacious with great views. The bathroom was clean and had a good shower tub with sufficient water pressure. Ac was good and the lounge part of the room was good also. They have a meet and greet everyday with free (watered down) cocktails. The GM and staff are very friendly and accommodating. We saw the pool but didn't get a chance to use it. Its huge and looked amazing!

Stayed: September 2018
Emmanuel P, Director General at Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Dear Manium,

Thank you to have chosen us for staying in Habana and we are all delighted you had a great time here; I will definitivelly forward your comments to the team.
You will have to come back for the poo l:)
Again, thank you for your visit and looking forward to your next time in Cuba.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Great hotel with excellent staff - if you enjoy taking your afternoons easy with a Mojito and great live music then this is the hotel for you. The hotel is conveniently located in Old Havana and you're well within walking distance of museums and other attractions. The hotel is old, but it has so much charm and history that you can forgive some of the little issues you wouldn't expect in a brand new hotel. We were made to feel welcome from the very beginning and had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Panhellenism,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and taking the time to send us your comments; we are delighted you enjoyed your stay in Habana and at the Mercure Sevilla and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

After booking online to stay here for one night with my boyfriend for his birthday as a surprise, my booking confirmation stated I could check in at 2pm, arriving at 12:30 I knew we would be expected to wait, i thought no harm in trying so we proceeded to reception to be told check in was in fact 4pm! Which I was annoyed about, the reception staff especially ERIC was very smug and rude when I stated my booking form stated 2pm. So off we went for 3 and a half hours in the humidity after travelling for so long! Arriving back at the hotel at 4pm, our room still wasn’t ready!!! ERIC again told us to come back in half an hour, so again frustrated we waited.. half an hour later, still wasn’t ready!! Another half an hour went by and our room was finally done.. initially was annoyed about being on the 7th floor however our view made up for it, the cleanliness of the room was bad, it was literally just as though the sheets had been changed and that was literally it!! Having showered in the dingy bathroom we ventured out around Havana! Coming back in the evening we was informed you did room service, so we tried calling once reaching our room only to be ignored several times.. we came back down to reception to ask again about room service to order food, ERIC ONCE AGAIN smugly smiled and pointed without saying anything now baring in mind he could’ve been pointing at anything as they’re was a Wall in place! Having ordered food to come to our room we was told we had 10 minutes and they’d be there to collect the plates! Our burgers arrived grey and absolutley raw!! Disgusting!! Would NEVER return to this hotel again!!!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PainyA
Emmanuel P, Director General at Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2018

Good afternoon Dear PainyA,

Thank you first for visiting us at the Sevilla and thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. I am truly sorry your experience wasn't what it should have been, and especially your arrival at the hotel and your interaction with one of our colleague; I can assure you that I did a personnal follow up with Eric who is, in general, very friendly and professional. Even though check in is 2pm, we should have found a way to accomodate you, and at least to make you feel welcome here.
I will also follow up on the cleanliness of your room; not sure if you had a chance to ask to speak with a manager; please do not hesitate next time.
It also appears that you were given a wrong information, we do not have room service; that does not excuse the quality of the food.

I am sorry we were not at the level we should have been for your stay, especially with a special occasion as the birthday of your boyfriend. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance in the future ( gergral@sevilla.gca.tur.cu ).

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

The personal attendance was very good but the hotel maintenance is not good, especially in the lower levels hotel rooms.
Good A/C
Good Hot waters.
Pool very good.
The entertainment very good
And the personal was very good.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Eugenio M
Emmanuel P, Director General at Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Eugenio M,
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.
I would like to invite all future guests to write to me at the following email address for any special request and especially do not hesitate to contact me directly while you staying with us to forward me any suggestion or issues you may have during the stay – Gerardo Souto - dir.res@sevilla.gca.tur.cu
Kind regards,
Gerardo Souto
Director Residente | Mercure Sevilla La Habana

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I’m all for culture so I read the reviews and thought the hotel sounded great. My aircon was very barely working, my toilet clogged twice and everything just felt dirty and old.

The pool was very dated but much needed in the heat. The staff at reception were rude and there was never anyone to help with bags up the front steps. The cleaning staff were very nice though so be sure to leave them a tip.

Location is great but I would look to stay elsewhere next time

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank gembawamba
Emmanuel P, Director General at Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear gembawamba,
We very much appreciate all your thoughts. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you again.
Kind regards,