“What an amazing casa, host and staff!”
Review of CasavanaCuba

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
CasavanaCuba
Ranked #7 of 687 Havana B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“What an amazing casa, host and staff!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

What did I like about this house? Hmmm, very difficult to answer, as I have a lot of things to say. So let's see: 1 - Location - the apartment is located in a building on one of the most famous streets in Havana, in one of the cleanest and nicest neighborhoods: Vedado. The street is called Avenida de los Presidentes and most of the embassies in Cuba are located on this street. It is also a few steps from the Malecon, the famous promenade in Havana. Havana Vieja, where most of the sightseeing objectives are located, is about 15 min walking from the apartment. So is the Plaza de la Revolucion. The airport is approx. 20 min by car, so also very accessible. So, number 1, the location, is perfect. 2 - Apartment - very modern, very decent and clean. I honestly did not expect to stay in such an apartment in Cuba. I planned for the worst, but as it happened, we stayed in the best. We stayed there in 3 different occasions, in 2 different rooms and I happened to see all the rooms as well. They are all different from each other, one more modern and beautiful than another. Every room has its own bathroom, which was one of the most important things we were looking for. Beds are big and comfortable, there is AC in each room, a fridge, a TV (the owner is now replacing all the TV's with new LCD TV's). The apartment is on the 5th floor, but there are 2 elevators in the building that take you up to the apartment. 3 - Safety - there is a safe box in each room, which we used the first time we stayed there, but after getting to know the host and the ladies working in the house, we realized there was no need for us to use it. Also the apartment has cameras in the living room and there is a lady who lives in the apartment and monitors the cameras to make sure nothing unsafe happens to the guests. 4 - Cleanliness - you can basically eat from the floor, which says it all. The bed sheets and towels are changed daily. Including the common area is cleaned daily. 5 - Staff - I loved everyone working there! The ladies working in the apartment could not be better! Very nice, caring, trustworthy, hard working people! Because I speak Spanish, we were able to chat and laugh a lot and get close to each other. I already miss them all and I barely left Cuba. They make sure you wake up on time to catch your bus or flight to your next destination, they prepare a fresh breakfast for you, they make sure your stay at the apartment is very pleasant. 6 - The owner - I absolutely love her! Never in my life I've met a host like Marta! From the moment we met until we left, we were helped and assisted all the way! I had made an itinerary before we got to Cuba with the places we wanted to visit and when I showed it to her, she started laughing, saying that we need to revise it together, as that plan is impossible to keep for the time we allocated it. How right she was! Wise enough, we listened to her suggestions and it all went perfect! She arranged for accommodation for us in all the places that we visited, including a 5* AI resort in Cayo Santa Maria (which, btw, is heaven on earth). She advised us on things that we shouldn't do while in Cuba, for our own protection and safety. We were given a guide book to take with us and use it while in Cuba. We were able to store our luggage in the apartment when we visited Vinales and we didn't want to carry the luggage with us. We had a lot of discussions on life in Cuba in general, she and her husband are both educated and intelligent people that one has a lot to learn from and to discuss with. I am keeping in touch with them and hope to see them again soon. All in all, I will definitely stay there next time I visit Cuba and I will recommend it to all of my friends who are thinking about visiting Cuba!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cristina S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first